Chapter 12. Park Talk

Baring Fangs

As Sunggyu looked at eating, he wondered where he would be without them. Would he still be with his old band, trying to get gigs or would he be in school, pursuing the medical degree his parents had hinted to. He swiped a bite of ddeokbokki from Hoya and patted him on the cheek when he pouted at Sunggyu. He leaned back and kept watching them. They were so young and Sunggyu knew that they would together for even longer, as friends and as members of Infinite. He knew they felt bad for letting their precious leader get hurt but they were getting past it as a group.

 

He smirked, they were going to work their asses off to waste all the extra calories they were now consuming as of right now. He listened to Myungsoo and Sungjong fighting a particular drama and how they thought it would end when he coughed, getting everyone's attention.

 

Alright guys, now since we've had our fun, it's time for one last place before we go home.”

 

Woohyun leaned against Sunggyu and whined,

 

But hyung! We've only done karaoke, arcade games and clubbing. We could still go get a massage or get our cards read!”

 

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun, “It's close to midnight and we need our sleep for our performance tomorrow and I know some of you have acting to record tomorrow. So hurry up and finish, we're going to the park.”

 

Hoya drank his coke, “The park?”

 

Sunggyu nodded, “I want to have a group talk.”

 

Everyone paled, Infinite group talks could range from happy compliments to rough yells about practicing, suffice to say, nobody liked hearing Sunggyu nag.

 

Sunggyu paid the bill, not even wincing at the total since it was his manager's money they were spending (boy was he going to be a broke manager by tomorrow). Sunggyu slowly got up and they walked back to the car, everyone letting Sunggyu get in the front seat. Thankfully the park wasn't far from where they had eaten so with nervous minds, they sat down on the grass, making a neat circle. Sunggyu took in the dark sky and small little stars before closing his eyes and feeling the nice breeze.

 

Everyone watched him before smiling at each other and following him, eyes closed and savoring the nice night. Sunggyu started talking, eyes still closed,

 

Guys I forgive you. I'm not mad that you left behind with the puppies and I'm not mad that you guys didn't pick up my calls. I was happy to see that you guys were there for me at the hospital and are doing everything you can to make me feel better. You guys are the best and I will try my best to get better and dance with you guys again.”

 

Sunggyu opened his eyes and and smiled as he saw everyone tearing up at his words and held open his arms. Sungyeol was the first to jump into his arms, sobbing.

 

We love you hyung!”

 

Sunggyu snuggled Sungyeol close to him and chuckled as everyone clung to him. He patted Dongwoo and wiped the tears off Myungsoo, smiling at Woohyun's big pout and tears. He rubbed cheeks with Sungjong and grinned,

 

I love you guys too and I would never trade Infinite for any other group in the whole world.”

 

They stayed like that for a while, just simple hugging Sunggyu until he clapped his hands, making Hoya and Woohyun jump.

 

Now that we got that out of the way, it's time to go home and sleep. We have a lot tomorrow and we need out beauty sleep.”

 

Myungsoo tugged on Sunggyu's sleeve, “Can we sleep as a group tonight hyung? In the living room?”

 

Sunggyu smiled, “Of course. Now up and off of me. Last one to the car is a bubble !”

 

As they all raced to the car, Sunggyu smiled. They were his family. Later that night, with everyone sprawled out in the living room, Sunggyu couldn't stop smiling even though he was slightly aching. He would try and get better fast, just for his team.