Only I Didn't Know

Bonjour Mademoiselle...?

"Cough! Anyone's there? Mom! Dad! Noona... Please... I can't breathe... I don't want to die..." The boy struggled to crawl in the middle of ignited wildfire which started to occupy every space of the music room. It was burning, the heat wasn't possible to endure anymore. That teenage boy was panting as majority of the oxygen got replaced by thick monochrome smoke, he reached out his hand desperately to grab the door's handle, however, unexpectedly a wooden pillar collapsed from its place, slamming over the poor boy thin arm. "Ahh!" He screamed out with the sudden painful crack on his limb, but gradually that pain faded away as he couldn't felt it anymore, it won't moving even for just a slight. "N-no... Please get me out of here... I'm scared..."

He was sneaking inside the building about an hour ago to practicing his piano skill, since his father couldn't afford to buy him that expensive instrument even after years he played it, so he had to practice in his music school secretively from his parents every night, he couldn't drive to sleep if he hadn't feel those fingers dancing on their own, right away when he placed them on the black and white keys. While he enjoyed the music flowed out constantly into his ears, he didn't notice the smoke starting to infiltrate from the door's slit. Unfortunately he just realized that after the fire already blocked the way outside. 

He was slowly losing conciousness, hid eyelids began to dropped weakly, with only scarlet blurred with grey shade on his narrowed sight. "Don't die yet!" He felt someone pulled his body and carried him on the back as the person running through the fire so quickly and finally reached outside to met the emergency team. "Hurry! The oxygen!" The weak boy could vaguely heard those people voices and put a mask onto his face. His chest contracted up and down forcefully to gain more of the compound. "Where's my friend! Where is he!" Then he heard someone was exclaiming in dismay, but his stagnate body was already slided inside the ambulance.

---

Kyuhyun was sitting on the mahogany bench as his fingers skillfully moved all along with his gaze focused on the music sheet. Sweats started to bead on his forehead as he fell deeper into the melody. His lips slightly parted, eyes were no longer staring on the notes as he shutted them to felt his heart beating thoroughly with the rhythm. He could feel those emotion circulating inside his veins, most likely an ecstasy for his tensed nerves. He slammed his fingers down to form a heavy-sounded chord that finally closed the entire song almost perfectly. The brunette bent his slender neck down, hair sticking onto his wet, sweaty cheeks. He wiped them away with his forearm and stood up to pick the water bottle he prepared already. His chin tilted up while his hand squeezed the liquid out to relieved his thirst.

"You are still nervous, it was out of tempo." Sungmin stepped closer to the rehearsal stage, bringing a towel to absorb those beads of sweat on the younger male's face. "Yeah... It's just three days left, but I don't know... Whether I'm ready or not." He smiled and took the pink towel from the other boy, patted the drops which started to slid down to his neck. "Kyu... Please be confident, you just need to calm yourself a bit. You've played nicely enough, I think the audience won't notice those small mistakes."

The arrogant boy rested his palm on his waist and sighed. "Nice was not my level, you know I'm beyond amazing." He ruffled the smaller male's dark hair and walked out from the still in progress of decorating concert hall. "Tsk, now I'm confused whether he's lacking of confidence or not." Sungmin uttered before following the boy in white shirt out.

"Where should we eat now... Hey bunny! Suggest a nice restaurant, I'm gonna pay the bill this time." He said with that usual bratty voice, yet contrary offering a treat for the older boy. "What's got into your head? Are you sick?" Sungmin placed his hand on that boy broad forehead, which of course immediately shoved away. "Aish... What's wrong with me suddenly being nice? I was always kind to you this time around right?" He hissed and looking away from the bunny who appeared to enjoy so much teasing that brat. "Okay! I know a deli~cious! Restaurant, follow me!" He pulled Kyu's arm and lead him to a cutely designed interior bistro. "What is this place? It doesn't sound tasty... The rainbow pony? What's this childish place... Yah, look inside, there are only kindergarteners eating pancakes. Let's go somewhere else!" He averted from that spot while commanded with his finger for the other boy to join him. "Geez, you were the one who told me to choose..." Ming was still complaining during their way to Kyuhyun's desired resto. 

"Hey Kyu! Isn't this place look a bit expensive? I doubt you have that much money." The shorter boy whispered close to Kyu's ear, but that boy won't listening, as always. "Just shut up if you're hungry." They reserved a seat and sitting down near the window on the second floor of the restaurant. "So order anything you want." Kyu leaned back and crossed his legs, again, like a boss. While Sungmin began to wonder if the boy really had that much cash.

"Hmm what should I eat for today..." The cute boy browsed on the menu thoroughly, as the mouth-watering images of food distract him from choosing. "Do you enjoy European food?" Then someone abruptly asking that question, causing Minnie who was spacing out to answer spontaneously. "Of course I am!" He then realized that it wasn't Kyuhyun who said that, otherwise the boy's eyes widened, staring at the person who just came into the restaurant moment ago.

"Kyuhyun?" Siwon said as he saw the familiar brunette and his usual company. "Kyu-hyun..." The other person who came along with siwon stuttered as he saw the boy's face again, but he immediately looking away as he remembered that Kyu didn't want to see him again. "Minnie, let's eat elsewhere," Kyu stood up suddenly and pulled the confused boy away from the table. "B-but, I want to eat here, what's wrong with you?" He shoved the younger male grasping hand and looking back to Siwon and Leeteuk. "The view isn't good here, let's move somewhere else..." The brunette sarcastically answered as the tallest male shocked in surprise then glancing at his boyfriend saddened expression. He was totally pissed off, hearing that statement from his beloved junior, which he awared well that he was addressing it for the blonde beside him. Impatiently, the male who wore a neat, fancy suit walked onto the youngest boy there and dragged him furiously from the restaurant. "Hyung! You don't know anything about him yet right? Just let me go!" Kyuhyun was struggling to release himself from the stronger male's grip, but he failed just there. His words just tighten the grips on his wrist until it was hurt.

Sungmin and Leeteuk were surprised by the sudden commotion and trying to stop the angered male. Leeteuk himself, never witnessed that gentle face got raged like that. "Si-siwon, please calm down." He used his own body, spreading out his arms widely to prevent the further movement of those guys. "Move away Jungsoo..." Siwon called the male's real name, which mean he was being serious this time. "I said move! Don't you understand!" He yelled at the older male without thinking, he never did that before toward that certain person. "I won't! If you really want to hit him... Just hit me then!" Leeteuk cried his heart out, causing his chest to throbbed. He didn't want to see both of them fighting because of him, if one of them got hurt, then, it was his fault. He was the one who starting all of this chaos. 

His chest got heavy afterward as the distresses began to affecting his nerves. It was uncontrollably beating as he found it was harder to breathe already. "Si-won..." He stammered before collapsing down onto the ground, losing his consciousness. "Teukie!" Siwon and Kyuhyun rushed to the fainted male immediately. "Please wake up... Call the ambulance please!" Siwon asked the nervous waiter who was standing there and confused with the sudden incidence. "I already contacted them!" Sungmin said while running toward the blonde male. "Move away you stupid guys!" The small boy kneeled and placed both of his hand on Leeteuk's sternal area, powerfully striked down his palms to resuscitate the male's heart. He then observed the airway and inhaled deeply with his mouth before blew out the air in a single second. He continuosly repeating those steps until the ambulance arrived at the place.

---

"Glad it wasn't that severe... And he was okay." Sungmin huffed in relief, as the doctor who treated Leeteuk confirm that he was alright, thanks to the bunny thoughtful action for doing the first aid. "Thank you Sungmin-sshi... I'm sorry for being so useless. At that time, my mind went blank as I saw him fainting like that, I was so panicked, and afraid to lose him..." Kyuhyun was passively listening to their conversation. Actually he experienced the same way as Siwon did. Except... After that, he really hated himself. He recognized... He finally recalled something that was happening on that day.

"Teukie! Where's my friend!" A young male cried anxiously after the fire finally burnt everything into ashes. "He was still inside! He was trying to look for someone else and left out! Please help him!" Heechul yelled while shaking the paramedics shoulders. "Please stay calm, we've already observed inside the building, but there were no one's left, these two managed to evacuate themselves from the fire." The trembling male suddenly dropped on his knees as he noticed that his precious non blood-related brother was one of them who already lying inside the ambulance bed. "Thanks God, you did exist... Thanks for saving my Jungsoo..." He mumbled gratefully despite being an atheist himself.

"Teukie...? Jungsoo...?" The young Kyuhyun repeated that name in his mind. The name he shouldn't forget after this, the name of a person who saved his life from that monstrous wildfire. The name of a person he debt a soul, and must be paid for the rest of his life. However he couldn't remember a thing on the next day.

----

"He was so afraid of losing someone... You know, we had no relatives ever since we were born." Heechul was sitting next to Kyuhyun whose eyes already swollen red because of tearing up. "Hey brat! You're going to listen to my story or crying!" The pretty male screamed as usual but the nurse immediately told him to lowered his voice since it was a hospital. "I-I... I deserved to die... Saying that he was disgusting... Yet he was the one who saved my life..." He continued to sobbing, really pissed off the other male but what could he do when someone was crying like that. "Geez you deserved to... But Teukie wouldn't want that. He was that stupidly kind." Heechul sighed and chuckled to that friend overly generous personality, "At that time... We had no money and trying to find a job anywhere. Unfortunately, when we were working as night shift cleaning services on that academy, the accident happened, stupid electricity..." Heechul cursed the cause of that fire before continuing his story. "I was running together with him to reach outside, but he abruptly stopped and turn his way as he heard a boy's calling out for help. So it was your voice afterall... Do you think human would do something like that? He was an angel you know!" The dark haired male emphasized his words.

"He had a weak body since we were littlle, that's why I was being overprotective to him. I don't want him to get hurt, but he was  the kind of being who attracted lot of troubles himself." Kyuhyun smiled and nodded, couldn't agree more with the older male's word. "He was so afraid that you would leave his side if he reject, that's why he accepted your feelings like that. Yeah he was wrong of course, but didn't I tell you that he was such a moron? He loved you so much like his long lost little brother, maybe it was a kind of bond you two developed together after almost facing the death together, though both of you didn't recognize each other when you met again right?" Heechul winked at the boy, and Kyuhyun cheeks was turning red. "My brother... My hyung..." He smiled and scratching his head nervously.

"Kyu..." Siwon suddenly interrupted between those two conversation. "He wanted to see you." The taller male curved his lips and motioned that junior of him to follow. Kyuhyun was halting his step before entering the room, actually he was really embarrased with himself, how could he faced the blonde after everything he said. "What are you waiting for?" Siwon dragged him inside the room with Sungmin, Hangeng, and Leeteuk, who was lying on the bed. "Kyuhyun?" He smiled and told the shy male to come closer. "Are you still mad at me?" He asked after Kyu wasn't talking anything yet. "I'm so-" He was about to apologize again to the brunette but Kyuhyun disrupted. "I was the one who should being sorry! Please don't be too generous toward me!" He bent his back ninety degrees to apologize, and suddenly a soothing warm hand touched his delicate locks. "We've made mistakes right? My lovely childish brother." Leeteuk chuckled and pinched the younger male's cheek as he lifted up his face again. "That's why he called kyubrat." Sungmin smirked, feeling so satisfied to saw Kyu's embarrassed expression. "Yah shut up you rabbit!" Then everyone laughed at those two childish behaviour.

---

"Siwon-hyung, let's talk outside for a while." Kyuhyun tapped the taller male's shoulder after they left the patient's room since Leeteuk need to rest. They walked to the garden of the hospital, sitting together on the couch while staring calmly at the blue, sunny sky. "I understood... You had a reason to be pissed off." Siwon broke the silent, starting the conversation first. "I was also furious when he confessed that, he was playing behind my back. I felt betrayed and mad, but... How was I supposed to be angry at someone like him. My arms moved by themselves to embrace his sobbing features, he was that fragile and I was so afraid that he would crushed down if I ever let him go. As I saw his face, I realized he was terribly regretting his mistake. Well human wasn't perfect either." The handsome CEO turned to Kyuhyun and ruffled that boy's hair. "You were not grown up yet Kyu, try to be wiser next time." He laughed after witnessing that boy pissed off expression again. "Yeah... Maybe I need to see everything in different perspectives." Kyuhyun grinned and punched the other male broad chest. "Hyung, while this brat learning to be wise, I will leave Teukie-hyung's care in your arms, but promise me! You won't left him alone again, otherwise I'll conduct my most evilish plan to kill you!" That brat smiled widely, showing that pearly white teeth of him. While Siwon sighed, that boy would never grown up, he thought in his mind.

"Thanks for trusting in me, I'll protect him with everything I've got."

---

Finally after typing with sleepy eyes, I finished this Looong unusual update! Ahhh it was so depressing! Actually I want to end this story in 25 chapter, but it would be too damn long. So I had to split the next story to be the epilogue... No... My 25 chapters... 26 was not that... You know multiplication of 5 always great but... *being obsessive-compulsive. You could check that my previous stories also had 5 and 15 chapters... But this one... Ah no!! Should I combined two chapter into one! Sorry for this rambling... 

Next one would be the epilogue, of course Kyu's recital! What will happen to our brat? Let's read together hehe

don't forget to leave a comment or subscribe if you haven't since I've update quickly and loooooong lolz *pleaded with Ming's eyes!

especially for silent readers, if you have time please comment also ^^ thanks for staying with me until the end, I hope this plot satisfied you enough

Love you :***