Step 4: Be Visible

How To Date A Gangster

 

Step 4: Be Visible

 
 
 
Let them know that you exist. 
 
And when I say them, the gangster and his/her gang and friends. 
 
It doesn’t matter if they didn’t know your name. 
 
Just make sure they remember your face in some way.
 
 
 
Exist in your loved one’s life. Be around almost always.
 
 
 

 

Miyu watched the fighting scene unfolding right in front of her. She gasped, shook her head millions of times and cursed when Teentop get hit and cheered silently almost chanting their names when they score.

As our favorite gang was surrounded by ten men in black suits, they fought really great but sometimes things get ugly when one of the parties decided to play dirty tricks.

When things go too hard for you to beat, sometimes you will decide to go with the way of knives-a wooden leg of furniture that had been useful once, in our case.

One of the loan sharks attempted to whack our precious gangster's head; we just witnessed a rare moment that can be seen on a regular movie. 

Just like how the Man of Steel, Superman, needed the Dark Knight's help to save his .

And now, we have our regular unaware hero in trouble and his peculiar savior.

 

"YAH!!" Unintentionally--like her hands have its own mind--threw her right shoe. Hitting the man right on his face.  Nice shot. 

She gasped, not believing what she had done. *Crap Miyu* She thought as the fighting stopped *you are in a deep trouble* they looked at her with their shocked expressions.

"Uhh. . ." She trailed off, thinking what to say in this situation. "That's unfair!" She pointed at the man with a red shoe mark on his face.

"Backstabbing... uhm, back-whacking... err, head whacking someone is not a fair fight!" She managed to yell at him, wiggling her finger at him accusingly.

The man snapped out of his shock and shook his head. "You'll regret this young lady" He said as he glared at her. 

Then she felt her knees tremble as the man took a step forward towards her. "Ya..yah! Stay right there!"

She took a deep breath forcing a brave-look. "Don't move! I still have my other shoe!" She yelled as she grabbed her Navy blue flats with a black ribbon aiming it at him like it was the most threatening weapon ever.

The man managed a chuckle and started walking towards her.

He smirked evilly but then a strong hand grabbed him by the arm. He look at him, the purple headed gangster. "Stay out of this." He snapped.

“What? Just to remind you old man," L.Joe smirked. "We are the ones whom you are fighting, not that." He pointed out and nodded to Miyu's direction.

"Or the shoe damaged your head a lot huh?" He taunted and snickers from Teentop can be heard.

And with that, L.Joe punched the man in the face.

Looks like we have our third broken nose today.

It might have been a spark to start the fight again as Ricky lifted his right foot to kick another one man.

 

“YOU PUNKS!” A new voice yelled and he stopped midair almost landing on his .

“What the?” Ricky snapped his head towards the direction of the voice and footsteps were heard.

They froze as another group of loan sharks run towards them. Niel cursed under his breath.

“Bail out, guys.” CAP ordered them as he weighed their options, and he chose the not-fight-too-many option.

“Now!” Their leader barked and dodged a punch. He kicked its stomach and the man groaned in pain.

He looked at Chunji and nodded at him. “See ‘ya later.”Chunji mumbled and sprinted in one of the street randomly.

Niel backed Changjo up and run away few seconds after.

“Come on, Mister.” CAP called Ricky. “Let’s get out of here” He said as Ricky threw a fist that landed hard on the opponent’s face. Ricky nodded and looked at his hyung’s direction.

“L.Joe hyung!” He yelled at him.

“Yeah!” L.Joe yelled back as he punched the guy word per word. “Just.this.one.last.crap!” The man with a bloodied face grunted in pain as he fell on his knees, dizzy.

 

He made his move as he saw Ricky and CAP already running but his leader keeping a slower face to check if L.Joe already got away. He and CAP passed a knowing look to each other.

 

He started sprinting off on a different direction.

Just then, something caught his attention. A silent girl who really looks like she’s lost in a middle of a battlefield is standing just beside a post frantically.

 

Not knowing what to do, Miyu snapped her head in different direction and looks around in panic; her arms waving like a host’s hand gestures while saying something, just the shocked and scared version of it.

Her eyes wide and feet glued to ground as she stand there still with her other shoe at her hand.

L.Joe cursed mentally as he run towards her.

Miyu snapped back to reality when she felt a hand holding her wrist, dragging her. She looked at the owner of the hand who is the orange-haired guy.

And damn, he’s gorgeous.

Wind blowing softly making his hair dance as he run. And the sun’s light shining on his flawless skin and his supermodel face.

Boy, did she really got back to reality? Or this is another dream of hers?

Don’t get me wrong, she’s always dreaming, day or night, awake or asleep.

He’s holding her! The love of her life!

Oh man, this IS the reality she wanted.

 

Yeah, right. With some furious pig-faced loan sharks trailing behind.

 

“You know, it is really a bad idea to be caught” He said still looking forward. “So if I were you, I’ll run faster.”

She blinked and shook the thoughts out of her head. She looked behind and saw some men running after them. And that made her pace faster, keeping up with L.Joe.

They ran into streets not caring about the strange looks people are giving them. “

Crowds.” L.Joe mumbled. “Huh?” She looked at him in question.

“We need crowds.” He told her as they run. “We need crowds to lose them”She nodded in understanding even though L.Joe is not looking at her.

Along the way, he knocked off a trash bin to slow the loan sharks. A common sight for a pursuit.

A man cursed them loudly. Miyu’s lips are pressed into a thin line as she abruptly stopped almost yanking L.Joe off his feet.

“What are you doing?” He asked tugging at her arm but stopped as he saw the look on her face.

Glaring at the man who she thinks that cursed, she raised her hand and aimed her other shoe at him.

“Don’t say bad words! Especially in public!” She yelled as she, once again, hit the pig’s eye. I mean, the bull’s eye.

L.Joe looked at her, amused. *Note to self L.Joe. Ask her what she uses for target practice*

 

She then grabbed L.Joe’s hand, now dragging him. “Make the coast clear fellas! We are shooting an action movie!” She yelled at the people while leading L.Joe along the way.

“We won’t lose them like this.” She mumbled. “I told you we need—“ L.Joe started but she cut him off. “Yeah, we need crowds.” His eyebrows raised “That’s what I just said—“

“Yup, but we need more. Not just crowds. They can still see us.” She said. “What do you want? Be invisible—“

“No.” She snapped. “Something more like this.” She told him as she pulled him into an alley real smaller than where they’ve been.

They stopped their catching their breath. “You know I don’t think this will work and—“ L.Joe trailed off. “It will.”

“Well, dude. As much as they look like they are not idiots—“ He started.

“Take off your clothes” She ordered.

He rolled his eyes, obviously irritated. “You know, you should make me finish my—wait, what?” He looked at her with a shocked expression.

“I said take off your clothes.” She told him again with this-is-the-most-normal-thing-you-can-tell-a-guy tone.

Then she started taking her jacket off, revealing a black t-shirt with letters that says ‘one of a kind’.

“Hey. Cool down lady.” L.Joe said as he looked at her weirdly.

“What are you doing? Take your clothes off!” Miyu told him, getting impatient as she started ‘helping’ L.Joe take his sweater off him.

“Miss.” He looked at her with serious eyes. “I know I’m hot but this is not the right time and definitely not the right place.” L.Joe said as he held her shoulders.

“What are you saying?” She asked.

And blushed furiously realizing what he meant. “Not that way!” She managed to say.

L.Joe shrugged. “Well, about the place. . . the alley is good—“

“No!” Once again, she snapped at him. “I mean, just take off your sweater and leave your shirt under or something!” She said looking in every direction but him. “We need to ‘change’ clothes so that they won’t see us. Not THAT.”

“Oh. Okay.” L.Joe did as he told like he hand’t thought anything wrong--or he can just hide it really good--and left a white plain shirt.

She looked at him and yeah, he was hot.

Did I already mentioned that he’s hot? He is.  

She felt her face warming up. As a thought popped out in her head.

“Orange hair” She mumbled. “What?”

“You have an orange hair. We need to cover that up.” She told him as she placed her beanie on his head.

“Good. Now all we have to do is. . .” She trailed off but familiar voiced were heard coming from the loan sharks.

L.Joe instinctively pinned her against the wall using his face to cover hers making it look like they were kissing.

Miyu’s heartbeat raced as she felt his breath on her cheek.

Her eyes looked away not wanting to make any contact on his.

*His beanie. . .* She thought and reached for it, wrapping her arms on his neck and holding his head. Making sure that his beanie won’t fall off and his orange hair won’t exactly show. Sensing that the loan sharks ran pass them as their footsteps and curses where not anywhere near, they immediately stood away from each other awkwardly.

 

“Uhh. . . thanks.” Miyu said breaking the ice. “I mean, for saving me. Or yeah. Just thanks.” L.Joe just nodded.

A beep rang through the silence. L.Joe checked his phone and saw that Ricky is calling. “Ricky?” He asked.

“HYUNG!!!!! HELPPP MEEEE!!” the other line answered.

“Still got a tail?” He asked, not surprised.

“Yeah” Ricky whined and L.Joe almost imagined him nodding while running.

“It thought CAP hyung is with you?” He asked.

“I lost him.” And with that, he rolled his eyes. *he lost CAP but not the loan sharks. Wow.* He thought. “Where are you?”

“HEREEEE!!!!!!” Ricky yelled as they saw his silhouette ran pass them.

He looked at him with raised eyebrows. “I need to go.” He said to Miyu as he saw other loan sharks that is trailing Ricky, nearing them.

“Just go home now and pretend you absolutely no idea what’s going on. Act normal” He told her and ran off.

Yeah L.Joe. Act normal.

Like normal means not having at least a single shoe on your feet.

She pouted.

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 

 

_______________________________________________________

 

Thank you luxicity graphics [click!] for the poster~W