Chapter 9. Home Dinner

Baring Fangs

As Woohyun went to cook, wondering what he could make to help Sunggyu smile, Dongwoo made his move. He subtly moved to Sunggyu's side and touched his shoulder. He leaned n a bit and whispered in Sunggyu's ear.

 

“Hyung why don't you go lay down and I'll get you when the food is ready.”

 

Sunggyu thought about it. Yes he wanted to rest, his body was aching but he wanted to see how everyone would take the strain of watching him carefully. He looked at everyone's faces and mentally smirked. They all looked awkward. He know they wanted him to lay down and talk amongst themselves. Did he feel like making a fuss? Nah. He nodded to Dongwoo and had help from him into the bottom bed of his room.

 

The covers of the bed seemed to lull him into a deep sleep by the time Dongwoo left the room, satisfied that his hyung was comfy. And so while Sunggyu slept, everyone else had a group chat. Well everyone besides Woohyun, who was current;y making dinner. Dongwoo gathered everyone in the living room and took a deep breath.

 

“Ok while Woohyun is making dinner, we need to make the house Sunggyu-safe. Myungsoo and Sungyeol will make sure each room doesn't have clothes everywhere. Sungjong go clean the bathroom. Make sure there's no water on the floor. Hoya and I will set up the table to eat.” And with that everyone left to follow Dongwoo's orders.

 

Myungsoo and Sungyeol grimaced as the first room they went into had clothes everywhere. They started cleaning up when Sungyeol spoke up.

 

“Do you think Sunggyu-hyung is mad at us?”

 

Myungsoo shook his head,

 

“I'm not sure. I don't think so, I just think he's sorely disappointed in us for ignoring him.”

 

Sungyeol nodded.

 

“I feel so bad but I bet Woohyun-hyung Is feeling terrible. I mean he was the one to ignore Sunggyu-hyung's phone call.”

 

Myungsoo frowned, Woohyun was probably beating himself up inside. He picked up another shirt and sighed. It was going to be awkward from until Sunggyu-hyung was all healed up. He hated when everything seemed to not go well. He could see it now, Infinite breaks apart and everyone leaves. He didn't want that, nobody did. He put away a pair of pants and pouted, he was going to make sure his hyung recovered fast and healthy. He nodded once and finished up the room, satisfied with his resolution which most likely was everyone else's resolutions as well.

 

Dongwoo and Hoya finished setting up the table, making sure Sunggyu had just a bit more space for his crutches. They set up the bowls and plates and helped Woohyun set the food on the table. Dongwoo smiled, everything was ready for Sunggyu. Now all they needed was their hyung but there in lied the problem. Nobody wanted to wake him up and since no one was willing to, they were going to use luck to choose. Everyone stood in a small circle and held out their hands. Dongwoo took a deep breath.

 

“1........2........3....Go!”

 

All but one person was happy. Everyone except Hoya had thrown paper and he had thrown rock. Hoya looked at everyone and sighed. He went into the room and gulped. Sunggyu was a force to be reckoned with when he hadn't had enough sleep. He sat down quietly on the bed and shook Sunggyu's shoulder, carefully. He bit his lip when Sunggyu didn't even move, he really didn't want to wake Sunggyu up but dinner was getting cold.

 

He shook Sunggyu a bit harder and steeped back quickly when he actually started moving. He watched as Sunggyu slowly brought the covers over him. Hoya frowned, it seemed like Sunggyu-hyung was tense. Maybe he ached all over. Should he get help? Probably. He popped his head outside the door and called out softly.

 

“Hey I need help.”

 

Woohyun appeared and put his hands on his hips.

 

“Help with what Hoya?”

 

Hoya nodded inside the room.

 

“I think Sunggyu-hyung might be aching from his injuries. Help me get him up, I don't want to accidentally hurt him.”

 

Woohyun nodded and went inside with Hoya. Woohyun made a bee-line to the bed and cuddled up to Sunggyu. He snuggled into Sunggyu's back and cooed.

 

“Sunggyu-hyung~ Wake up~ Dinner's done and it's time to eat. Hyungie~!”

 

Hoya watched as Sunggyu made a little whine and turned to see Woohyun smiling all greasy. Sunggyu rolled his eyes and coughed to clear his throat.

 

“Time to eat?”

 

Woohyun nodded and snuggled.

 

“Yep I made lots of yummy food so you have to eat ~! Not we have to get up Hyung.”

 

Hoya took this opportunity to take the blanket off of Sunggyu and smirked at the glare he received. He grabbed Sunggyu's arm and wrapped it around his neck and waited until Woohyun did the same, ignoring Sunggyu's protests of 'I can do it myself'.

 

They helped him to the table and made sure he was comfy before sitting down. Dinner was normal, sorta of. Sungyeol was sneaking food off of Woohyun's plate, Hoya and Sungjong were bickering about rap and Myungsoo was watching Dongwoo do an impression of a sunbae they saw on tv. Sunggyu smiled at this picture, it seemed so nice. But then Sunggyu shifted and the pain came back, reminding him what his team didn't do for him.

 

He sighed. He wasn't going to punish them too much, but they needed to learn some responsibility. He took a sip of his tea and hid a smirk, oh they were going to get hell from him.