Defeat can only lead to Victory (One Shot)

GD&VI; Drabbles/Oneshots/Poems/Songs

A/N: So...I wanted to try writing something short and fluffy on my phone without having to physically write it out on paper first, which is all I do...so here I go? XD I'm still taking requsts, by the way~ and just letting you guys know that the AU two-shot (ch 17-18) will be turned into a chaptered fic. <3

----------------------

 

As Jiyong's new sneakers step into a mucky leftover rain puddle lying out on the curb of the sidewalk he uses to walk to his favorite convenience store, he just knows the rest of the day is going to be, well, just that: a crappy puddle.

"," he curses aloud, staring down at his classic white Nikes. Today wasn't the day to wear these. He sighs and bends over to roll up his skinny jeans as he examines the damage. There's a thin layer of mud filling all the ridges and grooves.

"Hey! You!"

Jiyong whips his head around to meet the angry eyes of an ahjussi behind him. Great, perfect.

"You better not step a foot into my son's store there like that, kid!"

Jiyong just barely remembers to close his mouth that was gaping open. He bows a few times and utters "sorry, sorry, I wasn't going to-"

The elder man is already shooing him away with a small umbrella, so Jiyong just has to give up this time. He'll have to borrow from Teddy or Seunghyun for a smoke.

But then it occurs to Jiyong that he's going to have to walk back to his apartment to change his shoes because he just isn't in the mood to shop for new ones. Again, he curses and storms off into the opposite direction of where he was walking.

Once he's back at the entrance way to his dorm, he quickly slips off his sneakers and heads straight to a hallway closet for towels and cleaning supplies. After delicately placing his shoes in the sink, he grabs a scrubbing brush and scrapes away the dirt and mud with warm water and soap. Shoes and clothes are like his other babies, besides his songs, so he takes careful attention to clean properly. It takes him about 10 minutes to get the sneakers just the way he wants, perfectly clean, purely white, and fairly dry.

His cell phone rings as he's back in his dressing room/walk-in closet looking for a darker, sturdier pair of sneakers or boots. He might as well change his jeans too, since the edges are still damp with rain water.

"Yah. Jiyong, get your back in the lab."

Jiyong rolls his eyes and glares at the ceiling.

"Oh come on, give me a in' break! I'm having one of those days okay?"

"Whoa, whoa. Okay, fine. I get it, its just-"

"Just what?"

"We're having some audio glitches,and we think you could fix it, and-"

"Yeah, yeah. Just give me like half an hour," Jiyong interjects, waving his other hand in the air vaguely. There's a moment of silence on the other phone followed by a ruffle of static, and the next thing he hears doesn't belong to the old producer friend who was just talking to him.

"Hyung! If it helps, I'm here, okay?"

Oh god. Seungri's there? Jiyong groans away from his reciever.

"Hyung! I'll make your day better! Promise!"

Jiyong hits his head against a wall of his closet dramatically so that Seungri can hear him.

"Hyung!"

"Not now. Let me change," Jiyong whines. Seungri makes a little sniffing noise on the other line, and Jiyong can already imagine the maknae blinking his eyes rapidly in that way he does.

"I'm not going to get there any faster no matter how many times you blink," Jiyong alerts him knowingly.

"Hey! I wasn't-"

Jiyong tsks and suddenly finds himself smiling like an idiot.

"Be there soon, you better keep your promise. I expect a good drink at my desk."

He hangs up then, probably leaving his maknae dumbfounded and scurrying about wherever he is to find a cafe or vitamin water machine.

Now dry and content, Jiyong wonders if that terrible rain puddle will still be there to greet him in the streets. But eh, who cares. Victory will keep his promise.