Conquest 3 Act 1

The World Key Only Knows

 

I really wasn’t in the mood to see the conquest right now, so I left the library.

Sulli chased after me.

 “Come on, it’s a new quest! Let’s start at this instant!” She jumped excitedly.

 

“Not now Sulli, I’m tired,” I whined to her. My body was still recovering from Jonghyun’s hits. My muscles were incredibly sore.

 

“He told me to come back tomorrow, after school. I don’t know why he asked me of such a request, but let’s see him then if you want,” the demon reasoned out.

 

I tiredly sighed, however nodded to what she said.

The following day, we went to the library and we saw him lugging a heavy cart full of books towards me and Sulli. He halted in front of us.

 

“Books with fire trucks in them …This is all 458 books.” He pointed anxiously at the pushcart.

 

Sulli squealed, and happily browsed through the books as the young man explained a few.

“This one has fire trucks as the theme of the book; this has a fire truck on the cover. And this one is about a detective named Nezu with a story of a burning house.” His voice was sort of deep and husky. He pointed at the stories he had just explained.

 

I picked up a novel. “Hmm…This school’s library has a big range of search items,” I commented.

 

He stared at me, furrowing his eyebrows. Inching closer to me, his face reddened. The librarian twitched a bit, fidgeting uncomfortably and tightening his grip on the book he was holding. A dark aura suddenly washed over him, and he speechlessly walked away back to his desk.

 

“How odd…” I mumbled. “Seems like he doesn’t talk much,” Sulli noticed.

 

I looked at him flip open his paperback, and his quiet disposition suddenly became friendlier. The guy smiled, engrossed in his reading.

 

“He seems like a good person,” I told Sulli.

 

“He just looks sort of handsome in my eyes, not much to him...I think this’ll be another difficult one…” She worriedly said.

 

“By the way, what are you studying? Aren’t you supposed to be learning about common sense?” I raised an eyebrow, and curiously glanced at what was in her hands.

 

The devil ignored my question, and I face-palmed when I saw the fire truck.

 

 

Now, it was time to take a little action.

Since this conquest felt a little like Taemin’s, I did some research on him for a day or two.

 

His name was Choi Minho and he was in my grade. I snooped around, but I couldn’t find any information on his specific personality.

 

“Sounds like this’ll be hard. How will you capture his heart ?” Sulli had asked while walking with me. We were heading back to the library to check up on the guy.

 

“Well, me being how almighty I am, I’ve heard about people like him. They like to hide their inner thoughts and think, or stress, about them a lot. They are more intelligent, modest, charismatic, and honest than the average shy person. We just need to find out what he is thinking on the inside.” I proudly announced what I knew to Sulli.

 

“How?” She tilted her head in interest.

 

“I’m not sure, that’s why we are going back to see what we can do.”

 

We arrive back at the place, and I spot Minho putting away some books that were resting on a shelf.

I see him place the novels in a cardboard box sitting next too his feet.

 

I stride over to him.

 

I nervously go behind him, and he stumbles at the tip of my shoe while backing up a bit. He trips and lands on my chest, and I catch the book he was taking off the shelf.

 

His doe eyes look up at me, and I avert my face to the side, flustered. Minho gets away from me, and I look at the book in my hands.

 

“This is one of the disposal books…” I stare at the dusty cover.

 

My fingers put the aged manual inside the box. Minho goes back to face me, twiddling his thumbs. His eyes glance at the study novel in his hands. I look at him awkwardly move his head up to directly see my face.

 

“Ka-kamsahamnida,” He bowed 90 degrees.

I restrained a chuckle from his over-politeness. He realized he was being too formal also, and he hit his forehead with his book. Ashamed, Minho went back to his cardboard box which was resting on a pushcart.

 

He slowly began to move away when a spark hit me.


”But you know…”books” we don’t need them anymore.”

He stopped walking.

 

“Books just take up space! The internet already has everything,” I continue.

 

He swivels his body towards me, and his eyes are lit. His fists are tightly clenched.

I wait for something to happen, but the flame inside his eyes cool down, and his face becomes a light pink. Minho turns back around, and heads back to his cart.

“The smell of the paper, the thickness, its sense of touch…Even though all of this creates the world,” I see him look back at me when he hears my voice.

“If you just scan everything and transfer them to the computer, you can just throw away books.”

The librarian angrily stomps in front of me, his tall interior cowering over me.

His face is a very red, and his eyes are bright. He wrinkles his face and opens his mouth.

“P-Pabo!”

Minho’s faint scream was almost in-audible, but I understood it.

He looked at me with wide eyes, and realized what he just said to me.

His mouth hung open, and no words came out of it.

The guy ended up slowly moving a distance away from me, getting to his cart, and strolling away.

 

Sulli popped up next to me.

 “If you tell a person who loves books something like that, obviously he’d get angry! This happened with Jonghyun too. Why do you want to start a fight? Minho seemed nice, what you did was unnecessary,” She complained.

 

“At least I started a monologue,” I told her.

 

“Monologue?”

“Minho is a quiet person. To hear his heart, I have to suppress some emotion inside him to get him to talk. It’ll help us get closer to each other,” I explain.

“How do you know so much about how to do things like this? Dating and getting people’s hearts?” Sulli questioned.

 

“Experience.”

 

--

A/N: Hey guys I'm back with a lazily revised and, once again, confusing chapter. Yay. This one was hard to do okay because I can't voice out Minho's thoughts because this is in Key's p.o.v. So hopefully the next one is better. Oh and I'm telling you this story is going to be short, only up to maybe 20 chapters. I'll probably write a real-life sequel to this though. 

Here are 3 gifs to show you I really am sorry for taking so long and giving you such a badly written chapter: 

 

Guys these gifs explains my feelings for all the subbers who actually like this story. Thanks for supporting me and don't forget to comment~ 

(shamless self-advertisement: check out my tumblr: kominam.tumblr.com)