Chapter 1. Sunggyu Alone

Baring Fangs

Sunggyu was pissed. Beyond pissed in fact. He couldn't believe s would leave him alone so easily. Even when they knew he barely liked dogs. The dogs were cute sure, but they could be dangerous. He looked at the dogs, then to the pieces of paper on the wall next to him. He read the papers then frowned. Wash? Walk? He rubbed his forehead in distress, of course this would happen to him. He looked at the camera and put on a small weak smile. He grabbed his phone and tried to call Sungjong.

 

“Neh Hyung what do you want?”

 

Sunggyu almost wanted to hit something. Sungjong seemed too happy. He responded back.

 

“Yah come back. I can't take care of the dogs by myself.”

 

He waited a couple of minutes before hearing him reply.

 

“Eh I think I'm fine. Have fun~”

 

Then he hung up on him. He hung up. Sunggyu dragged his hand down his face in exhaustion. He couldn't deal with this. Not at all. He was tired. The members didn't know but last night the CEO had been scolding Sunggyu in making sure the members were actually practicing. And afterwards the CEO had pushed Sunggyu to practice all night. He barely got in at around 4 in the morning. He stretched, only to feel his strained muscles. He throbbed all over but obviously he still had to do the missions. He first washed the dogs.

 

It wasn't that hard at first. Nurungie was somewhat still. He was calm during the bath and Sunggyu was thankful. But as soon as he let Nurungie done, he ran like the wind. Sunggyu ran after him, pulling him out of the doghouse. He blow-dried and made sure he was dry before moving onto Coco and Dubu. The baths moved at a quicker pace, as Sunggyu wanted. Next was to feed them. Sunggyu hated feeding time. It was hard to make the dogs follow his instructions but again so were the members. He fed the dogs one by one in order of what the members and him decided their ranking was. He made sure they each got a nice treat and fed them a good amount of water.

 

Sunggyu sat down next to the dogs, hoping for a short break. He didn't bothering calling the members since he knew they weren't going to come back. They never really listened to him unless it was important and even then.. it was hard. Being leader was a bit of a challenge since they kept ridiculing him. Sunggyu was going to make them work extra hard when he saw them. He got up to get their leashes. Looking back and forth from the dogs to the leashes, his head sunk. He tried going for Coco first. The little dog turned out to be trouble. Coco kept struggling and everytime Sunggyu thought he got it, Coco kept pulling the leash off. He eventually got the leash on Coco and moved on to Dubu.

 

Dubu was a sweetheart. She kept at his fingers and he chuckled. He put her down and Nurungie was a bit hard since he kept squirming. He pulled in their leashes very softly to make sure everyone was following before going outside the dorm and going to the park.

 

__________________________________________________

 

The park was a success besides having Coco get loose from him. Sunggyu was even more tired from running and grabbing Coco. Inside the dorm he grabbed another glass of water, along with some treats to feed the dogs. He took a deep breathe, calming himself and cooling down his body before feeding the dogs. He scratched their heads as they ate and rubbed their bellies afterwards.

 

Sunggyu was ready for a long nap, but before he could he smelled something weird. He turned to see Nurungie vomiting on his little bed. Sunggyu shot up and grabbed a napkin. He cleaned off all he could before eyeing the bed. He put his hands on his hips and began to think. He murmured to himself.

 

“Hmm, I'm not sure if one wash get all that out. It's pretty deep. I think I'll make Woohyun and Sungjong bleach it. No wait that will make the bed lose its color. But bleach-”

 

Sunggyu stopped in the middle of his sentence. He had heard growling coming from behind him. He turned to see Nurungie bearing his teeth at Sunggyu. He froze, not liking what was happening. He tried thinking what he had did or said. He ran over his actions and words before coming to the conclusion it was the word bleach. Sunggyu had said that word last and Nurungie had been close enough to hear him.

 

Dubu and Coco were bearing their teeth as well. Sunggyu grabbed his phone from his pocket, determined to call the dog expert to see what he could do but he dropped his phone. He looked at Nurungie, who had came closer when he dropped his phone. Sunggyu didn't want to get his phone but he needed to call that expert to find out what to do. He reached out for his phone when Nurungie jumped forward, mouth ready to bite.