At Work (II)

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yunho gazed at the view visible from his office and sighed. Working was such a boring thing to do…he never understood how people could manage to do it at all. He glanced back at his desk and groaned at the thick file siting there. The file summarized every little detail of the business and as Siwon had very kindly informed him, Yunho was expected to memorize each word in that file. He walked over to his desk, picked up the file and flipped it open. The first page was all about sales numbers and statistics. Just looking at them made him sleepy. What was worse that he couldn’t even make the head and tail of the whole thing? Were these sales good or not? He mused for a while and then came to the conclusion that since he was still rich, it should mean that business was good. Satisfied with his analysis, he went to the second page and his eyes were immediately drawn to the footnote at the bottom.

++As noted in the statistics provided earlier, there has been a significant drop in the sales of the XX item in the second business quarter. If the sales continue to follow the pattern of this last quarter, the advertising strategies may have to be rethought or the product may have to be withdrawn from the market.

Well…that was bad. He went back to the first page to see where this analysis came from but again, didn’t understand anything. Damn, he should have paid attention in class. He closed the file and threw it on the table. Who cares if he understood this or not? He was rich enough to hire people who could…and one such person was already available to him.

Suddenly, there was a knock on his door and after a moment; it opened to reveal the man he had been thinking about – Kim Jaejoong.

Jae walked over to where Yunho was standing and stopped a few feet away. He then extended his hand and for the first time, Yunho noticed the file he was carrying. “What is this?”

“Your father decided to put you in-charge of the Park Company’s account. This file provides a summarized dossier on the company so you can get familiarised with their products and type of services they require from us.”

Yunho numbly took the file from his hands and started leafing through it as Jae continued. “The meeting for the first pitch is set for two days from now. Your father wants you to finish this as soon as possible so you can start working on your presentation.”

“Is he serious? This is like 300 pages in total…It would take me ten years to finish reading this.”

Jae shrugged his shoulder showing his disinterest in Yunho’s problem.  Yunho shoved the file back at Jae as he stated, “You read this and then fill me in on the details.”

Jae shook his head. “I can’t. Mr. Jung specifically asked me not to. He wants to make sure you do this.”

“Yah…are you my personal assistant or his?”

“Technically I am yours but seeing how Mr. Jung is the ultimate boss, I prefer to follow his order more.”

“Yah…don’t forget, I am your boss and hold the power to fire you.”

“Actually, you don’t.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, it was stated in my employment contract that only your father can dismiss me.”

“What the hell?” Yunho stared at Jae’s face intently trying to look for a sign that indicated that he was lying but found none. Guess he really was powerless. Well this called for a change in the approach. “Jaejoong, please help me.” Yunho pouted cutely, “I still have one other file to read. I really need your help. Please!”

Jaejoong in his breath when he saw Yunho looking at him with that cute pout. His lips which already were a temptation to Jae looked even more alluring. He wanted to take a bite out of them. Unknowingly, Jae’s face began to heat up as he kept staring at his expression.

Noticing the lust

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter