Answered Prayer

How To Date A Gangster

 

“Silly me, thinking about that” Miyu chuckled slightly and shook her head.

She is walking alone considering that her house is only a ten-minute walk away from school. Still walking with her usual blank face, it didn't matter to her that some students or some random people, even from her class walks in her route too.

 

Giggles and loud chitchat with their own circle of friends can be heard from the boys and girls. She just kept a straight face not noticing that she's the only one who is alone.

Well, not that the other people notice her too. She doesn’t have any friends at all. Nobody just seems to see her but the thing is that that doesn’t make her sad.

She is just so used to it.



"Oh crap!" She cussed. She almost fell on a hole that would make her wet and yeah, maybe a laughing stock. *Who the heck leaves an open manhole?* Miyu thought.

Yup, as quiet as she is, she is still an ordinary girl who gets irritated easily and can curse even an innocent non-living thing in her mind. She quickly looked around as if to see whether people saw her little scene but having the benefit of being a wallflower, no one did.

 

Pretending like nothing happened, she walks as she thinks about things that will keep her from remembering the embarassing moment earlier.

And she can only be engrossed on one simple topic. L.Joe. 

 

“Park Miyu” She called herself like a weirdo. Well, if you ask me she is. Crazy.

“You’re really in love with that badass gangster huh?” Smiling, she self while walking along the streets and playing with her favorite treat.

 

“I wish that there is some way to make him fall in love with me.” She whispered, day-dreaming that someday, somehow, L.Joe will love her just as much as she loves him. 

She stopped suddenly and look into the sky “God, can you help me?” you silently prayed. Chuckling at her silliness, she almost skipped all the way to her house.

Well, just to tell you Miyu, our God is good. 

 

 

 

Few blocks from her house, she opened another lollipop to keep busy. Then a package sent from heaven just arrived.

"OWW!" She yelped when something hard fell in her head. Miyu cautiously look to the hard thing that just fell. It is a book. She picked it up. She blinked in confusion... and dizziness.

"Is this God's answer for me? That was fast." Hm. Told ya. 

 

She looked up she could swear that she saw a person who must have dropped the book (intentionally, she guessed) from the balcony of a 3-storey building. “What the??! Can’t you say sorry?!” she yelled at the top of her lungs not caring if she will stand out like a neon color from the background.

Miyu saw the person going inside of the building like nothing happened and hell, she is annoyed. "YAH YAH YAH YAH!"

 

The man (the person's silhoutte looks like a man from her point of view) finally stopped. “Sorry! But I think you’ll thank me later. That’s my gift for you by the way!” The mysterious person said.

She guessed he winked at the last part but she shrugged the thought off.

 

Focusing on what the man (defintely a man, she's sure now because of the voice... unless it's a girl with a very deep voice) said she furrowed her eyebrows. *Huh?* 

Finally realizing that he's talking about the book that he threw at her (intentionally indeed) she examined it for the first time.

 

Miyu mumbled the title. "How to Date a Gangster" She felt her heart go babump!

She quickly looked up to see where’s the mysterious person is wanting to ask what the heck is this and where is the hidden camera, but he’s gone.

 

*So, This is for me?* She thought.  NO, that is for me. Of course Miyu, it's for you like the mystery man said.

She walked on her way deciding she needs something for her head first and the thing that she can see stars on a sunny afternoon makes her shudder.

 

 

 

Miyu slowly placed an ice pack on the swelling lump part of your head. She winced in pain as she does.

Well, thanks to the little ‘miracle’ that happened earlier. Getting hit by a book on the head and from the 3rd floor high oh-for goodness’ sake?

It is definitely not an everyday experience.

 

Speaking of the book, she lazily crawled on herr bed to get the book from the table just beside it. She arranged your pillow and leaned her back on the bed frame. Made herself comfortable, her curious self started to see what is this book all about.

“How To Date A Gangster.” She read its title aloud. "Nice cover huh." She mumbled. 

 

She looked up for a name on the cover to see who is the author of it and maybe it's the mysterious man and that he is just a frustrated writer annoyed with his life and his book so he threw it and her head is just so nice to catch it. But surprisingly, there’s none.

*No author? Maybe it’s on the back of the book* She flipped the book and looked but there’s no name of whosoever written on it. Just some sentences that gives idea what is this book all about. Just like any other novels.

 

 

Do you have some not-so ordinary love problems?

A gangster one to be exact?

Then this is the right book for you!

Full of tips on how will you make a cold, stone-hearted, gangster to fall for you. Just make sure you follow it and you’ll be together in no time!

 

 

She felt your heart skipped a beat. *gangster? It’s L.Joe . . .* But like any other person, she freaked out by these thing and how odd can it get.

She actually thought it was kind of funny because that’s her very situation right now and she just prayed SILENTLY. Just a whisper.

 

But it's not like it is not on purpose that she have this book like it is destined. But on the back of her head, she knew that this is not just a coincidence. And she doesn't know when the time comes, if she ever met the mysterious man again, she will thank him. 

 

She inspected the book some more and noticed something very weird. *No price? Or even a barcode?* Why did she even bother to look for it? I don't know.

Well, I usually just look at a book's price tag or something if I want to buy it and if I don't have money, I'll calculate how many weeks I need to save up and... yeah, you get the point.

 

Anyway, Back to the story. She opened it and saw that some details that a novel or even textbooks have are missing. “Who wrote something that doesn’t even put their names or things on it?" She said, confused.

 

Wanting to just shrug those stuffs off, she readied herself for bed. But the thing is, she can't. Well, this is one-of-kind thing and maybe, just maybe, by using it Miyu can finally get her gangster's heart.

If opprtunity knock on your door... wait, let me rephrase it. When opportunity fall from a three-storey house and whacked your head, you better grab it.
 

And as if she can hear me narrating her story and talking about those opportunity-whack-grab stuff, she took a deep breath decided to give this thing a try.

"I will lose nothing right? This is worth a try I guess." She said wanting to see if it really works.

 

 

“So, I will really make THE L.JOE fall for me?” She mumbled as uncertainly as she continued to read. Yes Miyu you will. I am very trustworthy you know?


 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------