Chapter 11. Dance Practice

Baring Fangs

 

The next day was when everything went south for Infinite. The air in the practice room was tense. You could cut the tension with knife. They had been practicing hard core and non stop for promotions while Sunggyu watched like a hawk for mistakes. He may not have been able to dance but, he could still scold them for mistakes. He watched them start off with Come Back Again, frowning but staying quiet at their little mistakes. He would point them out when they finished. It was mostly them making sad faces. As an idol, you learned that you need the correct face on stage or it could get you scolded later.

 

He pointed to Dongwoo and he nodded, going to Sungyeol and helping him with a move he kept making a mistake for. Sunggyu frowned, how could Sungyeol make a mistake for a song they already had promotions about? He would talk to him later about additional dance practice. He clapped and made everyone turn to him.

 

“Hoya put the music for Be Mine and I want you guys to one by one show me your parts. Sungjong, you go first and we'll go from there.”

 

He waited for Sungjong to get in position and he nodded for Hoya to start the music. He nodded at the smoothness Sungjong danced with, but they seemed to be an air of tiredness. Like he was thinking about the moves too much. The music stopped and all Sunggyu could hear was Sungjong's panting. He eyed the sweaty forehead of the maknae before throwing him a towel.

 

“You did good, stop thinking about the moves too much, I can see it on your face. Try and relax. Myungsoo you're next.”

 

To Sunggyu, it looked like Myungsoo wasn't trying. He kept getting the moves wrong and he seemed very distracted. Sunggyu knew that Myungsoo was just tired but he couldn't let any of that go. He looked at his phone and saw that they had been practicing for hours. He turned back to Myungsoo as he was turning and stopped him.

 

“Ok that's enough. All of you are tired and you make the same mistakes over and over. Let's go eat and then we'll start all over.”

 

Sunggyu sighed as everyone just stared at him and stared back until they got moving, getting their drinks of water and resting on the floor. He was not happy. He knew that everyone was tired and sad that he couldn't dance with them. He was going to have to do something to cheer them up or nothing was going to change. But it was hard to think about when he couldn't really move. He eyed them one by one.

 

Hoya stuck to Dongwoo, watching him while making small talk with Woohyun. Myungsoo was sitting with Sungjong and Sungyeol, sharing some water. Sunggyu nibbled on his lip before he had a bright idea. He took his phone and texted their manager. He explained that the group wasn't up to par and needed a break. He knew that they had one music performance tomorrow and some of the members had to do some acting but they needed some rest. He waited for the response and hoped that they could go out and do something fun. They could eat and go play some arcade games, ending with a family talk. He felt his phone buzz and he glanced at it. He smirked, it was time to rock. He grabbed his cane from beside him and stood up. Everyone turned to him.

 

Sungjong got up.

 

“Hyung what's wrong? Does anything hurt?”

 

Sunggyu shook his head, he was ok for now.

 

“I want all of you to pack up your stuff. We are going out.”

 

The members got up one by one. Hoya grabbed his stuff the quickest and went to stand next to Sunggyu.

 

“What are we going to do hyung?”

 

Sunggyu smirked,

 

“We are going to go have fun. I know you guys are tired so I asked Manager hyung if we could go out. I got the yes so we are heading out.”

 

Hoya pursed his lips.

 

“Who's going to drive?”

 

Sunggyu grinned, “Dongwoo will, isn't that right Dongwoo?”

 

Dongwoo gave a thumbs up and Sunggyu felt the air change. Infinite was a group that needed fun every once and a while or else they didn't work properly. They were a group were they worked hard when it came to them naturally. He waved everyone closer to him and smiled.

 

“Here's how it's going to go: I choose where we eat and play but I'm willing on suggestions.”

 

Woohyun raised his hand quickly,

 

“I want chicken! Or barbecue.”

 

Sungyeol put his hands together and sighed, “I want americanos”

 

Everyone rolled their eyes and Sungjong made a face,

 

“We should go get some ddeokbokki and fish cakes. I've been craving them for a while.”

 

Sunggyu hummed on that suggestion. They all sounded good to him. He turned to Myungsoo who said one word, Hamburger. Dongwoo and Hoya pointed to Woohyun and nodded. It seemed that they agreed with his suggestion. With all the suggestions in, Sunggyu chuckled and stared moving to the door.

 

“Well, let's head out.”

 

(A/N: I'm sorry this is so late but life really got the better of me. I'll try and have the next chapter or two maybe this weekend~!)