Conquest 3 Final Act

The World Key Only Knows

 

I arrive at the library the next day, and a crowd of student librarians are around the entrance.

I spot the sign standing at the front.

 

Audio-Visual Booth

Installation

Opposition

~

Choi Minho

 

“A strike?!?”

“Hey Minho open up!”

“What’s wrong with you?!?”

A couple worried shouts were thrown around.

“Why did Minho lock himself up inside?!?!?” Sulli anxiously asked.

“There were many clues leading up to this, you were just too focused on the fire trucks to notice,” I reply.

“What should we do Key? Should we stop him???” The demon followed me as I walked.

“Just carry me to the roof of the building,” I order.

She hesitantly lifts me up and flies over to the top.

“Now make an incision on the ceiling.”

 

Sulli uses her scarf to form two drills, and then she marks a circle on the roof. The rough plaster crumbles down, and I drop myself in the hole, landing roughly on a bookshelf.

I was directly above a startled Minho.

“Ayo.”

He just stands blatantly behind his desk, still partially stunned and speechless.

“I think it is good you’re on strike. I’ll support you because I don’t want any noise in such a beautifully quiet place.”

The guy shifts his head to the side and my body falls to the ground because I wasn’t balanced.

Minho leads me behind his table and we sit side to side inside his house of books.

“Here…Welcome to my hideout.”

He hands me a drink and I accept it while shuffling through my phone.

“Thanks.”

 

“BBSSSHKKKK”

The lights went off and complete darkness surrounded us.

“Agh!”

Minho jumped on top of me, the blackout frightening the both of us.

“Ughrh!”

The mountains of books that were around us collapsed; enveloping us in rugged novels. 

“Jeez reality, how long are you going to trouble me? I just want to be left in peace,” I sigh tiredly.

“I feel that way too…” Minho fumbled a bit on top of me.

“That’s a lie right?”

His face turned pale, and sweat formed on his forehead.

“All you do is think about how you want to talk to people, or what to say to them. But you became anxious and didn’t want to be hated,” I concluded. His thoughts were obvious.

“But doesn’t everyone think that way too?...Even you-”

I averted my eyes directly at him, and he reddened.

“Nope, I don’t really care about what others think about me.”

My upper body manages to sit upright.

“Minho, do you want to protect your books or you safe place?”

I stand myself up and glance down at him. He completely covers himself in the books, and I can sense his thoughts.

--You’re wrong…I love books…

But I want to talk…About books…I wanted to talk…Even at that time I couldn’t…

That time…and that other time…

But it’s impossible now. My voice has already deteriorated…

It’s impossible.

I can’t leave here now…impossible.

Outside is scary.

People are scary…

I want to live here…

I’m scared.--

His aura is dispersed in utter darkness, and I see him cower underneath the novels

--I wish I had courage…

But it will never come out…

It won’t come out…

It won’t come through…

My voice will never be heard.--

 

“Wake up!”

 

I pulled his hand through the piles of papers and everything flew in each direction.

He was teary eyed and flushed, and I pressed him against me, kissing his damp lips.

 

A huge weight was release out of him and it soared upward.

“It’s caught!” I could hear Sulli yell.

 

Before he could open his eyes, I climbed through the hole and watched below.

Minho opened the doors to the library, a glint of braveness in his face.

“Sorry to cause you so much problems, but I can’t let the books be thrown out. Every book has something that it wants to tell someone…that it needs to!” His tone was loud, clear.

“He’s talking…” A whisper escaped from the members.

“Okay, fine, we’ll see what to do with the books next meeting. The booth has already been decided so don’t complain about that.” The leader of the student librarian team answered.

His face was full of refreshment, no hint of sorrow in it.

“Uhm…was anyone with me? I felt like there was someone here…”

The leader shrugged her shoulders, and Minho just gazed blankly at the window.

 

I smiled down at the scene, and then made Sulli fix up the broken ceiling. 

--

A/N: So yeah I wasn't really satisfied with how I wrote this chapter but I guess it is alright. As long as you get what I'm trying to get at. Oh please comment I want to try out the new 'reply comment' feature. 

I'm so excited to write Onew's story afgfdsasdfghjhgfds.