Skin Deep (One-Shot)

GD&VI; Drabbles/Oneshots/Poems/Songs

A/N: This is just a re-upload of the chapter that got deleted here when AFF was down. ><

--------

Underneath the layers of BB cream and powder is just Jiyong. Just Jiyong, a normal man who grows stubble in the evenings and has rough patches of skin. Just Jiyong, the friend who likes to skateboard and stay up late and live in the world of music.

Sometimes Seungri just watches from afar and admires Jiyong. Even from a far distance, Seungri can still see past all the caked-on makeup and perfectly-groomed hair. Seungri can see right through it, as if it was just a transparent layer of skin. Seungri takes pride in the fact that his eyes can see these kinds of hidden things.

Then, when Jiyong approaches Seungri, the layer just peels right off and Seungri truly feels like he's just talking to the less-perfect version of Jiyong that he knows. Seungri just looks into Jiyong's eyes and that's all he sees. Just those dark brown orbs, without the eyeliner or smoky eyeshadow.

And then,when Jiyong kisses Seungri and the lip gloss sticks to his lips, or he tastes that salty mix of sweat and melted foundation, or he feels the little hairs grazing his upper lipand chin, even then Seungri only sees the real Jiyong.

"Great job, everyone. Lets take a ten-minute break," the director announces. BIGBANG is currently shooting a new music video.

Watching from a safe distance as always, Seungri observes his hyung bow humbly to the staff members and makes his way to what Seungri recognizes as the bathrooms. BIGBANG is shooting inside one of those huge indoor studios with high ceiling and white walls, and Jiyong's expensive loafers clack against the cement floors, giving off a trail of echoes.

Seungri starts to worry when the director announces the filming will resume in five minutes. Jiyong hasn't left the bathroom so Seungri walks up to the director and asks for five more minutes. Seungri gives himself two more minutes to wait patiently and worry before he decides to knock on the door to the bathroom and see what's up.

"Hyung? Is everything okay? I asked the director for more time..."

Jiyong wasn't actually in a stall. The elder was leaning forward against the sink, dabbing at his face with shaking hands gripping a bundle of paper towels. Seungri looks at Jiyong's reflection in the bathroom mirrors andimmediately notices that the leader is crying. He doesn't notice the running trail of black swimming down Jiyong's cheeks, but he does see the look of pain in Jiyong's eyes.

"Hyung?"

"Aah, . I'm messing everything up..." the elder mumbles. Seungri walks over to Jiyong to get a closer look. Jiyong appears frantic, like that small trickle of insanity is trying to eat away at him again. Jiyong always strives for too much and ends up breaking himself. Seungri knows what this is about. He doesn't even have to ask.

"Jiyong, you're perfectly imperfect. Stop trying to be something you're not."

Seungri rests a hand on Jiyong's shoulder and stares into Jiyong's eyes, unwavering. A silent message travels back and forth in their eyes and then something clicks.

"Seungriyah..."

Jiyong looks away for a moment, biting his bottom lip and scrunching his eyebrows. Seungri gently palms Jiyong's jaw in his hands and turns his head back to him.

"Just be Jiyong. Fans like Jiyong more than G-Dragon anyway, right? More than any of your image concepts or whatever. Just show them Jiyong."

The elder's eyes start to water again while a smile plays at his lips and he lets out a laugh.

"You're like my makeup remover. I'd say I need a touch-up, but then I'd just feel bare-faced again after looking at you." He chuckles again and wraps his fingers around Seungri's wrist. Seungri's palm is black now ans he doesn't even know. Jiyong looks at the charcoaled hand and inspiration hits him.--"For our next concept, I'm going all-natural,"Jiyong muses. His eyes sparkle playfully.

"They'll love it," Seungri replies. Jiyong laughs and tells Seungri to wash his hands, letting go of his wrist and on his way to leave the bathroom. Seungri stares at Jiyong's back as he turns around and notices some hairs in the back of Jiyong's head are falling out of place.

Once he leaves, Seungri looks down at his hands and finally sees the dark makeup for the first time. He shakes his head and reaches for the faucet.

As the darkness washes down the drain, Seungri smiles.