Day 4: Hangeng.

15 days with Super Junior ♥

Last night Jae-Min had a phone call from Ae-Cha telling her that she has to be ready to leave her apartment by 7 in the morning tomorrow. Jae-Min agreed thinking that it should be an interesting day with Hangeng however just like Day 2 with Leeteuk and Day 3 with Heechul, she has no clue where Hangeng is taking her. No idea at all. 6:50 am her doorbell rang.

“Oh, they are 10 minutes early! I wonder why…” Jae-Min panicked as she rushed to answer the door. She was expecting the members of staff who have been with her for the past 3 days but yes they were there at the door standing behind a smiling Hangeng.

“Annyeong haseyo Hangeng oppa,” Jae-Min whispered. She didn’t expect him at all. She probably looked so surprised and unfortunately for her the camera caught her expression.

“Ni hao ma Jae-Min!” Hangeng grinned at her.

“Come in!” Jae-Min smiled ushering him and the crew to come in her apartment.

“You need your passport for today” Hangeng told her.

“Wae? Where are we going?”
“For our date, I’m taking you to China.” Hangeng grinned proudly.

“For real? I’ve never been to China before!” Jae-Min gasped.

“Yes! So go get your passport and then we’ll head to the airport. There’s a plane leaving at 7:20.”

Jae-Min nodded and then she sprinted to her room, followed by a camera, to grab her passport. When she came back downstairs, Hangeng was already waiting by the front door. “Ready?” he smiled.

On the way to the airport, Hangeng and Jae-Min shared stories about themselves; Hangeng sharing stories about his dongsaengs and his Heechul hyung. “Why are we going to China oppa?” Jae-Min asked.

“I want to show you where I grew up and then I’ll cook you some Beijing fried rice.” Hangeng winked.

“Oh the famous Beijing fried rice…” Jae-Min smiled to herself.

She was really excited for this date however she just realized that she doesn’t have any money to pay for a plane ticket. Luckily for her, Hangeng paid for everything and not only that, they are travelling first class going to China and back. On the plane, Jae-Min was enjoying herself asking Hangeng questions like a fan girl about the other Super Junior members. Hangeng didn’t mind this at all. Jae-Min is also enjoying his company as he’s so friendly, easy to talk to and loveable. “Now I know why Heechul oppa loves you so much.“ She thought in her head.

“Has a member ever been mean to you?” Jae-Min asked as she fiddled with her seatbelt. Despite no staff watching their every move, there is a video cam in front of them recording their conversation.

“Not really although Ryeowook and Henry like to do their so called Hangeng impressions when I’m not looking..” Hangeng smiled while shaking his head.

“Oh I think both of them are so overly cute.. Who do you think is cuter?” Jae-Min gushed.

“Don’t ask me that Jae-Jae, I can’t bear to pick whose cuter… although I know that they are both too cute to be bad boys!” Hangeng exclaimed.

“I have to agree on you on that one oppa.” Jae-Min smiled.

She felt so relaxed with Hangeng. They are like 2 best friends going on a trip instead of 2 strangers on a date. The flight to China was 2 hours and 30 minutes. When they finally arrived at Mudanjiang, Heilongjiang in China which is Hangeng’s hometown, he had a big smile plastered on his face. He hasn’t been home in a while and he just can’t wait to see his hometown again.

Hangeng would get the time to see his family but him and his family requested that it shouldn’t be shown on TV so when he goes off to see them, there will be no cameras at all. It was a 15 minute car journey to Mudanjiang from the airport.

“Oppa how do you feel about being China’s prince?” Jae-Min asked.

She looked out the window and she was amazed at the beautiful scenery.

 

“Im happy especially because I know that Heechul is the princess.” Hangeng

 

grinned cheekily. The car slowly stopped in front of Hangeng’s house and he gladly helped Jae-Min out of the car. Staff and a couple of cameras were already set and waiting to follow them around.

“Welcome to my home,” Hangeng smiled warmly keeping hold of Jae-Min’s hand. It was a bit windy and Hangeng’s hand was warm so Jae-Min held on it tight.

“Beautiful house, oppa!” Jae-Min commented.

“Xie-xie, come on let’s go inside and eat. The food on the plane was bad wasn’t it?” Hangeng laughed as he pulled Jae-Min inside the empty house.

Hangeng’s family were in a hotel paid by the producers of the show so that Hangeng and Jae-Min can stay at the house. Hangeng gave Jae-Min a quick tour of the house leaving the kitchen last.

“Now for our food, my Beijing fried rice…” Hangeng grinned proudly as ushered Jae-Min into the kitchen and offering her a seat. He took a big pan out of the cupboards and then started cooking.

“Which member are you looking forward to spend time with?” Hangeng asked as he put some seasoning on his fried rice.

“I’m really looking forward to Siwon oppa and Donghae oppa,” Jae-Min blushed.

“Ah the fish,” Hangeng grinned “Siwon is my brother, my co-worker, my friend and my bank.”

Jae-Min laughed. “Seriously, he’s so rich. I won’t be surprise if he’ll take you to America for your date,” Hangeng mentioned.

 

“I doubt that oppa,” Jae-Min disagreed. Hangeng finally finished cooking and then he happily handed Jae-Min a plate full of it.

“It smells so nice!!” Jae-Min’s mouth watered.

“It tastes nice too,” Hangeng winked.

Jae-Min thanked him and then took a mouthful of the rice. She liked it very much but she forgot that it has just been cooked. She burnt her tongue and Hangeng started laughing when she covered with her hand.

“Sorry, I forgot to say that it was hot.” He chuckled.

Jae-Min laughed too but her cheeks were red. Hangeng quickly gave her a glass of cold water.

“It’s good. Now I understand why the other oppas like your cooking so much.” Jae-Min blushed even more terribly.

“No, they are just lazy to cook themselves so they force me and Ryeowook to cook.” Hangeng laughed.

After they finished eating, Hangeng took her outside to enjoy the scenery around his house. Hangeng saw her shivering and took off his leather jacket and told her to wear it. They spent the whole morning and early afternoon together. At 4pm, Hangeng was allowed to go see his family. He insisted for Jae-Min to come and even though she felt uneasy meeting his parents, she gave in as Hangeng has nothing but been nice to her. A private car drove both of them to a hotel where his family was staying and for the first time throughout the show, there weren’t any cameras at all. Jae-Min thought that Hangeng might just be acting in front of the camera but she was wrong. Even now that the cameras were gone, Hangeng was still the same cheerful and nice person.

Hangeng introduced his parents to Jae-Min and his parents instantly warmed up to her even though they only spoke a little Korean, Jae-Min liked them a lot and vice versa. They only stayed with his parents for an hour because they have the flight back to Korea to catch. Hangeng said a very warm and loving farewell to his parents and Jae-Min felt the love they had for each other and she couldn’t help but feel sorry as they can’t see his each other as much as they want to as Hangeng has his career in Korea. On the way to the airport, Jae-Min broke down in tears. Hangeng was so worried and concerned, he actually thought that he had something wrong to upset her.
“Jae-Jae what’s the matter? Tell me please?” Hangeng asked.

 

“I was just so touched about you and your parents and I think it’s not fair that you don’t get to see them everyday.” Jae-Min blabbered. She was glad that there wasn’t any cameras around to record this.

“I know but I have to be strong,” Hangeng smiled weakly at her.

“I’m sorry,” Jae-Min sniffed. Hangeng took out a handkerchief out of his pocket and then wiped her tears.

“There’s no need to cry,” He crooned. “You know you are so sweet, xie xie.”

Jae-Min looked up at him and smiled.

Back in Korea, Hangeng took Jae-Min home because he thought it’s only fair seeing as he picked her up himself this morning.

 

“I hope you had a good time,” Hangeng told her. They were at Jae-Min’s doorstep with the cameras surrounding them.

 

“I did, I really did oppa, thank you so much.” Jae-Min smiled.

“I’ll see you on Day 15!!” Hangeng exclaimed and then pulled her into a crushing but sweet hug. Jae-Min didn’t hesitate and hugged him back with the same enthusiasm. In her thoughts, he was like the big brother she never had.

Hangeng got back in the car and then waved at her for the last time. When the car was out of sight, Jae-Min walked in her apartment with a smile on her face.

Back in the car, Hangeng spoke about what he thought of her.

“She’s a very sweet girl. I’d love to stay friends with her, I bet Heechul liked her as well didn’t he? She’s really nice and fun, there was no boring moment with her at all. Thank you for picking her. Xie xie!” He smiled at the camera.