Conquest 2 Final Act

The World Key Only Knows

 

 

“Use a louder voice and maybe he’ll hear us! The fans are already here, someone find him already! Where’s the manager? Ask his friends where he might be!”

Shouts were heard everywhere, and Sulli was drowning in concern.

 

“He looked fine when he left, has he returned to his almost invincible self?!? I thought everything was going well!” She paced around anxiously.

 

“Calm down, the plan is going perfectly, what we have to do now is find that Dino.” I told her.

“But how can we do that if he turned see-through!?? And this place is huge, he could be anywhere!” Sulli complained.

 

“First let’s at least try looking around.”

She nodded, and began to fly around while I searched for the singer on the ground.

 

“Jonghyun, Jonghyun!” We yelled, hoping to gain any response.

 

It was getting dark, and me and Sulli were worn-out after an hour. I sat down on a bench for a break; we where on a walkway bridge and lamp lights were already being lit in our surroundings.

 

“Ughh~ he’s nowhere,” She sighed.

 

“If we don’t find him before the concert, I don’t know if we have a good chance of catching his heart then. How do we find a person we can’t see?” My brain tried hard to imagine where the guy was.

 

“Oh! Key, I completely forgot about my spirit detector! We can still sense him around with my clip, even if Jjong is transparent!” She excitedly said to me.

 

“Aish~ Sulli you just wasted a lot of time,” I whined.

 

“We even have the information on his loose soul in my detector, let’s seek for him again,” Sulli eagerly went on, tapping her important accessory.

 

The devil hopped a bit. “Oh, it’s beeping…He’s near…” Sulli wandered off a little.

 

I turned my head when I noticed some loud cries to my side. “Jonghyun?!?!” I jumped

 

He sadly bounced at my voice, moping on the bench next to me.

 

“K-key?” He creased his eyebrows in confusion and shock.

 

“What are you doing?!? Today is you’re big concert right?” I crossed my arms.

 

“Y-yes b-but...” He stuttered out, shuffling his feet nervously.

 

“Are you still afraid to be un-noticed? When you become an idol, you hope that people will start seeing you…But you always feel un-easy…If you don’t get the attention or get praised, the “transparency” feeling will appear, right?” I say his problem out loud, hoping it is correct. 

 

“Yeah, that’s right! You know everything about me Key!” He got up from his seat earnestly, full of relief.

 

“W-well it was just a coincidence that I was able to figure it out…” Jonghyun suddenly charged at me, and hugged my frame tightly.

 

“Please be with me forever! Give me courage, watch me! It’ll be impossible to try to get praises from others…I’m going to fail this time…But if Key supports me…”

 

He wrapped his arms tighter around my collar, and I blushed from the closeness of our faces.

 

“If you support me…” Jonghyun repeated, whispering this time with his head moving closer.

 

“No! Mehrong~” I denied his kiss, sticking out my tongue.

 

“Eh? Mehrong???” He gave me a questionable and upset expression.

 

“Are you accepting what people say? Don’t you have a resolution??? If you keep being so insecure and dependant, you’ll be invisible forever!” I put my hands on his shoulders and pushed him back.

 

“You-your songs…they are really amazing…” I squeezed him firmer.

 

“But you can’t always entrust your talent on others! You have to use your own power and shine!” My advice hit his ears, and he fidgeted.

 

Jonghyun’s eyes got watery, and he sniffled. “I…I can’t use my own power…It’s not possible to be able to do this alone…” His manly psychotic façade crumbled, and I chuckled.

 

“Your power to shine alone is already inside you,” I tell him.

 

He looks at me in disbelief, but he spontaneously understood when he heard a loud cheer from his fans in the distance. “Jonghyun! Jonghyun! Jonghyun!” Many cries came out from the stadium that was some length away.

 

“When night comes, your fans are already there to help you, and you have to use your authority to obey their heartening calls. I can’t be the only one to be there for you…I can’t have you all to myself.” Jonghyun’s face was full of realization and liberation.

 

I released my arms to my side, and he smiled. “Even though I was always in my prime singing with determination, I never thought it was my own strength I was using, not someone else’s.” He approached me, without a scary aura around him.

 

“Goodbye Key.”

 

His lips touched mine, and I reddened from the suddenness.

 

“The spirit is captured…” I heard Sulli mumble in the back.

 

As with Taemin, Jonghyun lost all his memory of us ever being together.

 

At the performance, Jonghyun was remarkable, and he sang with more confidence than I ever previously witnessed.

“Jjong…Jonghyun is astounding…He’s shining so bright right now…” Sulli had told me in the audience of the concert.

 

“Like a star.”

--

A/N: Hopefully this isn't as confusing as the last chapter, re-reading would help you understand Jonghyun more I guess. So yeah, this was a quick update~ If you don't understand whats going on, please specify what part of the story you don't get and I'll try my hardest to explain. Jonghyun was really out of character in this conquest, but that was only because it was part of his disorder. Comments are always read~ ^^