The Next Morning

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yunho woke up as the sun’s ray touched his face, taking him away from a world filled with pleasurable dreams. His lips stretched in a wide grin. He didn’t know why but this morning he felt utterly content. He turned his face to look at the angel sleeping beside him. His smile slipped as he saw an empty bed, with a pillow propped up and a note stuck on it. He snatched the note and read it:

 

Yunho,

Please don’t forget our deal.

I hope you can keep your word and never again mention last night.

Regards,

Jaejoong

 

Yunho laughed after reading the message. How could anyone, he had just slept with, be so impersonal with him? Still in an amused mood, Yunho fully woke up and quickly got ready. He then, set on the very enjoyable task of locating his prey. Yunho was happily gliding along the hallway when he abruptly stopped and grew angry at the scene playing in front of him. He rushed to the scene…

“Yah…what are you doing here?”

Siwon and Jaejoong, who were deeply engrossed in what looked like a serious discussion, looked up at the sudden interruption.

“Ah Yunho, I see you are still rude as ever.” Siwon commented.

Yunho pushed Jae aside with his body so he, not Jae, was in front of Siwon. “Glad to have reconfirmed the fact. Now, what are you doing here?”

“Actually your dad sent me to check up on you, especially after your debacle with our business associates here in Paris.”

“Yah…I told you; it wasn’t my fault.”

“Well, your father doesn’t believe you.”

“What the hell?” Yunho turned towards Jae and brought him forward, “It was him. Ask him, he slashed my clothes and took my money. Ask him.”

Jae turned his innocent face on as he stared at Siwon and then Yunho “What are you saying? I never touched your things.”

“Aish…don’t lie—”

Siwon suddenly intervened. “Leave it, Yunho…don’t put your blame on others. It’s disrespectful…just own up to your mistakes.”

“But, I didn’t…Aargh!!” Yunho let out a frustrated sigh. “Seriously, he was behind it.” Yunho said once again, pointing in Jae’s direction.

Siwon stared back at him and Yunho could see the distrust in his eyes. “Fine, don’t believe me. I don’t even know why I am wasting my time on this matter.”

With that said, he walked away from them; but stopped midway and returned to capture Jae’s wrist and pull him along.

“Yah…what are you doing? Take your hand off my wrist.” Jae yelled.

“Shut up.”

All of a sudden, Yunho’s hand was ripped of Jae’s wrist as Siwon stated, “You should really pay attention to what others are saying.” Siwon moved in front of Jae to shield him from Yunho.

On seeing this, Yunho turned his furious eyes on Siwon and said in a barely controlled tone, “Choi, this doesn’t concern you. Leave us alone.”

“I won’t…I consider Jae as a friend and can’t let him go with a tyrannical person.”

“Since, when did you guys become friends? How long have you even known each other?”

“Friendship has nothing to do with time.”

“Yah…just leave. Remember, you work for my father and I can get you fired in a second if you disobey me.” Yunho boasted.

“Actually young master, with the way the things stand right now; he is more likely to reprimand you than me.”

Yunho didn’t say anything because he knew Siwon was telling the truth. His father would probably never fire Siwon, not even for him. Before he could reply, Jae came in between them.

“Calm down both of you.” Jae looked at Siwon, “Thanks for protecting me Siwon but there really is no need. I can take care of myself.” Yunho smirked, happy that Jae didn’t prefer Siwon. However, his happiness was short lived as he was Jae’s next target, “And you Jung, keep your hands off me. I am not your property, so don’t treat me as one.” Jae dared him to try and deny it. “Now if both of you are done, can we go for breakfast. I am starving.”

“Sure…” Siwon answered.

“Wait…why are you tagging along?” Yunho asked him, “Don’t you have any important office stuff to deal with?”

“No. Didn’t I tell you? Your father wants me to keep an eye on you for the remainder of the trip.”

“Eye on me? What am I…a baby?”

“Apparently, your father thinks so.”

“WHAT??”

Jae laughed at the expression of horror on Yunho’s face. It was halfway between anger and bafflement…a truly comic expression. At hearing the tinkling laughter, both men’s eyes swirled to stare at the gorgeous person as he threw his head back and laughed with full abandon…so beautiful…so captivating…

Jae controlled his laughter as he announced, “Seriously, you guys are so amusing…just like a pair of bickering girls.” Jae expected an answer but when none came, he looked up to find both men’s eyes on him and blushed deeply. Embarrassed he turned away from them. “Let’s go…e-eat.” He stuttered, leading the way. He didn’t even bother to look back to confirm if the other two were following him or not.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter