Passover.

Spring's First Love

Luhan’s POV

His last delivery was a total of 15 minutes away from my house, 10 with the traffic of people coming home from work and then an extra 30 minutes to drive in to town, find a coffee shop, order from the coffee shop and sit down at the coffee shop. Overall 55 minutes of being with Kyungsoo and the only words we exchanged was; “what do you want?” “Caramel Latte.” “Okay.”

I know I’m bad at making new friends but never this bad!

I’m just sipping my latte, facing Kyungsoo who’s chosen a more mature option of an Americano, looking at it and also sipping his drink quietly. Damn I didn’t know the childish Kai would get such a mature boyfriend.

“So, what do you do, Kyungsoo? Besides erm , being a pizza delivery guy.”

“I’m doing a University course in English language and literature, it’s pretty cool.”

“Cool..”

I know he was talking but he spoke with an uninterested tone and never once looked up from his coffee. I chuckled awkwardly before retreating back to staring anywhere but this guy in front of me. I don’t know how long we quietly sat there but I know it must’ve been well over 10 minutes.

“So you and Kai have been friends for a long time, right?”

I blinked in surprise, Kyungsoo is making conversation with me!

“Yeah since he and I joined this dance club when we were both in High School, we were dorks back then, well Kai is still a dork. I’ve learnt to hide my dorky side.”

“Yeah, you’re right about that.”

His head lifted and his lips curve up in amusement and it stunned me for a second, this was the first time I ever seen this kind of emotion on Kyungsoo. All the times I have seen him, his face had been stoic and wide eyed but one mention of Kai and his face lights up. It has an expression that I’ve seen before.

“Have you seen his room yet? I bet it still hasn’t changed” I grinned. Kyungsoo returned it with a cheekier grin.

“If you’re talking about all the Popororo and Krong stuff, then you’re spot on.”

It then just suddenly clicked the tension between us just dissolved and we started talking to each other like we didn’t just met a few days ago. Kyungsoo got more involved with our conversation, he was friendly, cute, amusing and he provided good opinions and advice; the way his enthusiasm increased whenever we talked about our dreams and hopes. Though I noticed, he looked happiest whenever the conversation moved on to Kai. I know he’s Kai’s lover but the way he lapped up everything I say about Kai, he took it in like it was treasure. I smiled at the thought. Kai certainly picked one way out of his league.

“What’s so funny?” Kyungsoo playfully smiled and laughed lightly, he was pretty cheerful when he isn’t being shy and awkward which I found out that is how he usually is.

“Nothing really, though you could consider it funny.” I chuckled back and leaned over to ruffle his hair. “I’m just thinking Kai picked a good one.” Kyungsoo’s smile dropped and his face formed an expression of utter embarrassment, his cheeks turning pink and began to fiddle his already finished coffee; which made me laugh at, the kid is too cute.

“I think you got it the wrong way round, Luhan. Kai is waaaay out of my league.” Kyungsoo mumbled and I just tsked. Naive kid.

“Trust me, as his best friend. I know what his league is and what isn’t and you sir, are way on a higher level than he is.” I stood up and stretched, it’s been over 2 hours since we got absorbed in to our conversation. “You’re a much better lover to him then I’d ever be.” I grinned at Kyungsoo, his already wide eyes, widening in surprise. I feel surprised too.

“W-what? You like Kai?” He looked heartbroken. Must be insecurity, I shook my head and smiled slightly.

“I loved him actually, past tense. Don’t worry though I found someone who probably makes my face light up the way your face does whenever I mention Kai.” Oops, more blushing, I laughed and held out my hand to Kyungsoo who just stared at me curiously.

“I, Xi Luhan, best friend of Kai. Formerly acknowledge that Do Kyungsoo is most likely the love of Kai’s life and probably too good for him.”

Kyungsoo just blinked and he took my hand, using his other hand to hide his face and I heard him sniff.

“Thank you.”

I just smiled and pulled him in to a hug.

“You’re welcome, I’m trusting you with him.”

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the long wait!! I've been having an important year! Haahaha too much exams, too much stress but soon it will be over! Look forward to the next one? I'm sorry for making you wait ;~~; I love you <3