I'm not done.

Untitled

Chapter 3

 

“Umma! I’m gonna go to the studio!”

“Yah, you punk! You just came in to get money from me didn’t you?!”

“Umma~ SARANGHAAAAEEEE!”

“You better make me proud someday!”

” ;) “

My umma is the sweetest. She’s the best. She supports my every decision and guides me through it. Nothing better than that. We get into fights sometimes, but no problem is left unsolved between us. The biggest argument we had was when I auditioned to Cube Ent without telling her. She just didn’t want me to ruin my education and get hurt when I go out there. But! I will never abandon my education, I need it to show people what I’m made of. Going out there, I don’t think about it that much. I probably won’t care about it as long as I’m trying my best; take it or leave it.

Ah~ I need to stop thinking about these and focus. I put on my earphones, volume on maximun, as I prepare my mind for training. 

“Oh! Jiyoon~ah annyeong!”

"Oy! Jeon Jiyoon!"

I turned as someone tapped me on the shoulder.

“Oh~ Oppa, what are you doing here?”

“Gonna go meet Junhyung, we have rap lessons today~”

“Oh..”

“I heard about it……..”

“Hah, it’s nothing, don’t worry about it”

“ANYWAYS!" his voice rose to ease the awkwardness "Why do you still practice here? You know we have a practice room in the company right?”

“I’m just… used to this place. So…..”

It’s true, this place is like… my second home. Everything, I think I’ve done everything in this studio.

Cry happy and sad tears.

Working out until I collapsed.

Danced like there’s no tomorrow.

Sang like a happy bird.

There will be no other place better than this.

 

“That’s true. You’ve been practicing here since high school~ But umm.. I’m gonna go, I’ll see you around?”

“Yups, good luck with your lessons”

Doojoon oppa, of all the older guys around he’s the only one I call oppa. He just…..seems like an older brother. He gives off that feeling of safety and comfort, like a good big brother would.

I walk up to the dance studios and turned the knob, "What? No one told me it's closed today....." I said to myself.

/clicks/
Oh! Finally, the door’s unlocked. But…. no one ever locks it from the inside, that’s weird.

“Hyung, I’m going now! I’ll be back after lessons!”

“Okay! Be careful!”

Sh!t. What the hell is Junhyung doing here? He’s got a nice cozy practice room back at Cube. Urgh, no time for this, gotta go hide. /sneaks up to a tiny alley way/ I guess this is safe?

“Oy!” his voice. He found me.

“HAAAA!” I turned so I can walk out of the alley way and go straight to the studio but…..

 

“Did you really think you can hide from me, forever?” he was already blocking the way.

Looking superior like always.

 

“Not really. But I did hope so. Now if you’ll excuse me…..” I tried to push him out of the way but he just won’t budge.

“And where do you think you’re going? I’m not done talking yet.”

“But I am, I have nothing to say and I don’t need to hear anything from you, so please move out of my way.” I pushed him with all my strength, but nothing. “Fine, shoot.”

“Where were you going that night?”

“Why do you care?”

“No questions, just give me answers. Now, where did you go after storming of like that?”

“You’re not my boyfriend anymore. That’s my answer. Happy? Now, move.”

“Give me a proper answer or I won’t let you go.”

“I went out with Gayoon, his boyfriend and 3 other guys” I try to push him again, but this time he managed to get his arms around me. “Let go, I have practice!”

“Your Umma called me three nights ago, wondering if I was with you. She was worried sick. It was 4 in the morning.” he went on putting his head on my shoulder.

“My Umma’s fine, I was just there.”

“Where did you spend the night?”

“At Gayoon’s” I said releasing myself from his arms.

“Look at me straight in the eyes and tell me you were at Gayoon’s,” I looked up and see worry and angst in his eyes. Why is he being like this? Why is he making this so hard for me?

“I…was.. at.. I uh.. I…..stayed at Seungho`s,” I said avoiding his gaze.

“F^ck!” he yelled punching the graffiti covered wall.

“Move.” I said trying to sound as emotionless as possible.

“I’m not done.”

“MOVE.”

“I said I’m not done, just give me a few more minutes.”

“Yah~ Yong Junhyung, WE ARE DONE. YOU put an END to US a week ago, remember?”

“That’s not…..”

“Not what? Huh? Just let me through, let’s just go our own ways, okay?” This time I pushed him gently. A part of me was wishing he would stay still and not let me go, but he did. He moved out of the way and stayed silent watching me walk away from him.

“YAH! JEON JIYOON!” I heard his voice call out, but I ignored it. I hear his footsteps but I didn’t stop walking…..until he caught up to me and grabbed my wrist.

“You… please be careful,” he said with a whisper while letting go of my body. My tears started flowing as I walk away not saying anything, not even looking back. My mind was blank, I just kept on walking letting my subconscious take me somewhere far from him.