Prologue

How To Date A Gangster

4/24/2014 - Edited

 

Miyu got up from the seat where she sat beside him, her new friend wearing a different uniform from hers. A student from the nearby school perhaps. She looked at him with a contended smile.

She is really pleased to see that she kind of helped him by accidentally placing the book on his bag. She wasn't even thinking when that happened. It was when the annoying hair color jerk tried to snatch it away from her.

And now, she helped him again.

 

Well, maybe we can say it as a payback. It was somewhat her fault that he is stuck at a certain step. But hey, the annoying jerk is red-handed on this one too.

 

“Thanks. Really.” That person smiled with gratitude. She smiled back and bid goodbye.

Yes, that was the guy that got the book after Miyu. It was written that she needs to hand it over. That time she doesn't know to whom she will give it to. But somehow, the book found a way. She can't even believe how she got that book though. Man, it was so clear in her memories. Who will forget the day when the heavens whack your head?

Nope, not her. She chuckled and unknowingly rubbed the same spot on her head. 

 

 

Feeling a great happiness within her, she forgot that jerk is already 30 minutes late. She just walked away from the park while humming a tune. Some weird tune.

 

 

“Yah, Park Miyu!” She stopped as she heard someone called her name.

That’s the voice that makes her heart do multiple summersaults. She felt a hand grabbed her thin wrist before she bumped into a familiar warm chest. Seconds after, strong arms were wrapped around her.

“Yah! Where do you think you are going? I told you to wait for me at the park.” He said with a frown on his face.

Well mister, for your information she waited there for too long.

 

Miyu tilted her head up and glared at him, “You’re late, freaking late.” Irritated, she tried to get off from his grip. “You said we will meet at 5. But what time is it now Lee Byunghyun? It’s almost 6!” 

Then he pouted. Yup, L.Joe pouted and oh ho ho ho, she melted. “Sorry babe~ Oppa got something to do for my college application~”


She blinked not believing what she just heard. He said what?

“You are going to college?” He chuckled at her precious girl’s reaction. “Yes, babe. At the university you wanted.”

 

Upon hearing that, Miyu gleefully jumped into his arms as if he wasn't already hugging him. “WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Really? As in really really reeallllllyyyy for REAL?!” She stared at him with her cute large eyes.


He laughed and nodded. “Yup. I swear to lollipops.”

Her eyes widened. He swore to lollipops. MY GAHD. No one swears to lollipops. Let me tell you something folks, using lollipop for promising is fatal. . . very fatal-well, for Miyu that is.

“Promising in the name of lollipops is more than serious. So you really are going to college.” She said in a serious tone.

He raised his eyebrows at her. “I know you are kinda slow… but how many times will I tell you?”

 

“Well, here’s the fact. I can’t believe you are going to college. I mean, you didn’t want to!" She gushed.  "I’m just surprised okay? But, what’s with the sudden change of decision?”
 


Then he smiled warmly. Gosh. She can just go evaporate right at this moment.

He stared lovingly at her eyes. “I realized that I will be a useless husband of yours if I don’t.”

*Hu… husband?* Miyu blushed. “I thought about our future. You know, me and you… a family. And it will be like hell if I don’t go finish college and find a stable, decent job.” He said as he curled Miyu’s hair behind her ear. She just blinked not responding.

 

Seeing her, L.Joe faked a shocked expression. “W..wait. You don’t want to be the future mother of my twelve kids?!!”

 

*What the heck?* She thought as she yelled at him. “Twelve? Do I look like I’m a freaking pig?” L.Joe looked at Miyu with serious eyes. “Now that you mentioned it…”

 

“YAH!” L.Joe’s soft chuckle stopped Miyu’s rage of fury. “I’m just joking! Geez. I’m the hottest gangster in town so why would I choose a pig?” He smirked. “Of course I will choose the fairest of them all, and here she is now” Miyu blushed at the comment.

 

 L.Joe hugged his beloved girlfriend and just happily sighed. “Don’t underestimate yourself Miyu because you melted my ice-cold heart.” She smiled and hugged him back. “I love you, you know that. Right jerk?” He just smiled and nodded.

“Hmmm. And I love you more lollipop-freak.”

 

 

*I’m really glad that I found the book. Or else I wouldn’t have stood up and let L.Joe know about my long-kept feelings for him.* Miyu thought as she remembered those times when she is still the wallflower-hidden-fangirl.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“But seriously, you don’t want twelve kids? How about thirteen? Or maybe twenty four? Since a pack of lollipop consist of 24 pieces, they can have one each.”

 

 

“YAH! LEE BYUNGHYUN!”

 

 

_________________________________________________________