Another Side Story to TIAA

GD&VI; Drabbles/Oneshots/Poems/Songs

A/N: For the longest time, I've wanted to try writing an original character/BB member fic. But gri keeps getting in the way.. XD So I just wanted to try it...by adding hints of gri from another story lol, This Isn't an Affair. This one is in Haneul's POV, my made-up girlfriend/wife of Seungri. XD omo this is weird, writing as a girl? I've been in Seungri's head for too long, I needed a break. XD

The story line is cliche but whatever. Sorry~ Gri doesn't even appear until the very end. XD This one-shot collection is where I can be experimental, so honestly I'm happy any time I even get a comment. ^^

 


 

I awake to the pressing of his lips down my neck, and its so ticklish that I swat his hand away.

"Hey!" he groans.

"Seunghyun," my voice croaks, throat dry in the morning. He's already threaded his fingers into my hair again, burying his nose into the back of my neck.

"Hmm, always smells like honeysuckle," he breathes happily, and I roll my eyes. He fluffs up my hair and I reach an arm behind me to wrap his head into my arm, pulling him closer.

"Let me get up, or I'll breathe my morning breath at you," I warn teasingly, and he immediately pulls away comically.

"Thank you, babe," I smile and he follows me into the bathroom as I brush my teeth. Seeing my reflection into the mirrors of his own apartment, it doesn't quite feel like me. We've been dating over a year now, but being so close to him still gives me butterflies. I don't live his lifestyle, I'm just an office worker who has her own bills to pay and a desk full of emails and papers to file through once she leaves this place for the daily nine to five.

Seunghyun stares at me as I spit into the sink and start rubbing facial creams on my face and I'm worried, always worried, that he thinks I'm ugly or not feminine or something. The usual. But he'll pull me into a man-ish headlock after doing such things and tell me I'm cute.

"Yah, why are you here? Stop staring," I complain. He raises his eyebrows and wriggles them aound, the goofball that he is, and I can't help but to laugh.

"There," he replies. "I was waiting for you to laugh."

"Yah! I can't laugh on my own?"

"Nope, you need me. Everyone does," he says as he sticks up his nose high into the air. Taming his ego has always been a hard task. I'd say Jiyong is the best at it.

I roll my eyes at him again and he sticks out his tongue before walking off to let me finish in the bathroom. He complains that he isn't appreciated enough in his Japanese that he thinks I don't know enough of by now after being with him, and I'm inwardly rolling my eyes at him yet again as I start applying BB cream.

Moving on to eye shadow with steady hands, my mind drifts back to how I met him.

--

It was an awkward time of my life. I was fresh out of college and interning at a computer company in Seoul. I had just trimmed off my hair into a long pixie and was trying to act more mature. Now with nothing to hide my face, I sort of abused my make-up collection. Not even a month of interning had passed when we had a large purchase from a Mr. Yang Hyun Suk, who I heard was buying new PCs for his studio just after announcing that he would retire in the next five years.

Because a part of me took great interest in computer programming and maintenance, I was selected with a few others to help set up the new PC models on the management's floor of the building. I tried not to think much of it, as surely I'd only be seeing staff reps and people in business suits. Of course I knew about YG Entertainment, but I wasn't necessarily a die-hard fan or anything.

Meeting Seunghyun was an embarrassing mistake at first. He'd stopped by to have a talk with his manager about upcoming schedules and his eyes would avert to the hired computer crew everytime it was his manager's turn to talk. When it was all said and done and I was about to head out to the hallways so I could reach the elevator, the dark, prickly-haired man with thick brows and wide-set nose known as Seungri had approached from behind me and cleared his throat.

I just stood there in shock as he reached out a hand, now in front of me, offering to shake hands.

"Hey, thanks for the help," he said, bowing as I shook his hand.

"No problem," I said as calmly as I could. He smirked and kept shaking my hand, perhaps as an excuse to keep me there.

"Hey," he started. "Umm. I'm a straight-forward guy, so i'm just going to say it."

My heart stopped.

"But umm, do you always wear that much on your face? Its such a waste."

All the blood rushed to my face, and I just stood there. Mortified.

The elevator doors closed and I immediately pulled out my compact mirror.

It wasn't until a few months that I saw him again, this time because a few of the computers in the management room were defective. I went through a phase of barely wearing any makeup, and I didn't think Seunghyun recognized me or even remembered me, but again he approached me by the elevators as I was on my way out.

"Hey," he called out to me again. "You look familiar."

"I wonder why," I replied, and I had no idea where the sass came from. I couldn't decide if he was a jerk for mortifying me earlier or a good guy for implying I didn't need to try so hard to be pretty.

"Are you wearing purple underwear today?" he asked, and again the elevator doors closed again.

It wasn't until I got home to my apartment that I saw the slip of paper slid into one of the back pants of my business suit trousers. It was true then, what I had heard about that guy. I didn't call him.

----

"Haneul?"

I snapped from my daze to find Seunghyun staring at me in the bathroom mirrors again. My face was finished and I quickly pulled out a button down shirt and pencil skirt from his closet. I refused to call it my own yet. I had only just moved in with him two weeks ago.

"You look so good," he smiled, moving closer to move his hands to my hips. I frowned at the tiled floor.

"You didn't think so at first," I said under my breath.

"Who says so?" he laughed. "I said you were putting your face to waste."

"That's not how you pick up girls," I replied. His hyena laugh had turned into a comfort.

"You listened though! You obviously cared enough to remember my words."

I shook my head and walked off. I was going to be late for work if he kept harassing me like that. Didn't he have his own people to harass?

So I smiled as I left his condo, remembering the rest of our story.

----

When my hair finally started to grow out, I decided to treat myself to a night on the town with some friends. Maybe a bottle of soju shared bewteen us and a clean club, that was all. I pampered myself shopping for a leather jacket I'd been lusting after and a few sets of new underwear and bras. My hair was reaching shoulder-length, so I straightened it out to make it appear longer.

Fate was a weird thing. My friends and I were allowed access into a club that probably shouldn't have let us in. Celebrities were there, photographers were there. I tried to shy away from them as much as possible, but a friend was pushing me closer and had her eyes on two men off in a corner. I followed her gaze.

Seunghyun. The very Seunghyun who's number I still had laying around somewhere on my dresser at home, was with a slightly taller guy. Petite, with good skin.

His eyes were fully focused on that man, unmistakingly one of my country's top idols. South Korea's very own. I turned around immediately, but my friend was forcing me to turn around again.

"He just looked at you when you turned," she whispered. I couldn't hear anything over the pulsing beat. I could hardly even see.

But every now and then,  the club lights, reds and yellows and blues, would illuminate the pair. Seunghyun's eyes were so dark, while his shoulders were so relaxed, and his fingers smoothed over the other man's arms.

I had the strangest feeling. Jealousy, maybe. Confusion. I wanted to be there, because when he looked like that, he didn't look like a jerk at all. He didn't look judgemental or full of himself or any of the things I had heard.

It wasn't until later that I realized that look was really only for him.

He turned his attention away from him, then, with eyes more alert. The DJ had just transitioned into a new song, and Seunghyun was searching the club until his eyes found mine.

"Yah!" he called out over the music, smiling and waving a hand over. "Purple underwear! Why didn't you call me?"

I figured I was just open for teasing, and this relationship probably wouldn't last long, and we were in a club, and I felt so dense. But Seunghyun had pulled me in somehow.

"Because that's not how you pick up girls!" I yelled back. His hyung whispered something into his ear, then, and he looked approving of whatever this was.


Well, yeah. Whatever this was.

---

"Are you having a good day at work?" Seunghyun calls me about an hour before I leave to go back home. There's laughing in the background.

"Its alright. Just thinking of you," I say wistfully into the reciever, typing up a report.

"Yah. Its true what I said this morning though," he tells me in his more serious tone. "You were always cute and pretty and I love you so much."

I shake my head again to myself.

"Love you too."

There are still so many things I'm confused about, but I'll let it go for now. Because hanging up is still hard and I guess I'm in love.