Place Your Trust in the Leader, Maknae! [One-Shot]

GD&VI; Drabbles/Oneshots/Poems/Songs

A/N: This is a sequel to Me or Music? ...I just felt like writing fluff. <3

-----------

"Of course I won't forget you, Seungriyah. I told you I love you more, remember?"

"You have to keep your word, hyung..."

"You still don't trust me?"

Memories flashed as Seungri's eyes focused on Jiyong's pinky finger. Two months had passed, and here they were, Seungri and Jiyong, back at the studio. But really it was more like Seungri was just accompanying Jiyong as he worked...and worked...and worked.

Tom's face was missing on that pinky finger.

Seungri wanted to speak up. He wanted to yell, quite honestly. But Jiyong was working away, scratching out imperfect lyrics on a scrap of paper and was bound to snap at him. So Seungri could only watch his hyung off in his own world as the minutes passed. He would wait for the right moment.

But the moment never came. An hour had passed when Jiyong put down his pen, turned off the computer, and stretched his arms to the ceiling as he yawned with a relieved smile.

"Ah~ Done, let's go home. I'm dead tired."

Seungri saw the darkness under the elder's eyes and sunk his shoulders in defeat. There were two things you absolutely could not do with Jiyong: object him when he's tired and interrupt him while he's working.

"Yeah, let's go."

The leader didn't even seem to notice the sadness in his maknae's voice. Hopefully things would be better tomorrow.

~~~

"Listen...hyung..."

Jiyong put down his chopsticks and lifted his eyes to the maknae. The two were at a small restaurant enjoying a light lunch before returning to the studio again.

"You still...love me, right?"

"Huh? Why are you-"

"Please just answer the question."

Jiyong's fingers drummed lightly against his mug of hot tea. He was sort of lost in thought for a moment, looking down at the ripples of the warm liquid.

"Seungriyah...I do. I really do. Just tell me why you can't seem to trust me."

Jiyong reached a hand out to fold over Seungri's clenched hands on the table. The elder's eyes were warm with concern. Seungri stared at Jiyong's pinky again.

"Tom...is missing."

Jiyong turned his attention to their hands and shot them frantically back up to see the maknae's face.

"You think I forgot?"

"..and you didn't say a word to me in the studio last night.."

"Seungriyah! I was working!"

The maknae's eyes started to water without him wanting them to.

"Exactly, hyung. I was there, and you were working..and Tom is missing..and-"

Jiyong leaned in and kissed his maknae softly on the cheek. He pulled back, eyes saddened.

"It broke. I hoped you wouldn't notice, but..."

The leader leaned back in his chair to pull something out of the pockets of a leather jacket he had draped behind his chair.

"I really wanted to hide it from you..."

Jiyong pulled out a bundle of tissue paper and set it on the table. His fingers delicately plucked the tape off the paper and unwrapped it.

"I promised the jewelers I would write them a song for endorsement if they could make this..That's what I was working on last night.."

In front of Seungri were two...charms? Pendants? They were made of silver, each a face of Tom and Jerry.

"They're charms. Proper ones. You can hook it on the bracelet I gave you..."

Jiyong reached a hand to Seungri's wrist, the wrist with the Chrome Hearts bracelet he had given him awhile back. The elder carefully hooked the Jerry charm through a gap of the metal and it stayed in place. As Seungri stared in awe at the new charm, Jiyong had hooked his Tom charm on his own bracelet.

"Please forgive me and accept this token of apology, Seungriyah. I tried not to break the ring, but it snapped yesterday."

"Hyung...when were you planning on telling me?"

"I wanted to finish the song first and pay them back first. You know how I don't like debts.."

Seungri flicked his wrist around and kept his eyes on the way the light reflected against the silver. It was such a precious gift and Seungri would surely treasure it. Jiyong smiled at his maknae.

Someday, one day, this Tom might break off too, but Seungri can at least trust that this will never break.

There will always be inspiration.

There will always be Seungri.