Recovery

Just a trainee

        "Take a deep breath, and slowly move your leg, we have all the time in the world," the therapist instructed, nodding at my foot. Inhaling deeply, I felt all the blood rush to my numb limb, flinching as I dragged it against the white mat. Starting to sweat, I scraped along the other leg, quietly laughing at the difficulty. Chuckling and shaking my head, I took another step, being applauded by a loud Chanyeol and a grinning Sehun.
      Smiling and waving, I lost my balance, holding onto my crutches. A drop of sweat dripped down my forehead, while I heard the blood pound in my ears. One more step I pushed myself, my body failing and giving out. Dropping to a kneeling position on my already on fire legs, tears started to flow down my cheeks. Even though I just woke up yesterday, I at least had thought my legs would be able to stand up by themselves. I guess I was wrong, sitting here on the cold hospital hallway.
      Chanyeol and Sehun rushed to my side, praising me for two meaningless steps. Sehun wiped my tears, as Chanyeol helped me sit down in the waiting room.
      "Yo. Yo. Yo. Okay. Let's go. Sehunnie's honey bunny, fell down and it wasn't funny. But al-" Chanyeol idiotically rapped, in the end having a nurse interrupt him. Patting his leg, Sehun followed me to the nurse who had called me next.
      She motioned for me to lay in the machine(LOL "Lay" in the "Ma-ma-ma-ma-machine" okay sorry but it was a cool punt!), while Sehun joined Seohyun Unnie and Chanyeol, their noses pressed up against the glass watching me. Slipping into the mini cushion, the machine moved me under a few red lasers, while a white light scanned my body. I blinked, randomly hearing Chanyeol's excited oooh's&aaahh's.
      "Please stay still while we run the tests and scans patient Seohyun-shi," I heard the nurse plead outside the little cave thing I was inside. I nodded, earning another frustrated groan from her by moving. Quietly laughing to myself, I lye still, relaxing and almost falling asleep.
--
      We were all huddled up on a couch in the waiting room again, impatiently itching for the results to comeback. Leaning on Sehun and breathing in his scent, I watched Seohyun Unnie and Chanyeol play ki-bi-bok (rock-paper-scissors) betting the loser to buy ice cream. Seohyun nodded her head satisfied with the outcome, while Chanyeol trudged out the hospital to the nearest convienece store.  Rolling my eyes at Chanyeol's childless, the doctor across the hall cleared his throat, alerting us all.
      Sehun pushed me in my wheelchair, reaching for the folder with the outcome inside. The doctor bowed, leaving us all to read the results. Sitting between my boyfriend, my Popsicle chewing  Unnie, and a slurping ice cream Chanyeol, we turned the page, eyes glued on the black and white paper.

Patient: Seohyun Jung
Condition: weak/inactive dormant limbs-legs
Recover process:physical therapy
Estimated time:4 months

      I sighed at the recover time, burying my face in Sehun's chest, while the rest of them hyperly high-fived one another, all of them satisfied at the estimated time except me. Really? Four months? Four stupid months for what? Four minutes of Yoona's breezy meddling? Scowling, I crossed my arms, attempting to unsuccessfully cross my legs, looking impatient.
      "Ahh, come on jagiya, it's only four months," Sehun smiled, lisp straining his s's. Seohyun Unnie patted my back, happy with the "short" recover time. Now just staring at Chanyeol he was giving me a thumbs up, chocolate staining the right side of his lips.
      "Tsk tsk," Sehun breathed, saying my thoughts. Seohyun Unnie giggled, wiping the chocolate with a wet tissue, while Chanyeol sat there frozen. From the ice cream or Seohyun Unnie touching him? We'll never know. But what I do know is that I'm in for a time stretching recovery, unable to stand on my own, walk, and dance.
--
      I inched myself through the dark hallway leaning on the hand crevices in the wall. I can do this I thought, stretching my already burning leg. My socks easily slipping on the shadowy floor, I took my first step. Only having to depend on the wall and not crutches. Already content with moving my first leg I broke out into a happy cheer, only to be knocked out again, falling to the floor.
      I saw Xiumin walking in the hallway towards me, sprinting to my side when he saw that I was crippled to the floor. Carrying me back in my room he placed a lunchbox and container on the bedside, motioning he had brought something.
      "Isn't it past your curfew?" I checked the hello kitty wall clock, reading eleven thirty.
      "Yeah, I got a special pass...without Sehun" he mumbled, nervously unfolding and refolding his fingers.
      "Oh", I mouthed reaching for the food. Looking up to see I was moving, he did all the work opening and unboxing his wrapped food.
      "Baozis(steamed buns)" he said, popping one in his mouth. Hehe. He was too cute I thought, pushing away the "cannilbalism" fangirl moment I had. I bowed, wincing at the sudden force in my hips and legs.
      "Kyungsoo-ah(D.O.) made them for you," Xiumin filled the silence,  sadly sighing at my pain.
      "Ah, um, oh, thank you...to you and him, I mean" I answered in a dry voice. He nodded again, clearly uneasy and uncomfortable.
      "You don't have to watch me you know," I laughed, unwrapping the Kimchi Spaghetti. Xiumin smiled showing his soft round cheeks, bowing and then leaving but not before placing an envelope in my hands.
      Listening for the door to be shut, it clicked closed, hiding my frantic movements within itself. I quickly packed back away the untouched food, and swiftly opened the envelope "Baozi" had given me. Flinching at the paper cut I acquired, I read out loud EXO's Maknae's note to his girlfriend:
"Seohyun-ah
Eat the food D.O. hyung made you, araso/okay?
You'll get better real soon, mm?
EXO and Seohyunnie fighting!"
"...
사 라 해 ㅑ (I love you)
See you tomorrow.
                  -Sehun"

Hugging the letter, I fell asleep with its words in my heart. Unprepared by what "See you tomorrow" actually had in mind.