Chapter 2. Sunggyu Attacked

Baring Fangs

Sunggyu moved his hand away, not wanting to get bitten. Nurung was moving fast, now aiming for his legs instead. Sunggyu tried pushing Nurung away but instead getting his slipper caught on his teeth. He struggled to get loose from the hold but had to slip his foot out of the slipper before he got bit. He watched, softly backing away, as Nurung tore into the slipper. He really wanted to tear the old owner a new . Bleach was very a strong base, usually. A base burn was different from an acid burn. An acid burn actually burned, chemically. But a base burn basically “unravel” the skin, making skin fall off . He looked at the poor dogs. Nurung and the other dogs were obviously abused with chemical burns.

 

But he as looked at the dogs. Infinite hadn't used any bleach in front of them. They hadn't even mentioned it. They only kind of liquid they had come in contact with was water. Even then they had been scared at first, of water, but Infinite had calmed them down. It hit Sunggyu that the dogs could probably smell the difference. It was probably imprinted in their minds that the smell of bleach meant a bad thing. But then, he looked at Nurung, how much abuse did the poor dogs suffer? Bleach could cause severe chemical burns, it could cause blisters, it would cause skin irritation and itching would occur. Burns could appear on the skin.

 

His fists balled up. He just imagine it now. The old owner would drag the dogs one by one into a small room. The owner would take a bottle of bleach and just go wild. The burns wouldn't kill the dog but it would be in pain. Making sure that the burns weren't visible would have been a bad thing but obviously the owner had expertise in the subject of abuse. Sunggyu backed into the kitchen. Maybe he could stay out of their sights while he call the dog expert. But then he remembered his phone was lying on the floor next to the ruined slipper.

 

Sunggyu had to distract the dogs. He looked around and only saw a glass of water on the counter. He looked down and grabbed his other slipper. He could throw it and snatch his phone off the floor. It would all take place in a matter of seconds. But as he began to try to throw his slipper, the dogs appeared. He looked at Nurung, who was closing in on him. Dubu and Coco were next to him, heads low and snarling really deep. Sunggyu gulped, this was going to be a bad day.

 

His hand hit something in the counter and it crashed onto the floor. It was the glass of water and it seemed to let the dogs know he was even more scared. Dubu snapped at Sunggyu's legs, leaving shallow wounds. Sunggyu fell on the floor, slipping on the cup of water he spilled and glass embedding itself into his hands and arms. He tried getting up but Nurung was biting at his shoulders. He felt a particularly deep bite on his right shoulder. Holding in his screams, he he reached out for anything to hit the dog away. But all he could get was his slipper. He flipped over from his belly and slapped Nurung away with his slipper.

 

Dubu was leaving deeper wounds on his legs, making a small puddle of blood on the floor. Sunggyu almost couldn't breathe. He kicked Dubu in the face, silently apologizing in his mind. He grabbed his shoulder and tried getting up. He got up, only to have Coco jump and scratch his back. He skidded on the floor, this time closer to his phone. Dubu and Nurung took advantage and started biting again. Dubu was ripping his shirt and leaving bite marks all along Sunggyu's back. Nurung meanwhile took the chance to attack Sunggyu's face.

 

Sunggyu held Nurung away enough so that his teeth were nowhere near his face, but paws had enough speed to at least cut his cheek. Sunggyu kicked and wiggled, but the dogs just kept coming back. He decided to start rolling. Maybe then he could dislodge Dubu from his stomach and Coco from his legs.

He rolled hard and fast, knocking into the wooden doghouse Infinite had built for them. He pulled away from the stunned dogs and snatched his phone up, running into the closest bedroom and slamming the door shut. He leaned against the door, sliding down and sitting down. He took a deep breathe and using his shaky fingers, called first the dog expert at the pound.

 

As Sunggyu dialed, he could hear the dogs scratching at the door. He ignored them and focused on the call.

 

“The dogs are attacking me. I think I triggered something in their mind after using the word 'bleach' What should I do?”

 

The dog expert told Sunggyu to stay there and that he would call animal control and be there as well in 15 minutes. Sunggyu hung up and tried to call his manager, but got no answer.

 

'He must be with the members'

 

Then he tried called Dongwoo. He was the oldest and was the best choice to be taken seriously. But dismayed, Dongwoo didn't pick up his phone and Sunggyu tried Woohyun next. But Woohyun actually picked up. Sunggyu almost cried in relief.

 

“Woohyun, help. The dogs attacked me”

 

But it seemed like Woohyun wasn't paying attention at all. Maybe he hadn't even heard Sunggyu at all, since the members in the background were very loud.

 

“Yes hyung, we'll come back in a few hours. Bye have fun”

 

And like that he was dismissed. Have fun? Oh he was having fun all right, Sunggyu face palmed. He looked at himself. He had bites and scratches all over, his face was throbbing, his muscles were in even more pain. And he could barely move, he was sitting in a somewhat small puddle of blood. His clothes weren't hanging on properly and he was barefoot. He suddenly grew tired. He felt his eyes closing and Sunggyu looked around, trying to find something comfortable to sleep on. Grabbing a pillow from Hoya's bed, he fell asleep waiting from animal control to come.