Singer: Seohyun

Just a trainee

"Positions in 3,2,1!", the director called. All of us dashing to our places on the stage, impatient to know what the results were.

       HOST: "Chaa, everyone, before the break you guys were literally falling out of your seats waiting for the winner of...

       AUDIENCE:"KBS HIDDEN STAR!!!!!"

       HOST:"Yes, that's right folks today is the day were we pick our winner, voted by you, the lovely audience!"

       HOST:"Drum roll please..."

       HOST:"And the winner of KBS HIDDEN STAR IS SE-." There are three of us,(including myself Seohyun) whos name starts with "Se." Who exactly won?Who exactly won this competition to become a trainee at one of the big three (JYP,YG, or SM) ? Was it me (Seohyun)? Or was it Seeli and her voice like Adele? Or Sei, with his charasmatic rapping? Everything that happened next was weirdly slow but sudden. The crowd screaming their heads off, the explosion of confetti, the breath-taking hugs from my rivals. Which only mean't one thing: I won.

       HOST:"SEOHYUN-SHIII!" My clueless self being 2 seconds late from wandering thoughts, I screamed with joy and took the mic.

       "Oh my god! Kamsamida!Thank you!Thank you guys so much! I want to thank my family,friends, and my rivals for pushing me this hard to the point that I would win!", bowing, and smiling like an idot I waited for the host to wrap the show up.

       HOST:"Waaaaaaaaaaaa! You guys are happy right? Thanks to your love and support, singer winner Seohyun is now a trainee!" "But which one of the big three?" The audience turned dead silent waiting for the answer. Talent YG ? Catchy JYP ? Or dreadful (because of EXO) or wonderful (because of EXO) SM entertainment? It didn't matter to me which company I entered, but the thing is: I'm an EXOtic. A MAJOR EXOtic, not a sasaeng fan, but a really huge fan. If I enter SM, my fangirling might interfere with my dream. Dream being to be a succesful singer. But you know fate never gives me the good things so anyways:

       HOST:"STAR MUSEUM! ALSO KNOWN AS SM ENTERTAINMENT! Home of forever SHINee, sucessful SNSD, and new rookie group EXO!!!! Chukaiaye!Congratulations Seohyun-shi!" Smiling, bowing, and waving at the crowd, I never realized I would actually be doing this to the crowd as a singer. You know that dream, where you grow up being a kpop fan, and you develop the goal to be a kpop singer? I am living it or am going to be, along with the SM sunbaenims. A trainee for at least a year, at least, and then a debuted singer. Fate said SM in my life, but they never said EXO would be a HUGE impact with it too.

       One week later: The time after KBS HIDDEN STAR ended was really a blur. All I remember was the arrangements made for my flight to Seoul and how horrible I look right now. I'm standing here awkwardly holding up a line to the ticket checker, while my mom sobs at my departure.

       "Oma/mom, kwenchena/it's okay, I'll be back soon, I have to train first to be a singer you know."

       "Arraso, come back quickly though,mm? she said between sniffles.

       "Noona/older sister, don't mess around and train hard oh?" Henry was protective, even though he was my dongsaeng/little brother,psssh boys. Leaving my family with a smile till I couldn't see them anymore, I dashed to the bathroom. Fixing my curly light brown hair, applying eyeliner to my bottom lid, and trying not to faint at my wonderful yet fateful life, I boarded the private SM plane to Incheon, South Korea.