Conquest 3 Act 2 and Act 3

The World Key Only Knows

 

 

We’ve been trailing behind Minho for a while now. At present, we are some distance in front of him, watching the guy in his student librarians gathering. Luckily, he doesn’t see us because his head is down most of the time.

 

“So by next week we are finally setting up a visual and audio section in this library!” I glance between my book and the meeting so I can see who is talking. Everyone chats excitedly by the leader’s announcement.

“We will be able to borrow CDs and DVDs now!”

“They should’ve built this earlier.”

“We used a lot of our budget on this renovation…”

“I can’t wait!”

Positive opinions were spread around.

“Quiet down and listen. Next week during break, I want all the librarians to be here so we can help give our input and also organize the construction.” The head librarian proclaimed.

Minho abruptly stood up, his chair making a loud noise screeching backwards. His face is as stressed as ever, and his eyes are aflame.

 

Silence.

 

“Don’t you have something to say?”

“Do you need to go to the bathroom?”

“It’s always like this with you.”

Everyone quickly gets tired over the flustered boy.

“Well, if there is no more to talk about, I’ll end this small assembly now. See you next week!” The leader waved off the members leaving the table.

 

“Don’t you think Minho should speak up more?” Sulli says, sitting at the seat across from me.

“If he doesn’t want to, then he doesn’t need to,” I simply answer.

“I wonder why he has the spirit…Maybe his problem that lured the evil soul is that he wants to talk, but can't.”

I shake my head, disagreeing. “My gut tells me there is something more to this.”

 

Minho strolls over in my direction, and I ignore his presence, continuing to scribble and highlight in a novel. I sense the tall librarian stop besides my side.

“Ah!” I turn my head to look at him snatch the book away from me. I get puzzled by his sudden action.

He stares at me with dark eyes. Sulli gets up to glance at what was in Minho’s hands.

“Kibum, you wrote inside the pages…” She viewed the paper over-flowing with my handwriting.

“The article’s facts were all wrong, the author’s dates for the time each fashion type was created was not in chronological order. I had to edit it, books without correct information are worthless,” I explain.

Minho continues to fumble and un-comfortably look at me closely.

“You know if they can’t fix novels like this immediately, books really are useless.” I comment.   

He snaps, and inches to my ear.

“P-P-Paaaaaaabbbbboooooo!” His voice wavers and extends in tone. I get startled by the low noise.

He satisfyingly slumped away, carrying the editorial I was writing in.

“I have a feeling you like making people annoyed,” The demon girl huffed.

“That was the only way I could “hear” him.”

Sulli put on a confused countenance. “What do you mean?”

“He might seem still and calm on the externally, but internally a whole different commotion could be buzzing in his head. It didn’t take me long to figure that out about him,” I reply.

She nods, understanding me.

 

The next day, I have another book in my hands. I make sure I’m nearby Minho when I begin taking notes inside it.

He angrily stomps to me, taking the novel again.

I stick out my hand this time. “That’s my book. The library doesn’t own it. Give it back,” My demands are clear.

His cheeks turn red, and his mouth moves at a fast pace.

“You’re not allowed to scribble! No, you’re not allowed to do anything! When you’re here, things are disturbed. Don’t come here from now on!” Minho suddenly spits out.

“If the visual and audio booth is formed…People like you definitely-”

“My book, I need it,” I interrupt, pretending to impatiently wait for him to finish.

A huge shock hits him, and he gazes at me, turning a deep scarlet.

Then the librarian dashes away.

Sighing heavily, I come back the next day in the same chair.

“I told him he isn’t allowed to come here…I told him…He knows it…He is doing it to be mean…” I look up from my phone to see Minho mumbling.

“Oh, you’re speaking normally,” I say.

He hides behind the bookshelf when he spots me notice him.

 

My tired exhale echoes around. I tap the end of my cell against the hardwood table.

“This is such a great place…its loud wherever you go outside...” Making sure he’s still aware I’m talking to him, I lean back in my chair.

“I just want to live my life without any interference.”

The boy places himself in the seat ahead of me.

“You’re absolutely right, the library is a wonderful place…It protects you from reality with a fortress of paper,” Minho peacefully remarks.

A kind and light air is finally hovering around us.

“My name is Kim Kibum, call me Key.”

His disposition crumbles a bit as he gets pink again.

“Ch-Choi Minho…is my name…” The librarian gets up, loose and blushing.

 

My feet instinctively follow him.  

                                                                                                                                                                        “You’re amazing Key! To be able to become friends with a person that barley talks,” Sulli strolls next to me.

 

I halt our inclining steps when we are faced in front of Minho’s librarian desk. He is wide-eyed, and utterly disappointed. He manically tears the document he was looking so intently at. Then he speed walks away from his abode of piling books.

“The paper…” I glance at it, all ripped and destroyed.

“I’ll restore it!” Sulli uses her weird scarf to maneuver the small parts. The pieces eventually fit, and I read the sheet.

Information on the disposable books, to open up space for the visual and audio booth

I skip through the un-important text. My eyes see the last sentence on the page.

3,000 of the books are going to be disposed for 2,000 CDs and 1,000 DVDs space

 

“I could see…the ending.”

--

A/N: LOLOLOL SO ACT 2 AND ACT 3 ARE IN THIS ONE BECAUSE I'M BAD AT MAKING TRANSITIONS OKAY. IF I DIVIDED THE TWO ACTS, THE TWO CHAPTERS WOULDN'T FLOW WELL. Anyways, hopefully you get the gist of the plot at right now. I'll always respond to questions and new comments! I'm afraid and sad I'm ending this whole story to soon,  but oh well > <