Chapter 6. Ignoring

Baring Fangs

The gang looked at each other. Their guilt had grown, practically overwhelming them.  Looking back at Sunggyu, you wouldn’t think that he had that many injuries but just thinking about it. It made you really sad. On one hand, he didn’t have any internal injuries but then again, he wasn’t allowed to walk on his own either. They couldn’t believe those sweet dogs could cause this much harm.

Hoya spied the crutches next to the bed and eyed them with distaste. He smiled slightly, he knew Sunggyu would complain nonstop about them. He also knew Sungjong was gonna get it, since he was the youngest. He sighed, this wasn’t going to be easy.

Sungyeol laid his head against Myungsoo’s and let a couple of tears.

“What are we going to do now?”

Woohyun reached out for Sunggyu ‘s hand caressed it softly. All he knew is that he wasn’t going to let Sunggyu out of his sights. He heard a cough and they all turned to their manager. He looked very sad but he knew it was time to get down and discuss what was going to happen.

“Alright you all will go on as normal. You will all go to your schedules and preform as planned.”

Sungyeol frowned and bursted out.

“What about Sunggyu?! Who’s going to take care of him?”

Their manager rubbed his temples.

“You will take shifts in watching him. I can’t get a nurse for him because this is already a big enough scandal. I still have to talk to the PD and discuss the hospital bill and then talk to our CEO about your recording. You all know about your remix of your album Be Mine.”

Sungjong tilted his head in confusion and opened his mouth to ask, but their manager beat him to the punch.

He sighed and told him.

“The plan was to end Birth of a Family the 31st of this month right? But right now it’s the 6th. So that means firstly I have choose which one of you is going to replace Sunggyu in Gwanghwamun Sonata with Woohyun, if I can. Then I have to make sure that his recovery period won’t interfere with his recording time in order to get the Be Mine remix out on time. There’s so much to do.”

Their manager turned away, heading to the door with his phone already out and ready. The silence that followed was deafening. Hoya turned to Dongwoo and pouted.

“You’re in charge since the grandpa is out cold.”

He gave a wry smile and they chuckled at the weak joke before turning back to Sunggyu. Dongwoo shook his head and bit his lip.

“I’m not good at this. Leading the group I mean. I guess we can make a list of what Sunggyu usually does and split it up between us all.”

He looked at Myungsoo and let out a small smile,

“Which means neither me or L can wake up early to wake you all up.”

Sungjong laughed and clung to Dongwoo.

“I’ll wake you up hyung~”

Woohyun smiled and turned to Sunggyu. He still could hear the phone call as if was 5 minutes ago. He wished Sunggyu would already wake up. And as he looked back at everyone, he felt the hand in his hand twitch. He looked at Sunggyu and saw him move.

“You guys! I think he’s waking up.”

 

Sunggyu couldn’t help but wince. His body felt like a lead balloon, just sinking into the bed. He couldn’t move his arms or legs and his head was pounding. He tried opening his eyes and was blinded by the awful lights. He groaned and shut his eyes. He took deep breaths and opened his eyes again, this time the lights weren’t so bright. He struggled to sit up, quickly feeling hands help him.

He looked to his right and saw Dongwoo smiling softly and turned to his left and spotted Woohyun. He frowned and blinked for a couple of seconds, thinking about what was going on. He looked down at his body and saw he was covered in bandages and remembered. He pulled his hand away from Woohyun and went back to laying down. He didn’t feel like talking to anyone, maybe Dongwoo but later.

Woohyun pouted and tried to take back Sunggyu’s hand but Sunggyu put his hand under the blankets and turned his face away. Everyone watching this was startled, Sunggyu rarely turned down Woohyun’s skinship. Sungyeol turned to Myungsoo and poked him, motioning him to talk since everyone else was still in shock.

Myungsoo cleared his throat and hesistated before talking.

“Hyung….?”

Sunggyu turned to Myungsoo and raised an eyebrow.

“Are you ok?”

Sunggyu shrugged his shoulders, which caused him to wince. The bites were starting to throb and he cursed. He couldn’t stop the pain from spreading and before he knew it, he had started spasming. His whole body started to shake and he almost couldn’t breathe. His heart monitor started to beep loudly, scaring them all.

Sungjong rushed to Sunggyu’s side and tried holding him still.

“Hyung! Hyung! Can you hear me?!!”

Everyone watched as the doctors and nurses came in and moved Sungjong away. They were then ushered out of the room with only snippets of words like ‘insufficient hydration’ and ‘muscle overload’ were heard. Again their leader was hurting and they couldn’t do anything.