Conquest 1 Final Act

The World Key Only Knows

 

After all the members of Taemin’s team left, I stayed behind. “Make me a fruit basket,” I asked Sulli. She crossed her arms.

“Say please.”

“You’re making this harder than it already is,” I complained. The girly demon used her axe and somehow made what I was asking for.

 “There,” She did a triumphant humph and handed me the basket.

Ignoring her whines about my manners, she stuck her tongue out at me.

“You should say thank you! Merong~”

 

I left Sulli and walked over to the slumped over Taemin. He stood up with his crutch and waved.

“Hi Key, why are you still here?”

 

“Taemin here,” I shoved the basket into his free arm. “What is this?!?!” He was staring at the note that said: GIFT FOR THE SICK

 

“I figured that if you ate that and regained your energy, you can win the match tomorrow,” I stated

 

He embarrassingly threw an apple at my face. “Look at my leg! Do you really think I can go to the competition?!?!?” Taemin’s voice was fickle, and he kept throwing random fruit at my head.

 

“I do.”

 

“Wha…”

 

“You can’t get such an injury from just tripping on a small rock,” My voice was resolute.

 

“You didn’t run at my speed; how would you know if I was hurt or not?” He defended.

 

“But you weren’t running at full speed at the time.”

 

He looked at me, utterly baffled. “H-how…did you k-know …”

 

“There was a bracelet that was always on your good throwing wrist. I figured it was for good luck since you always had it on. But that day, you didn’t.”

 

He tightened his grip on the basket. Taemin looked down at his feet.

“There was a lot of anxiety and stress that had build up on me…When people actually depended on me to play better, like you…I just didn’t want to disappoint them…This was the only way; the only way I could get out of it…” His tone was to the point of crying.

 

“If you’re worried about the overwhelming pressure, then look at me in the game. I’ll always be there for you.” I told him. He blushed, and then he chucked an apple at me.

 

 “What are you talking about, don’t be stupid!” Taemin shouted, chasing after me.

 

I don’t want any more fruit hurting my body.

 

After some exhausting running, I felt a tug at the end of my shirt. I turned around.

“You’ll be there to cheer for me at the game right?” His countenance was staring at the shoes and football that was hidden deep in the basket.

 

My eyes averted to the side. His face was extremely close. “Y-yeah…”

 

Taemin was flustered. “…Thanks…”

 

He leaned in on me, placing his lips on mine. Too surprised to do anything, I just stood there, accepting the kiss.

 

“It came out! Confinement bottle! Runaway spirit captured!” I could here a muffled Sulli call out in the background.

“Hurray! Thank you Key~” She happily yelled.

 

After the incident, I ended up going to Taemin’s game the next day.

Miraculously, his team won.

 

“Key look~ I won and now it’s on the school newspaper,” He said, coming up to me at lunch one day.

 

“Wait, why am I talking to someone like you? How do I even know your name…” Taemin was confused and turning a shade of pink.

 

He ended up losing all his memory of the conquest.

 

“Congratulations.” I mumbled while reading my book.

“E-eh? Ah…thanks…” He stuttered out, leaving with a red face.

 

“Key, why aren’t you on the roof today?” Sulli asked me, eating her food delightfully by my side. I blushed, and ignored her question.

“Well can you get this collar of me now?”

 

“What are you talking about? We have many more conquests to go.” 

--

A/N: Another very fast update ^^ I really like how you guys are still encouraging me and it really is a great motivation~ This chapter was more like the manga, so yay. Comments are much appreciated! If your confused or anything, or if you see a grammar/revision error, please do tell me~