Press conference

Rust *On Hiatus till late May 2013*

G.O wiped the sweat off his palms onto his pants and let out a deep breath. He paced around the waiting room and trying to stay as calm as possible. The room was so quiet that he could hear his own heart pounding rapidly. He went through mentally on the things that he has to say during the press conference that will commence in less than thirty minutes. This press conference may change his life, or maybe not just his, but s' and Seungyeon's life as well. He looked at his reflection on the mirror, looking for the confidence that seemed to have died from his eyes. He arranged his fringe, making sure that there is no gaps in between.

"Are you ready?" Seungho tapped G.O's shoulder, giving G.O a scare.
"Whoa, for a moment I forgot all my lines that I prepared for the press con." G.O retorted.
"You look a little pale."
"Jinjja? Probably I'm a little nervous to be out there alone without you guys."
"Ha! Now you know our importance."
"Yah, you make me sound as if I am happier going solo."
"Nahh, I'm just trying to cheer you up a little."
"Yep, you've gotta try harder." G.O shot a sacarstic look at Seungho.

The door of the waiting room opened, interrupting their conversation. Jason came walking with rest of the Blaqies following right behind him, G.O and Seungho bowed and greeted their chairman.

"You guys came too?" G.O asked.
"Yep, they insisted on coming." Jason answered on the boys' behalf and Mir who stood right behind Jason did a 'fighting' gesture to G.O. G.O smiled at how cute his maknae could get. "So, how's your preparation?" Jason asked.
"I'm all prepared Sajangnim." G.O tried to sound confident.
"Good. Make sure you'll prove to me the decision you've made is right."
"Neh, I will." G.O replied though Jason had already headed for the door.

The boys remained quiet before the room door was completely shut. The very second the door closed, Mir turned and grabbed onto G.O's sleeve.

"Hyung! Do you need us to go out there with you?" Mir asked.
"Gwenchana, with you guys here I'm already feeling a lot more at ease." G.O said.
"Have you told Seungyeon about this press con?" Joon came forth as he asked G.O.
G.O shook his head in response. "I haven't had the chance to talk to her about it."
"I think, you should give her a call." Joon suggested. "She has the rights to know."
"I think Joonie hyung is right, you should let Seungyeon have some mental preparation." Cheondoong added and Mir kept nodding his head to whatever his hyungs had been saying. Seungho gave his chingu a pat on his shoulder and nodded.
"Arasso," G.O accepted s' suggestions and took out his phone and walked to the corner of the room as he dialled Seungyeon's number.

"Yoboseyo?" Seungyeon picked up the phone cheerfully knowing that her boyfriend had taken out the time to call her.
"Seungyeon ah.."
"Wae-yo? Why did you sound so troubled? Is everything okay?" Her bright voice disappeared, replaced by a tinge of worry.
"You might wanna watch the news and wait for a while."
"What happened?!"

"G.O ssi, I need you to come and get ready." The staff in charge of the press conference popped her head into the waiting room and shouted.

"Neh!" G.O shouted in reply, covering the speaker of the phone. "Give me a minute!" He smiled at the staff and proceeded back to the phone call. "Seungyeonie, I have to go, just turn on the TV and you'll understand. Love you!" G.O hang up the phone call and hurried out with the staff.

"Mwo ya..." Seungyeon was completely clueless to what G.O was saying.
"Did G.O call?" Gyuri carried a couple of empty plates and set them into the sink.
"Neh, he only asked me to turn on the TV and hang up in a hurry." Seungyeon reached for the remote control on the next to the cashier counter and switched the TV from a music channel to the news and waited, just like what G.O had told her.

Flashes from the camera aimed mercilessly at G.O and Jason the moment they make their appearance from the side of the stage. G.O could feel his nervousness rising, he scanned the room, the flashes from the cameras almost blinding him, but through the mess he could see Seungho and the rest of the boys sitting right at the back of the crowd. The sight of the familiar faces made him feel much more comfortable.

*****

Taegyun was getting cosy at home, he set the cup of hot coffee that he had made for himself moments ago on the table and grabbed the television remote and rested himself comfortably on the sofa. He was switching from channels to channels hoping to find something interesting to watch. But there was practically no good shows around the mid of the day. He recalled buying some new DVDs a few days back, he went to the drawer below his TV set and ransacked through the pile of DVDs.

'Right now we have some hot sizzling news for you, G.O from Mblaq held a press conference in response to the scandal, I should hand over the time to the reporter who is reporting live from the venue.'

Taegyun's eyes went fixed on the TV, he remembered meeting a reporter from Dispatch news and selling the piece of news to her. His dignity was crushed by G.O the last time they met and confronted, this time, he just have to sit back and enjoy the masterpiece he had created.

"Is it true that you are dating the girl who we saw in the newspaper, G.O ssi?" One of the reporter shouted the question.

Through the broadcast, Taegyun could hear that the entire function room went silent after the question was posted to G.O, all waiting for the determining answer, as if a predator is looking at its prey quietly. Flashes of the camera died down a little. Taegyun was enjoying the awkward expression on G.O's face, this was exactly the kind of satisfaction that Taegyun had been looking forward to.

G.O inhaled deeply, before he picked up his courage to speak. "Neh, masumnida. The rumour isn't a rumour, its real."

The flashes of the camera came into life again, the sea of reporters gasped and started gossiping among themselves. Taegyun crushed the DVD he held in his hand, the broken chips pierced into his palm, blood came dripping down onto the marble tile. This was not what Taegyun had expected out of G.O, he had thought that G.O will deny the piece of news for the sake of his idol image. But he was wrong, he had guessed the wrong move.

*****

"I hereby seek your blessings and your understandings. To all my fans, as well as Mblaq fans, please do understand that I have no plans of giving up on you for the relationship. You can have your fandom and your lifetime partner keuji? So at the same time, I ask for your understanding that I treasure all of you as my fans, but I also need to have my lifetime partner too. I'm sure you wouldn't want to see any one of us live our entire life being alone right? So let's be fair and cool about this. Please give me your blessings and I promise that I will do my best in every aspects of my life as a good singer and a good boyfriend. I will not let this relationship affect any part of my career, so A+ yeoreobun! Please do not worry! Oppa still love you guys!" G.O gave a bright smile as he ended his speech and his chairman took over the situation.

Tears streamed down Seungyeon's cheeks, she watched in disbelief, it all happen like a dream. Seeing G.O from the TV made her feel so normal, normal as in, she is nothing compared to anyone G.O could have known in the entertainment industry. Yet G.O had chosen her, it was all like a dream.

"Whoa... Seungyeonie, I really envy you a lot." Gyuri said as she patted Seungyeon's head.

Seungyeon's eyes was fixed on the TV, still trying to feel herself, making sure that this very moment, she is living in reality. Once the news on G.O ended, Seungyeon got to her feet and dashed out of the ice cream parlour.

"Yah! Seungyeon!" Gyuri shouted, but Seungyeon just ran without turning back.

There is only one thing in Seungyeon's mind, she wants to see G.O, she has so many things that she needs to tell him, to thank him for doing this for her. He had done more than enough for this relationship and now she wants to do something just for him. Though she did not know where exactly the press conference was held but she had decided to head to Jtune Camp office to wait for G.O. Somehow she had the feeling that he will have to return to Jtune since there are still workload waiting for the boys to complete. She ran to the main road and looked for cab available. The strange phenomenon about cabs is when you do not need them, there are plenty of the availbable ones on the road, but when you need to take a cab urgently, there are either no cabs or none of them seemed to be available. After a few minutes of wait, Seungyeon finally hopped on to a cab and headed to Jtune Camp at Gangnam.

Seungyeon was browsing through the polaroids and the sticker photos that she had taken with G.O along the journey to Jtune, she took picture of all the photos so that she could store them in her phone and look at them whenever she want. She was smiling at her phone, G.O look so adorable in all the photos. The cab finally came to a halt at an unfamiliar place, Seungyeon stepped out of the car and saw the Jtune logo next to the entrance of the building. She walked into the building and there is a directory in the building next to the door. She followed the directory and proceeded to the fifth floor, greeting her was a lady at the front door of the office, who seemed to be the receptionist of the place.

"Annyeonghaseyo, may I know if G.O ssi has returned to the office?" Seungyeon asked the lady politely.
"Hmm, may I know why are you looking for G.O?" The lady asked in return.

Seungyeon could not bring herself to say that she is G.O's girlfriend and she wanted to look for him just because she wanted to see him so much. She bit her lower lip thinking for the right thing to say. Just then, the lift door opened and a group of guys walked out. The receptionist saw Jason and immediately stood up and greeted him.

"Seungyeonie!" G.O called out, shocked to see her here in the office.
Seungyeon turned around and saw G.O, she ran forward and cuddled him all of a sudden. The blaqies and the receptionist had their jaw dropped all the way to the ground. The boys had not expect were shocked that Seungyeon would do this in the presence of the CEO. Jason on the other hand was just looking at G.O in a 'what is all these' expression.

"Gomawo." Seungyeon's voice muffled in G.O's chest.
"Seungyeon ah, silly girl, everyone's looking." G.O whispered.

Seungyeon gasped, She came to realise that she is in Jtune. She quickly released G.O and saw everyone's attention was on her. She recognise the CEO's face from the press conference broadcast she had seen.

"Chwisunghamnida!" Seungyeon apologised in embarrassment.
The boys let out a roar of laughter as Seungyeon buried her face in her palms. G.O shot them a killer stare, warning them to stop teasing Seungyeon.
"Gwenchana Seungyeon, thanks to you, we had a free show." Seungho continue teasing Seungyeon despite G.O's warning. Of course, why would the leader be afraid of .
"Ouww" Seungyeon groaned.
"Yah, Yang Seungho. Stop it." G.O demanded.

Jason had enough of the mess, he walked into the office without saying a single word to anyone of them. His departure brought awkward silence to the situation.

"Is your chairman mad at me?" Seungyeon asked G.O softly.
"Don't worry, it's nothing." G.O assured her. "Why are you here?"
"I saw the broadcast you asked me to.." Seungyeon said.
"Let's not stand here, why don't we go to the practice room?" Joon suggested. Since the practice room is where the boys spend most of their time in Jtune. They practice, eat, exercise and, at times, sleep in there. Furthermore, it's just weird to talk at the lobby of the office.
"It's okay," Seungyeon said. "I just came to thank Byunghee oppa, I think.. I'll make my move first." Seungyeon would not want to be a hindrance to G.O's work and besides, she feel extremely awkward in a place that she don't belong to.
"But you just came.." G.O pouted.
Seungyeon smiled at the way G.O behaves like a kid. "Really, I feel weird here. Why don't you call me when you knock off?" Seungyeon said.
"Arasso." G.O agreed. "I'll see you off."
"No, it's fine, really. Just stay and quickly get your stuff done." Although Seungyeon wants to let G.O do so but she don't want to be seen as insensible.
"Keure, be careful on your way back okay?" G.O said.

Seungyeon nodded and waved goodbye to G.O and the rest of the boys. She then bowed to the receptionist before leaving. The lady gave her a warm smile and proceeded back to do her own work. Seungyeon was humming to the tune of Last Luv as she walked out to the main street to look for the buses available at the nearest bus stop. A car came to an abrupt stop just next to her, she turned and saw the familiar vehicle. The window of the car wound down momentarily and revealed the face of Taegyun.

"Can we talk?" Taegyun asked.

_________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Guys, sorry for the wait. You might be tired of me saying this every time i update. But i still find the need to say it. haha.
Thanks for reading subscribing to Rust! <3
Hi silent reader, i know you are there. Thanks for reading! <3
Do feel free to comment and tell me what you like or things that i have to improve in the story! i wanna do it better for you! :)
and this chapter was quite short cuz I wanna create a bridge to the next chapter i am writing. so.. yep. drama may be coming next chapt. :)

Btw, G.O had his first win at Immortal Song 2 after his second return to the show! :D He sure deserve the win dont you agree with me?