Closer

Rust *On Hiatus till late May 2013*

Since Mblaq's promotion for their "Y" has officially ended, The boys are all granted 2 weeks break. As the noon sets in, most of them were awake and were occupied with their own things in the dorm. Seungho with his computer games, Cheondung with his PSP, Mir reading his comics and Joon, sleeping.

G.O decided to catch a movie in the theatre. Even though he hardly have the time to watch the movies, he still make it a habit to check out the movies time slots. Just in case any of his schedules was canceled, he would be able to catch the movie. He asked around to see if anyone is keen to watch a movie with him, he felt a gust of wind just hit right through him. Welcome to the family of Mblaq. Not that they do not have a strong relationship, but everyone is just being too engrossed in whatever they are doing that they selectively choose what they want to hear. Since the rest of the members all have their own activities, G.O decided to watch the movie on his own. He would rather go out and do something, than to stay in the dorm and do nothing.

G.O picked up his cap and sunglasses as well as his car keys and headed to the door. He has never felt bad about being recognised in the public, after all, this is part and parcel of being a celebrity. When he was collecting his movie ticket, he could see two fan girls giggling at the empty counter next to him, he gently nodded as he headed into the theatre. Leaving the fan girls hyperventilating at scene.
 
After the movie, G.O decided to take a stroll along the streets of Dongdaemun. Ever since they started doing the "Y" EP, he hardly get any free time on his own. Whenever he has some time to himself, reality starts setting in. He had so many thoughts going through in his mind he did not even see where he was heading. He thought of how he insisted he wanted to drop out of his education in pursuit for his singing career. How much support and trust his parents had showered him with. Since then, he made a vow to himself that he should not let his parents down. It then dawned on him that he had a promise with his dad, a promise that he will never be able to fulfill. Walking aimlessly, G.O ended up at the ice cream parlour. He was shocked when he came back to his senses. He bit his lower lip, contemplating whether or not to enter.
 
The bells hanging on the door rang as he pushed open. The shop is still as empty as the previous day he came. He wondered why would someone open a shop at such deserted corner of the street. He took a further step into the parlour, no one seemed to be around tending the shop. He felt kind of down as he let out a deep sigh. Just when he was about to turn and leave, he heard sobs coming from inside of the parlour. G.O took a better look around but still not even a single shadow could be seen. Out of curiousity, he went searching for the origin of the sniffing. It came from behind the counter. He tip-toed and peeped over the counter. To his surprise, he saw Seungyeon on the floor, with her knee folded near her chest, her head buried in her arms above her knee. G.O carefully went into the counter, hoping not to alarm Seungyeon. He took a packet of tissue out of his pocket, pulled out a single piece as approach her. He knelt right in front of her.
 
"Hey.. are you okay...?" G.O asked softly as he tugged the piece of tissue into her hand. Seungyeon lifted her head and saw G.O, she lost her control and let out a louder cry. G.O's mind completely went blank, "Yah. hush.. if someone enters they're gonna imagining things." She could not bring herself to answer him, and buried her face back into her hands.
 
G.O felt so helpless. He reached out his hands and brought her into his embrace. For a moment he regretted letting his actions take over him. But Seungyeon did not reject his hug, instead, she grabbed on to his tee shirt and cried in his chest. Only then did he feel a little relief. There was nothing he could do except to wait for her to cool down. When Seungyeon's crying and hiccups subsided, she lifted her head and attempted to wipe the wet part of his tee shirt caused by her tears, "mianhe" she said. G.O looked at her, confused. "For ruining your outfit" she explained. 
 
"Oh this.." he grabbed the wet part of the cloth, "don't worry about it, water evaporates you know?" he said cheekily. Seungyeon let out a little laugh. "You looked better with your smile" G.O was relieved that she finally smiled. 
 
"Do you want any ice cream?" Seungyeon asked as she wiped the tears off her face.
 
"Hmm.. i didn't think about that though, but since I'm here, can I get a Strawberry ice cream?" 
 
"Okay.. take a seat then." 
 
G.O went out of the counter to one of the round tables near a window. Not long after, Seungyeon came serving the ice cream to him. "Hey.. erm.. Why don't we share the ice cream?" G.O suggested. Seungyeon looked at him with surprise. "I mean no harm." G.O said, afraid that she would think otherwise.
 
Seungyeon smiled as she reach towards the counter for a teaspoon and sat down on the chair opposite of G.O. Without hesitation, Seungyeon started digging in. "Hmm..." Seungyeon grinned, totally indulged in the ice cream, "ice cream is still the best remedy!" she said loudly with both her hand clenched next to her cheeks. After realising she was not alone, she blushed "sorry.. i was just being myself for a while." Thinking of what an idiot she had been, doing this kind of things in front of a celebrity.
 
At this moment, G.O could not help but think how can someone be so adorable. Her smile has the power of making him smile too. But something deep inside him hurts.
 
"Why aren't you eating?" Seungyeon noticed. 
 
"Oh? Ya.. eat..." was all he could come up with. 
 
Silence surrounded the two of them as they indulged in the ice cream. Seungyeon was the first to break the silence. "Why didn't you ask?" 
 
"What should I ask?" 
 
"About what happened earlier."
 
"That? I believe if you wanna let me know, you would tell me when you are ready." 
 
"I just went through a break up"
 
G.O was shocked upon knowing that she had a boyfriend. That means her blush from yesterday was purely due to the fact of Mblaq and not him.
 
"I struggled for a week long. I really didn't want to end it. But it seems like i couldn't make him come back to me anymore." Seungyeon's voice trembled, tears threaten to fall once again. "He was my first boyfriend. He was the one who showed me what love is. But he is also the one who showed me how cruel time can a let relationship fade." By the time she finished, her tears are flowing down uncontrollably. 
 
G.O handed her more tissue. "You want to hear my opinion?" He asked. Seungyeon looked at him with curiosity. "That's not love. Love comes unconditionally. It doesn't fade. But, that is if you meet the right one." He finished with a smile.
 
"Then G.O ssi, have you met the right one?" Seungyeon asked.
 
The question struck him hard. At his current age of 24(Korean age), he had dated almost 20 times. But has he met the right one? No. G.O did not know how to put it in words, he did not want to give off the impression that he is a playboy, but at the same time, he did not want to lie to Seungyeon. "Nope. I haven't met the right one, sadly." G.O said, choosing his words carefully.
 
"Ahh... G.O ssi, you're such a good guy, I'm sure you'll be able to find the right one soon. The girl would be so fortunate." Seungyeon teased.
 
"Why? Because I'm a celebrity?"

"Of course not. I just know that G.O ssi is a good man." Seungyeon said honestly with a wide smile on her face.
 
G.O's heart instantly melted. He knew for sure he had fallen for her. He had broken his own rules. He should not even have this kind of thought for anyone, he just knew he couldn't. "Thank you Seungyeon, and actually you don't have to address me so formally. You can call me Byunghee." What did I just say? He thought to himself. Why did I even want to get her closer to me by letting her call me by my real name? He mentally slapped himself.
 
"Byunghee...?" Seungyeon called out.
 
G.O blushed...
 
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
A/N
 
So.. 2 chapters in a day. Hope you guys like it.
pls dont feel shy to comment. i dont bite. :)