Preparation

So Close
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal POV

my other playing ground or should I say, house.. it’s not as big as we owned last time.. but it’s comfy enough.. but only had one bedroom and one couch at the living room that connected to my sanctuary.. the desk.. also small backyard and terrace just big enough for us to practice a bit.. but at this house, the computer not as high technology as I owned at my previous house.. but still enough to run the program my father has created.. we had small parabola to connect to the satellites.. but still.. me and my sister already modified the program to be more efficient and effective.. I need to update it on this computer..

“let me finished updated some programs we need first.. you can go and take some rest if you want..” I told her concerning her condition like that.. she already yawning almost 20 times since she got here..

“don’t mind me.. I’ll accompany you until you finished..”

“get some rest.. we will need some energy for tomorrow night..”

“I want to ask you something.. why do you choose a job like this?” she said while leaning herself on the couch.. I stop a while from typing.. and think about it..

“I just want to finished what the police can’t do..” I said in a cold tone..

“what triggers you?”

“my parents death.. that the police never arrest the man behind all those.. before you ask who, it’s the same person who framed you up, the same person who wants to killed my sister and me, the same person who give us a job to killed Mr Chow and Mr Lee..” I explained in a straight tone

“you know that you just confess all your crime to the police right?” she asked confusedly

“I know.. you can arrest me after we done this if you want.. my goal is only to take him down forever..”

“what about your sister?”

“she had her girlfriend that will take care of her.. you can blame me with all those crime my sister did too.. but please leave her alone.. she deserve happy life..”

“you sure really something.. I never expected to work with an assassin like you nor your sister.. I mean.. I'm a police officer..” she still look me as a criminal mastermind.. of course.. I will never had a chance to be together with her.. I smiled bitterly while still looking at my computer screen..

She got up from the couch and heading to the kitchen.. I can hear she’s making something..

“here.. I hope this might help..” she handed me a cup of warm coffee..

“actually I rarely get coffee.. but since you already made this for me.. thank you..” I smile to her..” and I’m done updating the program.. it should be run properly now..” I began to run the program

 

She grabbed one seat and sit next to me.. looking on the screen and I can feel her breath close to me.. my heart beating faster than ever.. Amber.. why are you doing this to me when I know for sure I can’t ever have you to be mine?

“whoa.. you can get a birds eyes from every corner of this city with that.. this must be the program that your sister use to help you when I chased you right? And you are the one who use it when you lead your sister to escape on Mr Chow’s building..”

“yes..”

“is this the reason that TOP killed your parents?”

“yes..”

“could you speak a little more longer than yes??”

“your question is only about yes or no.. what should I say?”

 

“okay.. let’s just focused on tomorrow’s mission..” she was giving me a loud defeated sigh..

“first, I’ll tell you about this program, and how to use it.. because you’ll be the one who operate this and guide me..”

And I told her everything about this program.. fortunately, she’s smart like me and my sister.. and also she’s fast learner.. so.. I have no problem teaching her about anything..

 

“it’s not that hard using this program.. this can even make a fake image on others screen.. cool.. you and your sister, I'm speechless..” she said in amazed.. I can’t help it but blushed on her compliment

“thank you but it’s my fathers who made this.. me and my sister only add some things to make it more efficient and effective.. also.. user friendly..”

“still.. you have to be an IT genius to do that..” she shrugged her shoulder and lean back to her seat while sipping on her coffee mug..

 

“your boyfriend?” I asked her while showing Key is apparently still at the office.. looks like he got stressed or something.. I got curious what will she said about him..

“what boyfriend?”

“that person.. Key…”

“no he’s not.. I prefer someone that aggressive enough.. he’s just too passive.. he’s nice but.. not my type.. beside, he’s not as smart as he looks like.. hahaha..” she laughed.. I’m glad that he’s not her type but.. still..

“I want to ask you something.. if I’m not an assassin, would you choose me or him?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Amber POV

What kinda question is that?!! I prefer answer a math problem or solving a case rather than answer that..

“what do you mean by that?” argh! Pabo! Why would I ask her like that??!!

“just… forget it.. I already know the answer either.. you already said earlier that you’re police officer and I’m just an assassin.. criminal mastermind..” I can feel a pang on my heart when she said that.. somehow I can feel she’s lonely.. now what you have done Amber?! you hurt her feelings.. why are you doing this to me Krystal? Why do I feel like this? I never bothered with others feelings before..

“I-I—“ she cutted me and walk away from her computer towards the terrace..<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter