Night Changed to Morning

One in a Million

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

Was I being too much? Should I feel sorry?

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are not being their usual selves on our way home.

 

Yes, Kyungsoo likes to stay in my place because he doesn’t like being home especially when there is just his sister.

 

Chanyeol is silently driving with Kyungsoo sleeps in the passenger seat.

I sit in the back looking at the cars around. Our car stops for the red traffic light.

 

I’m thinking about what I did in the vendor before. She was just casually blurt out her opinion over me and all that I did is confront her.

Okay, I was too much, but hey, it’s not like I plan to meet her again so I don’t have to over think it. Just let it pass and maybe the next time she meets me she won’t remember anything.

 

The stop feels like forever until I identify person who is in the car next to mine. She sits in the passenger seat so I can see her silhouette clearly.

 

It’s Han Sejin………with his boyfriend.

She’s sleeping and several times hits the car window with her head.  The boyfriend then pushes her seat back and before he concentrates on the steering wheel he looks at her lovingly.

 

So that’s what will you do when you love someone.

Believe me or not, I’ve never been in love with anyone. My parents usually take me wherever they go makes me barely have any friend.

 

Chanyeol is my first close friend and Kyungsoo made it second.

I stayed the longest in USA, but I crazily made friends as much as I can because I lack of them before.

Furthermore, west women are not really my type. Sorry, girls.

 

I like girls from my native land. I want someone like my mom. Warm, kind-hearted, determined, cute, caring.

But, this moment I don’t really feel have someone more special than my fans. They are enough on making me lose my individual time, I don’t need a new one.

 

My focus is back to their car as the green light takes its turn.

Their car moves faster and all I can see is its back window now which has a sticker written ‘Kyunghee University”.

Kyunghee?

 

“Chanyeol, where did you say my next performance is?” I ask Chanyeol who is still silently driving.

“Your what? Ahh, it’s Kyunghee’s Summer Festival,”

“And where will it be held?”

“At Kyunghee University, why?”

“Because I think both of you have to stop ignoring me. I’m going to meet her again,”

“Her, who?”

“Han Sejin”

 

Sejin's POV

I fell asleep in the car, but once I open my eyes all I can see is my cozy bedroom.

How did I get here? Suho.

 

I turn my vision to the clock and processing all the arrows so I can know what time is it.

It’s 5.30 AM. I get up from my bed and change last night clothes with cozier one.

I don’t have any planned schedule today. Tomorrow is Mari’s birthday I better go to somewhere so I can get more gifts for her.

As I remember Suho is busy today considering the first day of college (and new students) is getting closer, but he’s promised to accompany me to Mary’s party tomorrow so I think it’s better to not disturb him today.

 

I go downstairs. People are busy in the morning.

Dad likes to ask his workers to live in my house if they didn’t have anywhere to go and they will voluntarily work here even though we have people help already.

 

“Morning everyone!” I greet everybody who seem don’t realize my presence.

“Morning miss Sejin,” Namgil, one of my favorite maids I told before, replied me.

“I want to make breakfast today! Where is Aunt Yang?” I take more steps downstairs until I finally reach the floor.

“I believe she’s already in the kitchen preparing for some now,” Namgil’s hands direct to the kitchen.

I honestly love playing at the kitchen. It’s warm and I can feel mom’s presence there.

My mom loved to bake cookies and I would always waiting for hers in the table inside. When no one’s home I prefer to eat there with Namgil and Yoonji.

 

Ah, right. Namgil and Yoonji are younger than me. Yoonji is a 12 grader while Namgil is one year younger than me.

Their mom, Aunt Yang has been working for my family even before I born while their dad, Uncle Yang has been my dad’s right hand since then.

I spot Aunt Yang in the kitchen preparing for our breakfast with other cooks.

 

“Good morning Aunt Yang!” I happily jump next to her and touch her shoulders.

“Good morning, miss Sejin,” she smiles upon feeling my presence.

“Where is Yoonji? I haven’t see her,” I’m looking around for her figure.

“Oh she has something’s up suddenly at her school, miss,”

“Tsk. She’s still in her holiday, why bother go to the school?”

“Looks like someone is not like you, miss. Haha,” I frown with that. Aunt Yang pets my head.

 

“Ah! Aunt Yang I want to specially make dad’s and Suho’s breakfasts today,” I’m heading to the refrigerator to check what I can make.

“Oh, want me to help you?” aunt Yang moves beside me.

“How about fruit pancake? For the drinks, honey milk for dad and hot orange teas for me and Suho,”

“That’s lovely, miss. I will be around if you need me,” with that Aunt Yang back to what she was doing.

 

I start pouring the flour and cut the fruits when suddenly someone wrap an arm around my shoulder.