Date

Rust *On Hiatus till late May 2013*

Seungyeon lay on her bed with her phone held in her hand after she had finished the conversation with G.O. Somehow, she had been feeling thankful that it was G.O who found her after her ex boyfriend came clean with her over the phone. After talking to G.O she felt like he is the kind of friend she could talk to comfortably. While thinking about what will happen tomorrow, she suddenly recalled that she needed someone to tend the ice cream parlour for her. She quickly gave Gyuri a call. Gyuri is Seungyeon's best friend, and her only close friend. They had known each other since they were young.

"Gyuri ah, sorry to have to call you so late, but could you do me a favour?" Seungyeon asked when Gyuri picked up the phone.

"It's okay girl, what is it?"

"Can you help me tend the store tomorrow, I have something to attend to," Seungyeon bit her lips, hoping that Gyuri would not turn her down.

"Hmm... alright, since I have nothing to do tomorrow. But why so sudden?" Gyuri questioned.

"Erm.. It's a long story, I'll fill you in with the details when we meet okay?" Seungyeon said.

"Oh.......... Han Seungyeon. Don't try to avoid my question! Are you going out with Tae Gyun tomorrow????" Gyuri asked cheekily.

"Gyuri, could we not talk about him anymore?"

"Omo.. What happened? You guys quarreled?" Gyuri asked with concern.

"We broke up."

"Oh my god! I'm sorry." Gyuri was taken aback. "Why didn't you let me know?"

"It happened today, and I really don't feel like talking about it yet. I'm a little tired, i'm turning in now, I promise to tell you everything next time okay?" Seungyeon told Gyuri.

"Alright, rest well okay. Call me when you need someone to talk to." Gyuri said.

"I will. Thanks. Bye.." Seungyeon hang up the phone, almost on the verge of tears again, she shut her eyes and trying to think of things that could distract her from her ex boyfriend. She thought turning up for tomorrow's date was probably a right decision, so she could take time off for herself, away from all the things that could remind her of Tae Gyun.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

G.O left the dorm earlier than he was suppose to just so that he will not be late for their first date. It is not very nice for a lady to wait as well, he would rather be early than to let Seungyeon wait. He waited by the river at Jamsil Hangang Park located at the southern side of Han river. Because he was being extra early, he actually did not know what to do to kill time. G.O could not help but kept checking on his appearance using his phone's reflection, making sure he would look presentable any moment before Seungyeon turns up. At times when he was not checking his own reflection, he would sit quietly and stare at the river. While he was admiring the calm waters, he could hear footsteps running towards him. He turned and saw Seungyeon rushing to him, he quickly stood up and greeted her. 
 
"Annyeonghaseyo, Sorry to keep you waiting!" Seungyeon was panting heavily.
 
"Aniyo, I just arrived not long ago" G.O lied. For a moment, there was awkwardness. "Er, you wanna sit down? You seemed exhuasted from the run." G.O suggested.
 
"Ha... Neh.." Seungyeon replied, still panting. Seungyeon walked next to G.O and sat down, G.O sat after she had taken her seat. It was awkward for a moment and Seungyeon tried to say something to break the silence between them. "Is this the first time you've asked a girl out?"
 
G.O was stunned. What a powerful question to start a conversation. "Not really though..." G.O said shyly.
 
"Ahh... I see." Seungyeon responded.
 
"What's that?" G.O asked, pointing to the paper bag that Seungyeon was hugging on to.
 
"Oh! Matda.. I've made sandwiches." Seungyeon reached into the paper bag and brought out a lunchbox, she carefully opened it and offered it to G.O.
 
"Gamsahamnida" G.O said as he took one of the sandwiches. He took a bite and to his surprise, the sandwich was so tasty! As a singer, G.O seldom get the chance to eat home cooked food. Although he likes cooking but he seldom get the chance to do it due to the packed schedule. Often, food that the Blaqies consumed are take-outs or canned food. When it comes to home prepared food, G.O really appreciates it. "Wa, jinjja masitda! You really made this?"
 
"Haha. Yes. I used to make it every morning for my boyfriend" As soon as Seungyeon finished, her smile suddenly dropped. They both went silent. The fact of her boyfriend had left her came her right in her face. G.O noticed her sudden change of mood. He decided to try to ease the situation.
 
"Oh? Look! What's that?" G.O suddenly shouted and pointed to the sky behind Seungyeon. Seungyeon turned to where G.O was pointing to but could not see anything unusual. Just then, G.O covered her eyes with his hands and sang 'One Better Day' in a slower and sweeter manner:
 
'Ije dashi one better day, one better day
Balgeun nae iri tto neoreul gidari janha
Ije dashi one better day, one better day
Naega isseo neowa hamkke ga'
 
[ Translation:
Now again one better day, one better day
A bright tomorrow is waiting for you
Now again one better day, one better day
I'm here I will go together with you ]
 
G.O slowly released his hands from Seungyeon. Seungyeon was smiling, but at the same time, tears are slowly forming in her eyes. She had just met G.O for the third time, she do not know what good she had done to deserve such a friend like him. It's really hard, at this stage, to not compare other guys with Tae Gyun. "Thank you." She said as she tried to sniff discretely. Seungyeon did not know what else she could say except to thank G.O. She did not want to turn back to face him, she don't want to let him see her cry again. G.O took the sandwich that he placed on his lap and put it back into the lunchbox which was on the bench between them. He walked over to Seungyeon, Seungyeon tilted her head to hide from him.
 
"You know why i asked you out to the Han River?" G.O asked. Seungyeon just shook her head. "Because today, you are going to cry it all out and drop all the tears you want for him and never shed a single tear for him in the near future."
 
Seungyeon slowly turned to face G.O, a flood of tears gushed down her cheeks. G.O just watched. He knew he could not do anything now except for being here for her, listen to her if she has things she wanted to rant about.
 
"Forever is just a lie" Seungyeon cried. "All the promises made are all fake. Why make me believe in you when you did not know how to love?" She continued to blabber on for another half an hour or so before she starts to calm down. By the time, the two sat quietly watching the water from the river, G.O was enjoying the breeze brushing against his skin, enjoying his peacefulness away from all the hectic schedules. While Seungyeon is just staring aimlessly at the river. G.O noticed Seungyeon had quietened down and was just dazing, he picked up Seungyeon's bag grabbed Seungyeon's hand, attempting to bring her somewhere else. Seungyeon then came back to her senses when she was suddenly dragged by G.O. "Where are we going?"
 
"I'm kidnapping you" G.O joked. "You'll find out later." He just smiled.
 
"Here we are!:explained" G.O shouted.
 
 
"Whoa... Lotte World!!" Seungyeon ran towards the entrance.
 
"Yah. We haven't have any ticket yet!" G.O called out but Seungyeon did not seem have to heard him. He quickly walked to the counter and purchased two adult tickets. The girl tending the counter seemed a little shock when G.O approached her. When he was done pruchasing, the girl was giggling with the rest of her colleagues.
 
G.O ran towards Seungyeon and passed her the ticket for entry. "How can you just run away like that? How are you going to enter without a ticket?" G.O grumbled.
 
"You're just like an Omma.." Seungyeon laughed as they enter the amusement park. "Let's go take the roller coaster!!" Seungyeon requested excitedly.
 
"What?" G.O was shocked. "I'll watch you play okay? I'm kinda afraid of heights" G.O lied. He just would not want to risk any chance of triggering his heart.
 
"You'll regret not taking it! You paid for the ticket, don't waste it!" Seungyeon tried to persuade him.
 
"I'm not a fan of this place actually. Really, I'll just watch you on the ground okay?" G.O said with his puppy eye look.
 
"Aww.. alright." Seungyeon pouted and ran to join the queue for the ride. She took several rides without G.O and screamed her heart out on every single ride. G.O watched as she enjoyed herself on those rides. Part of him felt good because he had done something to distract Seungyeon away from all the sorrows she was having earlier on, part of him felt really sad. He admired her a lot, he really wished he could he sitting next to her, screaming with her, enjoying every exciting rides together with her. The last time he was on one of those rides was when he was a kid. After joining the entertainment industry at a young age, he did not really have the time to visit the amusement park. Furthermore, after finding out that his family had a history of heart problems, he had been avoiding these heart provoking rides.
 
"Chogiyo, G.O oppa matji?" A girl appraoched G.O when he was in his deep thoughts. "It's really G.O!" She shouted when she saw G.O up close. "Can I have your autograph please?" the girl asked while she dug for her pen and her notebook and passed it to G.O.
 
"Sure," G.O said as he took over the pen and book and signed. The girl's scream seemed to have alarmed the people around the area, some fan girls started screaming when they realised it was G.O, and slowly, a small crowd started to form around G.O.
 
Seungyeon stood a far and watched when she had finished her ride. She did not know if she should approach G.O at this point of time, so she just waited. As the crowd started to disperse a little, G.O noticed Seungyeon standing at a distance away, watching him. He then apologised to the fans that he had some personal activities here, and he also asked for their understandings. He walked out of the crowd towards Seungyeon. "How was the ride?" He asked.
 
Seungyeon looked at him and turned to look at the bunch of fans. "Don't you think they might get things wrong if it is just the two of us?"
 
"Can't I have friends?" G.O smiled and walked off, "Let's go! It's kind of late and aren't you hungry?"
 
Seungyeon followed behind him. "The ride was really fun, what a pity you are not willing to join me." Seungyeon pouted again.
 
"I'm really sorry for not being able play it with you, you probably wouldn't wanna see MBlaq's G.O pee in his pants do you?" G.O joked.
 
"Hahahaha! You're exaggerating." Seungyeon laughed it off.
 
They went to one of the Korean restaurants in Lotte World and then settled down for some Jjajangmyeon for dinner. Seungyeon was still quite disturbed by the incident earlier that the fans had witnessed them together. "Does celebrity always get followed wherever you go?" Seungyeon was curious.
 
"Not really, it depends on situation. If I'm with my friend, they most probably would not approach me because they know that i need privacy. But when I'm all alone, that would be a different story." G.O explained. "Why?"
 
"Nothing, I just thought that being a celebrity isn't so good after all." Seungyeon said.
 
"Can I ask a favour from you?" G.O suddenly requested. Seungyeon waited for him to speak. "I hope you can see me as who I am and not see me as a celebrity." G.O stated.
 
Seungyeon let out a little laugh. "I have to admit the first day I saw you at the ice cream parlour, I was all surprised. I've never been so up close with a celebrity before. But after today, I realised, you are not that out of reach at all." G.O let out a sigh of relief upon hearing those words. He did not want Seungyeon to see him as a celebrity, he sincerely wants to be her friend. "Thanks for today," Seungyeon said. "Thanks for waiting for me when i cried at the river, thanks for bringing me to Lotte World when you don't even take the rides. Thanks for everything you've done. I owe you once."
 
"Owe?" G.O stopped eating and looked at Seungyeon. "Aren't we friends?" He questioned.
 
"Of course we are... unless you don't regard me as one..." Seungyeon answered.
 
"I do treat you as my friend, and this is what friends are for, be there when you need someone." G.O smiled. "If you think you owe me, then you have to show me what i did today is worthwhile."
 
"How?" Seungyeon was clueless.
 
"By not shedding tears for him anymore." G.O asserted.
 
"Hmm!" Seungyeon nodded. "I promise you, after today, i will be stronger!" Seungyeon said with her fist held next to her face.
 
"Good!" G.O messed with Seungyeon's hair.
 
"Hey... my hair..." Seungyeon protested.
 
Soon after they finished their dinner, they walked back to the river as that was where G.O had left his car in the afternoon and he suggested to give Seungyeon a lift home. Seungyeon was all knocked out in G.O's car. It had been a tiring day for her. When G.O reached her apartment, Seungyeon was still soundly asleep. He turned to face Seungyeon and reached out his hand to want to wake her up. But something inside him stopped him from doing so. She looked so delicate, so pretty and pure. The way she slept, he just could not bear to wake her up, he just want to admire her a little longer. Just then, a sudden movement from Seungyeon gave G.O a fright and he quickly adjust his posture to face the front.
 
"We're here already?" Seungyeon said with sleepy voice.
 
"Neh, let's go, I'll send you up." G.O initiated.
 
"Nono, it's fine, it's good enough to give me a ride home, you don't have to send me all the way up there." Seungyeon said.
 
"But I can't just do things halfway right, since I'm already here, let me see u up there safely." G.O insisted.
 
"Okay then." Seungyeon agreed. They exited the car and walked silently into the apartment and up the stairs. When they were on the second floor, Seungyeon stopped and turned to G.O, "here it is," She then unlock the door, "you wanna come in and have a tea?" Seungyeon asked.
 
"I think I'm fine, it's getting really late, I'm gonna have to head back to the dorm, next time?" G.O said.
 
"Okay.." Seungyeon acknowledged.
 
"Have a good rest." G.O said and patted on Seungyeon's head.
 
"You too." She smiled.
 
G.O turned and walked down the stairs, Seungyeon watched till he had completely disappeared from her sight, only then would she be willing to close the door.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
When G.O reached home, everyone had already turned in to bed. He tipped toe around the house so as to make as little noise as possible while he gathered the necessary things for a shower. After a long and warm shower, G.O lay on his bed, recapping about the things that had taken place today. He enjoyed himself, he don't even know why he had fun when he did nothing but just watched. Was it just her companion he thought. Or maybe... maybe i really like her. Should I really listen to Seungho and give it a try?
 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
A/N:
 
kwonyoora : Hehe. A DATE.
 
niyameonk : Glad that you've enjoyed reading this! Writing is so hard!! having everything in mind but putting them into words is so hard. lol! But! good thing you like it! <3
 
and everyone! thanks again for reading this! Do subscribe yea? :)
 
AND OMG! MBLAQ'S NEW SONG IS OUT TODAY!
OST for Ghost!!
같이 사랑했잖아 [We Loved Together]
The song is so sad. so much love and so much pain.
T_T