Conquest 1 Act 1

The World Key Only Knows

 

After I confirmed the contract, the search for loose souls was in action. Sulli used her magic to make my school accept her. Then she convinced my mom that she was my sister. Now we spend our days looking for any significantly odd people that might have a problem.

 

“Look, my clip is beeping!” Sulli pointed to the lively pink heart flashing on her head.

“So?” I said, clearly uninterested. Right now was morning break, an occasion I used to enjoy. Sulli could be irritatingly too enthusiastic a lot of the time.

 

“That means a bad soul is nearby! Take a look around for anybody.” I listened to her words, and then eyed my classmates. “I think that’s him.” I stared at a fluffy haired boy standing by the door of our classroom.

 

“It is! My clip is reacting a lot!” Sulli exclaimed. Sighing, I observed the guy. He chose to wear his uniform with a flimsy sweater, and his shoes were bruised. But his face was otherwise extremely handsome.

 

“I have to make him fall for me huh…” Sulli nodded at my comment. “The first step is to gather information on him, see why the soul is lurking in him,” I explained. Before morning break ended, I followed the timid boy back to his classroom.

 

For a couple of days, I ended up “stalking” him. I managed to find out his name was Lee Taemin, and he was a year younger than me. Apparently he was in the football club, despite looking anti-social. Many girls fell for his pretty face and innocent façade.

 

It was going to be difficult to see how I’ll make him fall for me. It looks like his standards are low, though. “When are you going to start making him love you already?” Sulli asked, tired of following me around almost everywhere. “I heard he is going to have a football game soon. That little fact will help us. I’ll start tomorrow,” I answered.

 

The next day, I had banners and flags put up near the football field.

 

“Taemin! Look over there.” I heard a fellow club member holler to him. He looked to where I was, and got extremely flushed.

 

I smiled. “GO TAEMIN! YOU CAN WIN THAT MATCH NEXT WEEK!!! FIGHTING! HWAITING!” I yelled. “Go Taemin!” and “Fighting!” were all over the large banners. They were even on the flags I was waving around. I even painted my cheering hat with an encouraging phrase.

 

“Why are you doing this?” Sulli asked, hidden in a bush behind me. “To get his attention,” I retorted. She nodded, approving of my tactics.

 

Taemin went up to me; his whole face flushed a deep red. “W-Why?” He stuttered out. “I want to cheer for you.” I replied. He hesitantly scratched his head. “Its embarrassing, can you stop?”

 

“No way!” My voice emitted a cheerfully persistent tone. He shyly fidgeted. “Please…” Taemin folded his hands patiently. “Sorry, but I don’t want to.” I answered. He looked at me like he has never seen anyone with such a personality.

 

“Why not?” I grinned at his question. “I told you, I want to cheer for you,” I repeated. He walked away, not wanting to bother with me anymore.

 

“You drove him away! Now he hates you!” Sulli threw her hands up in the air.

 

“Don’t worry, there’s more to it.” 

 

--

A/N: There were a lot of subscribers that actually liked the foreword, so I put this chapter up early. Sorry if your expectations were failed, but yes, I started the story with taekey. I was going to use Minho, but I found out Taemin's fav. subject was sports and that he liked football, so yeah~ I apologize again for this short, un-revised chapter, but hopefully it will give you a good taste of what the story will be like.