The End of Hell.

Spring's First Love

THIRD POV

Luhan had no idea how long he sat there, on the floor, his back firmly against his shut front door. Kai's sudden confession had him shocked; multiple thoughts were crossing his mind that threatened to make him go haywire. That his, supposed unrequited love, was not so unrequited after all. Luhan knew he loved Kai in that way but he already accepted the fate of staying as just friends when he saw Kai kiss his boyfriend, Kyungsoo in the winter. Well pretend boyfriend.

What Kai said to him, replayed over and over in his head that Kai was stupid enough to get a pretend boyfriend in order to make Luhan love him. Just with that notion, it got Luhan laughing. Bitter sweet laughing that if Kai or he had the balls to tell each other their feelings, they would’ve easily been together all these years. Although the feeling of ‘what ifs’ had him feeling bitter, the fact that if Kai had not done that, he would have never met Sehun. Through the whole confusion and mess of feelings and thoughts in his head, he had Sehun in his heart to pull him out of that chaos. His heart swelled at the thought of the younger, a smile played onto his lips and his hand fumbled through his pockets, bringing out his phone and dialling the number he came to memorise. Only after a few rings, did Sehun answer, the happiness hardly hiding beneath his tone.

“Luhan?”

Luhan chuckled, the voice of Sehun easily erasing the feeling of confusion from earlier.

“Hey Sehun, how was your day?”

“It was normal, except Kai picked me up from school today.”

This was news to Luhan, his interest peaking and his mind whirled into overdrive, trying to connect the dots of how Kai went from speaking to Sehun, to Luhan and now Kyungsoo. He decided o act nonchalant, grinning to himself and the new found happiness bubbled in his stomach. He was truly happy for his friend to be love, even if it isn’t him.

“Really? That’s weird.”

“Yeah, I think he needed someone to talk to, don’t know why, something about letting go, happiness or unhappiness? I don’t know but he was hella weird, I just know everyone is going to ask about him!-” Sehun whines, continuing to talk about how Kai will cause him unwanted attention to himself. Luhan chuckled, knowing full well that although Sehun was a wallflower, he had quite a bit of attention due to his looks. Not that Luhan is going to tell him.

“-and now he was saying he was going to test me if I’m suitable to be your boyfriend till the end of Hell! It’s not funny! Hell never ends, hyung!!”

Sehun’s frantic and unusual panic had Luhan laughing out loud, his hand unconsciously dropping the phone onto the floor as Luhan curled up into a ball, laughing so hard that he cried from the sheer ridiculous situation his best friend had caused. Even though the phone wasn’t to his ear, he could hear Sehun whining and shouting from the other end. Luhan carefully wiped his tears and picked up the phone, occasional giggles coming out of his mouth and listened to Sehun grumbling about how Luhan didn’t understand the situation. Luhan listened intently; a calm smile and easiness surged through his body. He was happy like this, he was happy with Sehun and he sure as hell is definitely not going to miss this chance with the other.

“Hey Sehun.”

“Hmm? Yeah hyung?”

“Do you want to be my boyfriend?”

“... I can’t believe you’re asking me over the phone.”

“Is that a no?”

“As if! I like you a lot, hyung. I just wished I got to ask you face to face first.”

Luhan giggled, finding it cute how Sehun wanted things to be traditional and heartfelt.

“Well it’s too late now, but I’m curious. Tell me how you would have asked me.”

Luhan heard Sehun hum in thought before getting up and deciding to lay on his sofa in the living room, waiting for Sehun to speak.

“Well I would walk to your house, in a suit and tie-“

“-who the hell does that?”

“Hyung, don’t interrupt!”

Luhan chuckled, leaning his head back onto the sofa.

“okay okay, carry on.”

“Anyway I walk up to your house in a suit and tie, looking super handsome, more handsome than I usually am.”

Luhan let out a giggle, imagining Sehun in a suit and tie and he must admit, even in his head Sehun looks good.

“I’ll have a small bouquet of flowers in one hand and in the other hand, Ben&Jerry’s ice cream, because chocolate is overrated and in my pocket; a memory stick full of totally legally downloaded movies.”

The sarcasm wasn’t hard to miss; Luhan added all of these details to his imagination, with a short film of Sehun going through the trouble to download movies without alerting any sort of police of his illegal activities. He could imagine the cheeky grin, Sehun would have on his face and that sent butterflies in his stomach.

“and I would take a deep breathe before stepping up to your door.” The sound of whoosing air came through the ear piece, making Luhan giggle. “and I would knock on the door, four times. Three cause it’s normal to and a fourth one for good luck.”

Luhan was about to comment on that before he could hear a knock against his front door, then another and another, there was a pause before he heard the fourth knock. Luhan with wide eyes, steadily got up from the sofa, walking slowly back to his front door, the phone firmly pressed against his ear. Luhan could feel his heartbeat speed up and it pulses inside his ears.

“and I would wait for you to open the door, let you be stunned at what’s going on and I would give you this smile that practically screams ‘arrogant’ and chuckle at how ridiculous you look, staring at me before asking you if you would be my boyfriend.”

Luhan shakily reached out and unlocked the door, the click resonating through his hallway and he opened the door and what he saw, had his body going numb and his brain to shut down.

There on his doorstep was.... Nothing.

“Eh?” Luhan stood there, staring at nothing out of the ordinary, no one stood out his door and all he heard was laughing through his phone.

“How was that Hyung? I think I did pretty well.”

“I’M GOING TO KILL YOU, OH SEHUN!” Luhan screamed into the phone, his face turning red from the embarrassment, he even stomped his feet in frustration about how he was so easily played, his eyes shutting from the sheer sudden need for Sehun suffer. In the middle of his tantrum, soft chuckles reached his ears and arms wrapped around him, pulling him into a broad chest, a heartbeat that was not his own softly beating along his own.

“Sorry if I’m not wearing a suit and tie or have ice cream and flowers” Sehun laughed softly, nuzzling his face into Luhan’s hair, the scent of lemon shampoo, mixing with the scent that Luhan naturally has, filled his nose and it brought waves of unsettled calmness over him. “I do however have that memory stick full of movies, if you want to watch.”

Luhan huffed in defiance but easily fell into his embrace, slowly stepping back into his house, guiding the other back into his house without the need to separate their bodies. Sehun following along and kicked the door shut behind him.

“You’re so horrible, what happened to your pure, innocent and child-like personality?”

Luhan whined, as the two of them stood, in the hallway, holding each other. The two of them didn’t let go and instead enjoyed each other’s embrace.

“It probably went with your cool and collected adult personality that seemed to have disappeared a few minutes ago.” Sehun grinned, probably enjoying how Luhan whined inn embarrassment and snuggled further into his chest.

“Shut up, brat.”

“Make me.”

 

The night was filled with laughter, hushed whispers and kisses, and they all did nothing but gave happiness to the two. As it is only the end that gives way to a new beginning to their new relationship.