At Work ^ _*

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Dad, are you serious? You want me to start working?” Yunho asked perplexed, “I just returned from Paris…I haven’t even recovered from jetlag yet.”

“Yunho, you have been doing nothing but sleep for the past two days.” His father commented, staring at him dead on.

“Well…umm…I-I wasn’t r-really…Aish Dad, I just don’t want to work right now. Please!” Yunho tried to make the cutest expression. He knew they always worked on his dad.

“Stop that…it’s not going to work this time. You need to start learning about your legacy. I have already picked a personal assistant for you who will help you in getting settled. Starting tomorrow, you have to be at the office at nine sharp.”

“But—”

“That’s final Yunho. Don’t push me to take drastic measures.”

“Fine. If that’s what you want, I will make you fire me.”

“Try your best.” His dad replied nonchalantly.

Yunho stomped out of his father’s room. He hated responsibilities and such. Why couldn’t he just carry on his life as it was in the present? His life really as of this moment. Paris had been a disaster and this wasn’t working for him either. ARRRRGGHHH!!! If his dad thought he could trap him like this, he was so wrong and he would show that to his dad.

 

Yunho woke up early next day and quickly got ready in order to be able to accompany his father to the head office of their company. On arriving downstairs, he greeted his dad, who frankly speaking was a little surprized and a little happy at Yunho’s promptness. After having breakfast together, they both set off for work. As they were entering the building, Mr. Jung started to give some pointers to Yunho.

“Yunho, be very careful with how you deal with your fellow colleagues. They can be your best support or your worst enemy depending on your behaviour towards them. Also, as I told you, I have already picked out a PA for you. Make sure that you develop a good relationship with him. If everything works out, he can end up staying by your side for a long time and it would be helpful in the future. Since it’s his first job too, I will be placing you both under Siwon’s guidance.”

“What? Why Siwon dad? I hate that I-am-perfect Siwon.”

“Stop complaining. He is the best in his field and moreover, I trust him.”

“Well, I don’t trust him a bit.”

“Yunho” Mr. Jung said as they both stepped on the elevator, “I think it’s best if from here on you get it through your head: Your opinion doesn’t matter here. Siwon is your senior; respect him and follow his instructions—”

“Wait…so I, Jung Yunho, am supposed to follow an order from a mere worker in my company?”

His father turned towards him as he stated, “From here on, you aren’t Jung Yunho, the only heir of this company. You are Yunho, a new and humble worker willing to learn the ropes of the business.”

“What’s the point though?” Yunho continued to whine. “We both know in the end you will be dead and I will end up being the owner of this company. Once I am the owner, I will hire the best people in the world to take care of the company. The company will continue to prosper; I would continue to enjoy my life…everybody wins.”

Mr. Jung shook his head. Yunho really tested his patience at times. He couldn’t believe that he was his son. How could he be such a lazy ?

“Yunho, sometimes I really worry about what you can do to my company?”

“Huh?”

The elevator bell dinged, signalling their arrival on the designated floor. “Follow me.” Mr. Jung led Yunho to a large office space, with a strikingly contempora

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter