Chapter 3. Infinite Shocked

Baring Fangs

“Oh my god, did you see manager-hyung's face when he saw the bill?”

 

Sungyeol laughed, hitting the car seat in front of him. He was sitting with Myungsoo and Sungjong in the back of the car. Hoya and Woohyun sat in the middle and Dongwoo, being the oldest, grabbed the front.

 

“I know, haha. I bet Sunggyu-hyung is cussing us out in his mind.”

 

Dongwoo smiled, turning around to see the members.

 

“Probably. But he would have called again by now.”

 

Dongwoo checked his phone, but there was nothing. He knew that Sunggyu-hyung would take every chance he could to whine to the kids. And while the younger members couldn't stand the whining, Dongwoo could see why his hyung whined all the time. He had been reluctant in leaving Sunggyu alone, he knew that Sunggyu had been chewed by CEO-nim and he felt bad. Nobody but Sunggyu ever got chewed out by the CEO and everytime Sunggyu tried to really chew them out, it never worked.

 

Dongwoo frowned, now that he was thinking about it, nobody really took Sunggyu seriously and it made Dongwoo sad. He knew Sunggyu, as a rookie, never really wanted to be Infinite's leader. Dongwoo liked his ex-dream of being a rock star, but he knew that Sunggyu was just what Infinite needed.

 

“Did you get any calls from Sunggyu-hyung?”

 

At that point Woohyun remembered that one call he had gotten when they were eating. He kinda felt guilty, since he really didn't pay attention to Sunggyu. He looked at his phone and showed it to Dongwoo.

 

“Yeah I got one while we were eating. But-”

 

Woohyun rubbed his head sheepishly,

 

“But I couldn't hear what he said and hung up on him.”

 

Dongwoo looked at him.

 

“And you didn't think to tell us at the time?”

 

Woohyun put out his hands.

 

“Woah hyung. I didn't think it was that important. I just thought he was whining about the dogs. What's up with you?”

 

Dongwoo leaned his head against his car seat and sighed.

 

“I just have a bad feeling.”

 

Woohyun looked back at his phone. He looked at the other faces of the members, who were all silent now. He saw Sungjong clear his mouth before talking.

 

“Well I bet he just fell back asleep. Our poor Grandpa Gyu~”

 

Everyone cracked a smile at that. Sunggyu-hyung did eat a lot of vitamins during the day. And his back did end up hurting at least once a day. Sunggyu was also not that sports active, with the proof of him taking vitamins every single day.

 

Hoya looked at Sungjong.

 

“Do you think he did the missions?”

 

Myungsoo cut in, answering instead.

 

“I think he did. Besides there are cameras watching him.”

 

Hoya nodded. Dongwoo turned towards their manager, who was driving them. Sunggyu was all alone with the dogs, so maybe they could do something do show that they appreciated him.

 

“Hey hyung, can we get Sunggyu-hyung some chicken? I'd think he'd like that.”

 

The manager nodded, getting of the road and stopping at a chicken restaurant. They ordered for Sunggyu and left, making no more stops. As their manager parked, something seemed wrong. There were police cars, ambulances and fangirls all over. As everyone rode the elevator to their dorm, they were horrified to see the door, in pieces, scattered all over the floor. There was a cop at the door talking to the dog expert they had filming with for Birth of a Family.

 

They tried going inside but the cop stopped them. He told them that they weren't aloud to go inside yet until it was deemed the dogs weren't going to attack anymore. Everyone was speechless, what had happened while they were gone. The dog expert appeared and gave them a weak smile.

 

“Good you're all here. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But Kim Sunggyu was attacked by the dogs.”

 

Sungjong and Sungyeol began to cry, while Hoya asked a question rather forcefully.

 

“I thought you said the dogs were ok now.”

 

The dog expert sighed,

 

“We did clear them healthy for the show. But apparently the dogs reacted to a word and attacked. Abused dogs, when they get abused, can react to a simple word or phrase. Maybe even to a smell.”

 

The dog expert looked around, seeing the fangirls around.

 

“Let's talk inside.”

 

__________________________________________

 

Walking inside was a nightmare. There was blood smeared everywhere. The bedroom door to where Hoya and the other members slept, had countless scratches from the dogs. The police inside the dorm were collecting glass and samples of blood. Sungyeol hugged Myungsoo from behind and cried into his shoulder. Dongwoo held onto Hoya's hand for comfort. They saw the dogs in their kennels. But what was super sad, was that they had muzzles on.

 

Once the police cleaned a spot for them to sit on, they sat in a little circle. The dog expert knew this going to be a hard time for them. He took a deep breath and began.

 

“As I was doing my routine check up I received a phone call from Sunggyu-sshi. He told me that the dogs had reacted to the word bleach and that he had been bitten very severely. I told him to stay in a safe place and then I called animal control and obviously the ambulances. When I arrived, the dogs had calmed down and I had animal control put them safely in their kennels. I checked around and found Sunggyu-sshi in a bedroom, resting in a puddle of blood. The ambulances came and now he's in the hospital. Any questions?”

 

Dongwoo raised his hand and coughed.

 

“How hurt is he?”

 

“When I found him, he had bite wounds all over his shoulders and he had scratches on his face. I don't know what else until the hospital tells me or your manager.”

 

Dongwoo nodded, putting his face into his hands. His feeling had come true. Dongwoo felt Hoya embrace him and he gave him a weak smile. Woohyun was frozen, he suddenly had thought of something.

 

“When did you receive the phone call from Sunggyu-hyung?”

 

The dog expert looked at his watch.

 

“About 4 hours ago.”

 

Woohyun started to shed tears, the phone call he had gotten, was a cry from help and he ignored it. He grabbed his hair and sobbed. Myungsoo was trembling and Sungyeol felt it. He looked up and said something.

 

“Let's go see Sunggyu-hyung.”