Chapter 24

How SM Town Changes One's Life

-3rd person’s pov-

Lay, worried, his eyes roaming around searching for something, he’s fidgeting with his feet, Kris, as smart as usual understood what was happening and texted each member to tell them to leave when the next pause comes. Feeling their phones vibrating, the boys pulled out their phones one by one secretly and read the message.

 

Luhan, Suho and Xiumin nodded.

 

“Okay gege!” mouthed Tao. “Yay~” quietly cheered Sehun and Baekhyun. Chen and D.O high-fived. Kai smirked to Chanyeol who smirked back.

 

“Next number is 48-” Lee Hyunwoo, the MC was cut by Chanyeol leaning his head real close to his face.

A few surprised gasps could be heard from the audience.

“Is Chanyeol oppa kissing him? Is he gay? Is he doing drugs?” Those kind of questions were asked here and there in the crowd.

“Listen to me carefully! We’re having an emergency so we have to leave right now. Now, cover us up nicely or I’ll kiss you like a mad girl!” Whispered Chanyeol smirking to Hyunwoo. The latter smirked back and hissed playfully: “ I’ve been waiting for our first kiss for so long~!” Chanyeol leaned in, his lips almost touching Hyunwoo’s. Hyunwoo leaned back right away widening his eyes. “Okay, okay! Just don’t do that again! Yuck!” He made a disgusted face. Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “I’d rather kiss a mad cow!” He hissed before turning back to his friends and signalling them to stand up. Lay stood up first, he did it in such a fast motion that he actually caused his chair to fall. The rest of the boys stood up while the fans were wondering what was happening when suddenly… “WE ARE ONE! WE ARE EXO!” Exo faded behind the stage.

“Dear fans, EXO has to go for an urgent schedule.” Hyunwoo said and the fans suddenly went crazy, they started screaming and shouting and throwing things until Hyunwoo said: “They’re preparing you guys a big surprise~” in a tempting voice snickering back at Chanyeol who mouthed him all kind of cusses. Hyunwoo mehronged him and chuckled looking back at the happy crowd. ‘You saved it Hyunwoo! You’re jjang’ He thought grinning to himself.

-Backstage-

The maknaes Tao and Sehun were running to the backdoor followed by Chanyeol, D.O, Chen, Kai, Baekhyun, Xiumin.

Suho, Lay, Kris, Luhan were trailing from behind likely planning something.

“I’ll call her mom, Luhan call Taemin, Suho hyung take the maknaes home. Kris look for her  at the restaurant, Chanyeol since you’re so hyper today go look for her with  the rest in the company!” demanded Lay quickening his pace as they got out of the back door.

All of them nodded while the maknaes whined earning a smack on the head from their leader.

“This is not time for discussing!” Xiumin said crossing his arms and nodding.

“Fine~” They growled and followed Suho to grab a taxi.

-On the phone-

Lay: Omonim! Is Beis there? She wasn’t at the fan meeting and she’s not answering her phone.

Beis’ mom: Ani! There was a man that came searching for her, she went out with him.

Lay: WHAT?! A man? Do you know who it was? /freaking out

Beis’ mom: I don’t quite remember his name, I think it was Lee Si mon or something like that.

Lay: LEE SO MAN? O.O

Beis’ mom: Yes, yes! That was his name. He said he wanted to talk with her about something so they left together.

Lay: Do you know where they went? Or what they were going to be talking about?

Beis’ mom: No. But my daughter was quite nervous.

Lay: Alright, thanks!

Lay hung up. Just then he received a call from Luhan.

-On the phone-

Lay: Eo, Luhan! What did Taemin say?

Luhan: He said that he saw Beis and Lee So Man hyung entering his office. And I called Chanyeol, he said she’s not in the company, I’m going over there to find out what they talked about, you keep on searching for her.

Lay: Thanks man!

Luhan hung up and drove over to the company. Right when he arrived there he received a call. He scrolled his finger on the screen answering: “Eo! Seohyun-ah! What’s up?”

“Meet me up on the first floor oppa!” said Seohyun. Luhan hung up and ran to the elevator and pushed the first floor button. Just as the elevator’s door opened, he saw Seohyun there. “Luhan oppa! Lee So Man asked Beis to break up with Lay or he will put an end to his career. After hearing this Beis ran out crying!”

“So he found out that they got back together!” Sighed Luhan.

“He even found out that they are getting married! That’s what Victoria noona told me!” panted Kai running over with Chanyeol.

“What? How...” Luhan questioned then he looked over Chanyeol’s shoulder to see that only he and Kai came back. “Where are the others?” He asked widening his eyes.

“They went to tell Suho hyung and the maknaes so we could all meet with Lee So Man and sort it out our way!” smirked Chanyeol.

Luhan grinned and taped Chanyeol and Kai’s shoulders. “Great team work guys!”

“So are we gonna stay here or are you guys gonna wait with Soshi unnies in the practise room?” suggested Seohyun.

“We’d be thankful Seohyun-ah~” said Luhan walking by Seohyun’s side as Kai and Chanyeol followed from behind whispering.

“I’m telling you those two are our company’s next company!” chuckled Chanyeol at Kai’s words.

“I heard that Jongin-ah!” snickered Luhan at Kai.

“Sorry hyung!” apologized Kai looking down while Chanyeol laughed at him.

-Meanwhile-

-Lay’s pov-

You’ve got a message~

‘Who could this be? I hope it’s Beis!’ I thought unlocking the screen. And read the message:

“-Krease-

She’s not at the restaurant!”

‘URGH!! Where could she be? Think Yixing, think!’ Just then I clicked my fingers together beaming. “THE PARK OF COURSE!” I smacked my head for not thinking of that sooner and drove to the park Beis goes to usually for a walk or just because she wants to see jasmines, her favourite flowers.

I entered the park walking in a fast pace after parking the car and started looking around for her. ‘I hope she’s here because I have no idea where else she could be!’ I thought as I turned around and saw a girl sitting by the big tree sighing and wiping her tears.

“BEIS!” I beamed and ran to her bending down to her and hugged her. “Yixing-ah~” she said in a shaking voice and hugged me tightly. “Shhh… Are you alright?” I asked while patting her head gently. “Lee … So Man… He said he’s going to end up your career if I don’t… break up with you… Shireo! I don’t… want to break up with you!” She managed to say in between sobs. She was trembling. I frowned then softened hearing her last words and pulled out of the hug and laid my back to the tree and picked her up sitting her on my lap and wrapped my arms around her pulling her closer to me and wiped her fresh tears. “Don’t be scared! Nothing will tear us apart again. I won’t let it happen. We promised, remember?” I looked sincerely into her chocolate brown eyes. She nodded calming down a bit. “We will never be apart again!” she smiled a little, but then that beautiful smile of hers dropped and tears started forming in her eyes again. “Waeyo?” I looked at her worriedly.

“What about your career, Yixing? What if you get fired? What if you can’t be in Exo and Exo-M anymore? What if you’re taken away from your members, your bestfriends?” She cried.