Conquest 2 Act 2

The World Key Only Knows

 

“Stay calm, is there such a gimmick in real life?!? Look carefully,” I pointed to the spot Jonghyun disappeared at.

 

“Th-there he is…” Sulli stared at the faded, but visible figure.

 

“No-no no one listens to my songs…Just like that time…just like that time…” The person muttered.

 

We looked at Jonghyun questionably.

“Nothing is changed! I’m still invisible!” He screamed.

 

Then I suddenly got it.

 

“No, you’re wrong, I listened to you’re song whole-heartedly,” I told him.

 

An impact suddenly crashed in to my stomach.

 

“You were sleeping…” He grumbled.

 

I held my belly, and stumbled back. “It was so wonderfully sung, I fell asleep because I felt like I was in heaven,” I quickly made up.

 

Jonghyun widened his eyes, and walked away in a distressed manner.

 

“I survived…” I sighed, wiping the perspiration off my forehead.

 

“Jonghyun is angry because you ignore him!” Sulli yelled at me.

 

“I’m not doing it because I like it. I do it to understand his problem. See, I’m shaking.” I point at my trembling body.

 

“Why’d you go that far just to understand him?” She asks.

 

“Of course you can’t start capturing until you know the plot of his situation,” I explain.

 

“Well what’s the next step?” Sulli taps her chin in a thinking motion.

 

We approach him now.”

 

After school, I headed to the internet to find out his next event was at a t.v station. Me and Sulli went to the lobby, and found him there.

 

Jonghyun was still partially transparent.

 

“This…” I showed him the CD he left in my desk.

 

“Did my song reach you?” He lifelessly moved closer.

 

“S-sure…” I said.

 

“Really?!?” Jonghyun suddenly perked up, a normal shade of color washing over him.

 

“Thank goodness…I was worried I couldn’t do this interview because I was thinking of you’re opinions on my music,” He exclaimed.

 

I nodded hesitantly to his chatter.

“Aah! Can we exchange e-mails? I don’t have any friends,” He gazed at me.

 

Because of the conquest, I would accept. But I had a bad feeling about this.

 

“Okay.”

 

Every day after we swapped e-mails, he has been messaging me about 36 times on my phone. Then he makes me meet up with him, wherever the damn dinosaur was at.

 

Examples of reasons why he has called me over:

 

“Sorry to get you…something makes me uneasy…”

 

“The recording failed…”

 

“I cannot swim if I fall from the commercial’s water park stage.

 

“My bed hair won’t stay styled…”

 

What do I do after he complains his worries to me? I comfort the poor guy, not out of sympathy, but because he was still freaking scary either way. Whenever Jonghyun was depressed, he would become translucent again. And I surely didn’t want that.

 

 

About several days later, a huge amount of digital mail piled up inside my phone.

 

And, like all the other days, I listen to what it says and I go to whatever place he may be at.

“Over here Key!” He waved to me at the stairs of a large stadium.

 

The guy didn’t look very down today.

 

“So today I’m doing a live performance and about 20,000 people will come,” He looked up at me anxiously.

“G-great isn’t it?” He supposed.

 

“Uhn, thanks for telling me…” I stare blankly at him.

 

“It’s just like a dream, people will come just to see me…I’m not a simpleton anymore,” He glanced joyfully at the entrance.

 

I rummaged through my pocket and got out my phone, plugging in the headphones. Then I put it over my ears.

 

“Yah! Were you listening to what I was saying…” He took a peek at my music player, and I instantly got flustered.

“Hey, don’t be such a nosy head!” I pushed him out of my space.

 

“You took my CD and actually put my songs on you’re phone…Are they good?” His hopeful eyes just got me there.

I averted my face way from him, not knowing what exactly to say.

 

“If they are, praise me!” He blatantly requested.

 

I grinned, giving him the thumbs-up sign with both my hands.

“They were very pretty.”

 

I saw him smile enthusiastically. “Well I have to go, see you later at my concert!” He ran off.

 

“Oooh~ I think the plan is doing great. When you complimented him, he was as happy as being kissed! The emptiness in his heart must be almost filled,” Sulli gratefully assumed popping out of a nearby recycling can.

 

I wish I could believe what she was saying, but there was one thing off.

 

“Find him! Jonghyun isn’t here, where’d he go off to?!?” I heard a crowd shout, running in the direction Jjong was just previously headed at.

 

“Ehh?!? It can’t be!” Sulli screamed.

 

That’s it.

 

I can see the ending coming up. 

--

 

A/N: I apologize if some things in this chapter are confusing, please tell me if they are and I'll explain to you. The deal with Jonghyun is that he has Histrionic personality disorder, and that will be more throughly explained next chapter. Please comment! I love you my subscribers, eat your fruits and have a nice day~