Chapter 4. Waiting

Baring Fangs

 

Everyone was in pieces when they got in the car. Some were quiet and others were sobbing their eyes out. Woohyun was gripping his phone so hard that it seemed like he was going to crush it. Sungyeol and Sungjong had trails of tears just running down their faces. Myungsoo was like a stone. He wasn't really moving or making a sound. It was like he was just there, but everyone knew that he was just as brokenhearted as them.

 

Dongwoo laid his head on Hoya's shoulder. He really couldn't shake the guilty feeling he had hovering over him. They had all abandoned him, even if it was for the show. They left him aloone when they knew he didn't like dogs. Dongwoo shook his thoughts out of his mind and tried to maybe take a little nap. He settled down on Hoya's shoulder and closed his eyes. Hoya on the other hand, thought they needed a plan. He took a deep breath and started talking.

 

“Hey what are we going to do?”

 

Sungyeol turned to him, removing the tears on his cheeks.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Hoya made sure Dongwoo was nestled comfortably against him before replying.

 

“Sunggyu's in the hospital. So that means Dongwoo-hyung's in charge right? Since he's the second oldest. Also we need ask Manager-hyung about our schedules. Like who's going to stay with Sunggyu-hyung and lastly we need to tell Sunggyu-hyung's parents.”

 

Sungjong wiped his eyes,

 

“I think Manager-hyung already called Sunggyu-hyung's parents. He was on the phone when we left. But I want to stay with Sunggyu-hyung.”

 

Sungyeol piped in,

 

“Me too.”

 

They held hands together to show how determined they were. Hoya smiled, once those two decided on something, they stuck to it. He turned to Myungsoo.

 

“Are you going to stay too?”

 

Myungsoo unfroze himself from the daze he was in and nodded. He hoped Sunggyu was alright. His hyung was always there for him when he needed it and now he could return the favor.

 

When the members got to the hospital, they looked they were tourists, trying to find out where everything was, unable to find anything. The nurses around were whispering and eyeing them, making the boys very uncomfortable. When they asked a nurse where Sunggyu's room was, all they got was that he was in surgery. That got everyone even more sad and Sungjong began to cry again. They were told he would get out of surgery in an hour and they all sat down, waiting.

 

Even then when they were told Sunggyu was out of surgery, they weren't allowed in yet since they weren't immediate family. They had to sit around and wait until Sunggyu was allowed to have visitors. Waiting around was harder then the time they were told they were going to debut. It seemed like hours pass (In reality, only one hour had passed) until the were allowed inside his room. When they laid their eyes on Sunggyu, their silence told a story of heartbreak and sadness.