Byul - Stars

Rust *On Hiatus till late May 2013*

The bells jingled as someone entered the ice cream parlour. Seungyeon merely just greeted the customer without looking up while doing her dishes at the counter.

"Annyeong!" The customer greeted Seungyeon enthusiastically. The man's voice seemed a little familiar, she turned around and the sight of Lee Joon gave her a shock.
"Lee Joon ssi! What brings you here?"
"I said I'll visit your shop when I'm free and I'm here!"
"Ha.. That was really nice of you."
"Look what I've brought!" Joon lifted the bag on his hand and revealed the name of the famous bakery - 'Abientot Bakery'.
"Omo!" Seungyeon was surprised that Joon had bought from one of exive bakery in town.
"Hmm... But I still would like to have a waffle with chocolate and vanilla ice cream." Joon grinned.
"No problem! That'll be on me, take a seat, I'll bring it to you in a when it's done."
"Arasso." Joon 
 
Though there were not a lot of customers around, but it was enough to create a small commotion. Seungyeon was a little affected by the response, she did not want Joon to feel uncomfortable around the store. Joon, on the other hand, was used to the situation, occasionally he would smile and nod to the people who look directly at him. He set out the cakes he had bought on the table and waited for Seungyeon. The arouma of the waffle started to fill up the entire parlour, Joon was feeling a little hungry, he had not had his lunch before he headed out. He had expected G.O to prepare breakfast like he did the other morning, but he was no where to be seen when Joon woke up. Joon had been quite disturbed, G.O had been acting weirdly lately. In the past, no matter what happened, G.O would always find it comfortable confiding in any one of the members, but he seemed to have been keeping secrets to himself recently.
 
"What are you thinking about?" Seungyeon asked as she set the waffle ice cream on the table and sat down on the seat opposite Joon.
"Nothing.. It's just some member stuff." Joon sighed.
"Probably you might wanna share it, see if I could help in any ways?"
"I don't know, G.O seemed to be up to something lately, he'd been avoiding my questions. Probably he just thinks that I am not worth confiding in."
"G.O..." Seungyeon felt as if something choked her. "Maybe he just didn't know how to bring across to you? Give him some time to sort things out, I believe when he is ready to say it, he'll tell you everything." She was not quite sure what questions Joon had asked, but she had a feeling that it might be something to do with G.O and her.
"Is that so?"
"Yes, and if you were to worry more, your waffle will be covered with melted ice cream."
"AHH! My waffle!" Joon shouted, Seungyeon giggled at his exaggerated respond.
Joon started digging in his waffle, stuffing it into his mouth as if he had not eaten for years. He spreaded some chocolate ice cream onto a small piece of waffle he had cut out and offered it to Seungyeon with his mouth full of food. "Mokgo shipeo?"
"It's okay, you can have it all." Seungyeon said. "Are you that hungry? No one's snatching the waffle from you, don't choke yourself."
"Hur.. G.O hyung went out without preparing any food, I was too lazy to make ramyeon, and i was starving, but thanks to your delicious waffle, I'm feeling a lot better!" Joon's shot his killer smile at Seungyeon.
"He did not tell you where he had gone?" 
"Nope. Not even a note or a text." Joon pouted. "Wae?"
"Oh.. nothing, I'm just being curious that's all. No other reason." Seungyeon shrugged the subject off swiftly.
Seungyeon stared at the cake in front of her and felt a sudden warmth in her heart. "Lee Joon ssi, gomawo"
Joon was all confused. "Oh.. you meant the cake? Nah, it's nothing."
"Tomorrow is my birthday."
Joon stopped eating and looked up at Seungyeon. "Jinjja?! Saengil chukhahae!! Sorry I didn't know, if not I could have done more."
"No, It's alright, this is good enough." Seungyeon smiled and indulged herself in the cake.
"How old are you?"
"Me? I'm born in the year of 88."
"Jinjja? We're chingu then!"
"Ah, Lee Joon ssi is also 23 this year?"
"Yep!" Joon replied. He soon finished the waffle within minutes and was feeling extremely satisfied with his first meal of the day. "If your ice cream parlour isn't so far from our dorm I could have come here every day for this." Joon pointed at the plate he had emptied a few seconds ago. 
"You would say this because you are hungry." Seungyeon laughed, Joon spotted some whipped cream at the corner of Seungyeon's mouth, he reached out his hand and wiped the cream off her lip delicately with his thumb. Seungyeon eyes widened, the moment his hand come into contact with her cheek, her heart raced, she thought she could hear her own heart thumping.
"Aww, gwiyeowo(cute), you've got cream all over." Joon teased. Seungyeon started checking her lips with her own hand upon hearing that. "Don't worry, I've wiped it off already." Joon assured.
"Uh.. Gomawo." Seungyeon said shyly. "Do you want more waffle?" She tried to divert the subject to avoid the awkwardness that she is feeling in her.
"Heh, the ice cream is sinful enough, I should look after my body since we are gonna start preparing our first full album soon."
"That sounds interesting." Seungyeon tried making herself sound excited although she had already learned from G.O that they will be preparing the album in the coming week. She picked up the empty plate and set it in the sink. 
Joon stood up from his seat and leaned towards the counter. "Yep! It's going to be fun! We're going to participate fully in this album, since it's gonna be our first. All the way from choosing the tracks to producing them, we'll participate in all aspects. Probably even composing!" Joon was just blabbering off. 
 
Seungyeon's mind slowly drifted off. If Mblaq is going to be busy soon, this would mean lesser possibilities of catching up with G.O. Although G.O had promised her that he would accompany her whenever he could, but something is still bothering Seungyeon. As much as she wants to make use of the promise, she was afraid that G.O might need some time off for himself away from all the work. Somehow she had allowed G.O to slip into her life without her realising, she did not know exactly when she had allowed herself to rely so much on him. 
 
"Seungyeon? Seungyeon!!!" Joon shouted.
Seungyeon snapped out of her thoughts and looked at Joon was talkin to her all the while. "Ah.. Mianhe.." Seungyeon apologised.
"Are you okay? You seemed a little bothered."
"I'm okay, really." The moment Seungyeon finished, Joon's phone rang.
 
He turned around and picked up the call. It was his manager who had called for an emergency meeting with the upcoming TV programme producers. He really wished he could stay longer, but he knew the importance of the meeting. Joon had always been the 'face' of Mblaq, always the most wanted member to be starred in various variety programmes due to his entertaining character.
 
"I have some work to attend to, we'll hang out some time soon okay?" Joon said.
"Sure, work is still more important."
"Where's your phone?"
Seungyeon reached into her jeans pocket and pulled out her cellphone. "Right here, wae?" Joon took the phone and dialled a series of number. "What are you doing?" Seungyeon asked.
Joon's phone rang and he flashed it to Seungyeon. "Now I have your number, so I will be able to ask you out the next time!" Joon said. "Alright, I really have to go," he returned Seungyeon the phone and headed for the door.
 
Seungyeon was just staring at the phone in her hand. Am I dreaming? She asked herself. Why is my life so starstruck recently? Just when Seungyeon was deep in her thoughts, a vibration from the text message caused her to jump.
 
Next time just call me Joon.  ^o^
 
Seungyeon smiled at the text message, she thought it was kind of sweet for someone like him to want to befriend her. It seemed like the whole of Mblaq is a fun and friendly bunch of guys to hang out with.
 
*****
 
Dusk was almost setting in and G.O was driving towards his destination to prepare what he had planned for Seungyeon's birthday. He went through a mental checklist, making sure he had everything with him. He had to get everything done before the Seungyeon gets home. It was the first time G.O had ever do such large scale surprise for someone, and being a very detailed person, he want to do it right. The thought of the plan made his palms sweat so badly as he drove. The fifteen minutes drive seemed like a lifetime to him, when he finally reached Seungyeon's apartment, he grabbed the cartons of props and began setting up his surprise. He could not keep the smile off his face, he kept imagining the different kinds of response Seungyeon would have upon seeing what he did. By the time he was done setting up, it was already dark, he checked his watch and realised that Seungyeon would be back in half an hour. He had to go get his cake and park his car somewhere else so that he would not be found out. He did a last check at his preparation and making sure that it was not visible to anyone, he climbed back into his car and drove off for the cake.
 
Seungyeon was on the phone with Gyuri as she walked towards her aparment. Gyuri had called to wish her an advance birthday. Gyuri got caught up with some matters, her dog seemed to have suffered from a fever, she could not celebrate Seungyeon's birthday with her. She had promised that she would make it up to her once things at home is settled. Seungyeon is not the unreasonable kind, furthermore, she understands that Gyuri treats Kkingkkangie (Gyuri's dog) like her own baby. Seungyeon really did not mind not celebrating birthday at all, since in the past, Tae Gyun is not the kind that would fancy birthday celebration, she had learned to just let it pass like any other days. The moment Seungyeon got into her apartment, she slumped right onto her sofa and turned the television on. It was already eleven in the night and the channel was broadcasting on some news that Seungyeon could not be concerned with, she dragged her heavy legs to the bathroom for a shower.
 
After changing into her pajamas, Seungyeon sat herself down at her dressing table and reached for the hair dryer. Just then, her phone rang, she knew exactly the who called, she had customised the song 'One Better Day' for him.

"Yoboseyo?" Seungyeon answered the call.
"Hey, it's me, Byunghee, what are you doing?"
"I'm just done with shower, why are you still up so late?"
"Do you know, tonight when the clock strikes 12, you'll be able to see the brightest star in the universe."
"Ehhh, Gojitmal.... How is it possible when it's so well lit?"
"You don't believe me? Then see it for yourself."

 
Seungyeon hesitated for a moment, she could hear the beep from her wrist watch, which was on the dressing table, indicating that midnight has arrived. She took a step closer to the window, instead of looking up into the sky, something on the ground captured her attention. Candles are burning brightly, the little flames from the candles form into a big "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEUNGYEON". She knew exactly who prepared this. She finally understood why Joon had said G.O was gone since morning without preparing any food for the boys back in the dorm. Tears started to well up in her eyes, those were indeed the brightest stars she had ever seen in her life.

"Happy birthday Seungyeonie." G.O spoke over the phone, Seungyeon realised she was still on the line with G.O.
"Where are you..?" Seungyeon asked. G.O did not answer, but suddenly he hang up on the phone and the doorbell rang. Seungyeon rushed to open it. G.O was standing right in front of her, holding onto a cake with a candle on it. "How did you know..." Seungyeon choked, warm tears are already falling down her cheeks.
 
"You're my last love, neon nae majimak sarang
You're my last love, kkeuteul hamkke hal saram
Geochin sesange seo bada naen hanaye seonmul
Nae nunape tto dareun gijeok, you're the last love."

[ Translation:
  You are my last love You are my last love
  You are my last love The person that will stay til the end
  The one present that I had received from the harsh world
  A different miracle in front of my eyes
  You are the last love ]
 
"Ppali, make a wish before the candle's out." G.O continued.
Seungyeon closed her eyes, still sniffling badly from the crying, she crossed her hands below her chin and made a wish silently. Just when she was about to open her eyes, G.O took the opportunity to give her a peck on her forehead. Seungyeon was taken aback, she stared blankly at G.O, as if someone had stolen her soul.
"The song, I meant it, you'll be my last love, always. I promise you the love I have for you will never change. WIll you accept me?"
Seungyeon gave looked down, there was silent for a while. She managed to give a small nod.
"JINJJA?! You just nodded right?!" G.O could not hide his excitement. He could not believe he had succeeded in getting Seungyeon's trust. "Yes!! Seungyeon is my girlfriend! She has agreed to be my girlfriend!!" G.O was doing little jumps with the cake in his hands.
"Shhh... You are going to wake people up shouting like that." Seungyeon grabbed onto G.O's arm. "Besides, I still want to eat the cake, don't drop it."
"Hah! Sorry, I was just too happy." G.O said.
 
Seungyeon led G.O into her house and he set the cake on the table in the living room. Seungyeon went into the kitchen to grab some forks before returning to the living room.
 
"What about the plates?" G.O questioned.
"It's just the two of us, no one's gonna eat it other than us."
"Makes sense," G.O said as he sat onto the sofa. "What wish did you make?"
"That's a secret. If I tell you, it may not come true."
"Fine...." G.O scooped a portion of the cake with the fork. "Ahhhh" he held the fork in front of Seungyeon, intending to feed her. Seungyeon opened to welcome the cake, but G.O turned the fork to himself and ate the cake instead. He then let out an evil laughter.
"Heyyy!"
 
Seungyeon swiped the cake with her index finger and wiped the whipped cream onto G.O's cheek. G.O was completely lost for words, he did the same to Seungyeon as a revenge and soon the two were running around the house chasing each other, threatening to cover each other faces with cream. This 'war' lasted for about ten minutes before they come into agreement to stop as they slumped back onto the sofa. Just then, G.O remembered something. He went to his bag and pulled out his polaroid camera.
 
"We need to capture this moment down." G.O sounded just like a kid. "It's our Seungyeonie 23rd Birthday!" He held the camera in one hand and wrapped his other hand around Seungyeon's shoulder.
"Kimchi~~~~" They both shouted as G.O hit the snap button.

This was probably the best and the most memorable birthday Seungyeon had ever had. Not only she had found someone who cared for her, she had found love.
 
_______________________________________________________________________________
 
A/N:
 
Yes. I'm back. Sorry for the long wait. *kneels on my knee*
No cliff hanger. :O
How is it How is it???? hahahaha... I'm still trying to improve though... sorry for the poor writing skills.. >"<
 
Here's a full song of Last Luv by MBLAQ. :D

 
@mydark-angel122 hehe. yep. the potato line is really cute. hahaha. and yes G.O did it!
@kwonyoora hehehehe... did i manage to get more feet curls, fingers curl, hair curl? LOL.
@KaRain Yes. I've pulled through my weekend job. It was really bad.. D: >"<
@naznew Annyeong!!! thanks for reading my fic! I hope you've like it so far! :D
@qilahyukjae hey dongsaeng!! hahahahaha.... thanks for your support!!