Received.

Spring's First Love

THIRD POV

Today, after school as Sehun was walking out off the premises. He saw someone who looked awfully familiar to him yet it was someone who was unfamiliar to the school. Wearing casual clothing that looked like top fashion brands on him, he was leaning against his own school's sign, it was of course a rare sight to see. This occurence was also apparent to the stares and whispers from the rest of his school mates who either stared blatantly at him as they passed or stood a distance away to giggle and google at the intruder. 

Sehun's brow was furrowed in concentration, as his mind went in to overdrive as to why this tanned male was so familiar. The realisation hit him just as the male's eyes made contact with his. Kai. 

The said male, kicked himself off the wall and came walking towards Sehun's direction. Sehun widened his eyes in surprise and slowed down his pace, able to see the people around him whispering in excitement that the handsome tanned, probably male model seuperstar was going to approach them. As Kai came closer, his face unreadable as he closed in on Sehun, he could see people were slowly catching on that it was him, that Kai was coming to see. His palms became clammy at the attention as soon as Kai stopped in front of him with a wide smile and hugged him, shouting his name happily.

"SEHUN! I've been waiting for you for ages! Are you busy? Let's hang out or something!" Kai chuckled, throwing his arm around Sehun's shoulder and becmae guiding him out to the school gates. Sehun nervously mumbling.

"Kai-sshi? How did you know I go to this school?"

"Oh just through the standard stalking apps, you know"

Kai joked, or at least Sehun hoped he was joking, trying hard to block out the whispers his fellow school peers passed around. He was never really popular but he wasn't really unpopular. He was inbetween, a shadow. No one noticed him. Well untill Kai came and theoretically pushed him on a stage in the middle of a crowd with all the lights trained on him.

"Don't mind us~ Just getting my hella handsome friend out to hang out with me" Kai laughed, giving the people around them sweet smiles and charasmatic winks that sent girls and guys alike, swooning.

The moment they passed through the gates and not one of his student from his school was in sight that the awkwardness settled, Kai refused to remove his arm for a while and they both never really said anything. They carried on like that until eventually it was just those two walking along side by side, like strangers but not like strangers in a way. They both walked on, in what seemed like, a comfortable silence. For Sehun, it wasn't anything like that. He felt awkward as to why Kai seeked him out and then not say why he did, it was killing him with the curiousity until;

"Kai-ssi, why did you come and find me?"

Kai hummed in response, letting a few seconds go by before replying. "I wanted to see if letting go was a good thing."

Sehun furrowed his brows in confusion, this guy was confusing himself but he couldn't help but ask questions that he knew would have answers that he wouldn't understand the slightest. 

"And is it?"

Kai looked at him with a sad smile. 

"Maybe not to me, but it probably is for the best."

They carried on walking in silence for a few moments then, Sehun wasn't sure where they were walking to or if Kai even had an idea as to where they were walking to but he couldn't bring himself to leave for some reason. 

"I wonder why in order to make someone happy, someone else has to be unhappy."

Kai asked randomly, not directing it at anyone inparticular, probably to himself Sehun concluded. Sehun glanced at him before looking back to the path they seemed to have taken.

"Because sometimes thats how life goes; you have to give up something in order for it to be given away."

Kai looked at Sehun with an unreadable tone in his vioce. "You really think so?" Sehun nodded.

"It's an endless flow of giving and recieving. When you give something up, you give something away and when you give something away, you also recieve something twice as better as the last." 

Sehun said, he wasn't sure why he said that but in that moment he felt like it was something Kai needed to hear and it seemed like it was because Kai stopped in his tracks and when Sehun realised and looked back at him, quizically he was met with a genuine smile on Kai's face. "I guess you're right." Kai let out a chuckle that soon escalated to full blown laughter and for some reason after getting over the initial shock of Kai being just generally weird, Sehun joined in. Laughing with Kai at something he didn't really know what and as if no one was passing by and considering on calling for the men in the white jackets. The laughter soon died down and the two men just grinned at each other.

"You're an alright kid, Sehun." Kai chuckled and petted the boy on the shoulder "but that doesn't mean I entirely give Luhan to you. As his best friend I will vigourously test you til the end of Hell."

Sehun grinned, placing his hand on the other's shoulder. "then I'll wait til you do, til the end of Hell."

The two just chuckled and continued on til they parted on good terms with a wave of their hands and the exchanging of phone numbers. 

They both found the path they needed to go on;

Sehun to home,
and Kai to Luhan.