Determination

Rust *On Hiatus till late May 2013*

That very moment, time seemed to have stopped. They were just centimeters apart from each other.

 
It took several seconds for Joon to realise that he was just staring straight at Seungyeon. He quickly bring her back to her feet. "Mianhe," he apologised. He could feel his heart racing, his face was heating up. He tried avoiding Seungyeon so as to hide his already blushing face. Though the park may not be well-lit, he just want to be safe. He did not know why, but at that moment he was just mesmerised by Seungyeon. 
 
"Gomawoyo," Seungyeon said shyly. "I'll make my move." She walked off as she had finished. She could not feel more embarrassed than anything else. Having to fall in front of someone is bad enough, not to mention falling down in front of Lee Joon. She covered her face with her palms and pouted. She was, too, staring at Joon at that few seconds when he caught her from falling. He was so close to her, it made her heart beat faster than usual. She was so immersed in her own thoughts that she almost forgot the fact that she had to catch the last bus home. She picked up her pace to the bus stop and checked the timing for the last bus service, praying that she had not missed it. To her horror, she had just missed the bus by five minutes. Seungyeon let out a sigh, this means that she would have to break her rules by taking a cab home then. Seungyeon dislike the idea of taking cabs, for her, cab fares are extremely overpriced. If she had a choice she would never let herself enjoy the luxury of taking cabs. She reached for her wallet and saw that she only had 10 thousand won. She started panicking, It would not be enough to even get her halfway home. She had left her cards at home because she did not see the reason for them in the first place. Seungyeon felt devastated, so much for the effort to prevent herself from spending too much, now she was left stranded in an unfamiliar place. It is almost impossible if she were to walk all the way from Kangnam-Gu to her home at Geumho-Dong. Feeling helpless and despaired, she took out her phone and sat at one of the seats at the bus stop. Probably scrolling through the phone list might help her find someone who could at least do her a favour by giving her a drive home. 
 
Byunghee
Gyuri
Hara
Jiyeon
Nicole
 
"Byunghee..." Seungyeon whispered to herself. She hesitated for a while, she tried going down the list but it seemed like she does not have much friends and all her friends live around her area. Mblaq's dorm should not be far from here if Lee Joon did speak the truth. She mastered all her courage and hit on the call button.
 
"Yoboseyo?" 
"Erm, it's me, Seungyeon" 
"Oh? Seungyeon ah," G.O's voice brightened.
"Sorry to bother you at this hour, but.. I think I need your help." 
"Are you okay?" He sounded concerned. 
"I'm kind of stuck at Kangnam-Gu and.."
"Where are you?" He asked before Seungyeon could finish.
"I'm at the bus stop near a 7-Eleven."
"I'll be right there." and with that G.O hang up the phone.
 
Seungyeon could not be more grateful, at least someone was really concerned about her. She waited patiently for G.O. The street was rather quiet by then, just then Seungyeon felt her stomach growled. It then dawned to her that she had spent the entire evening chatting with Lee Joon and had forgotten about her dinner. She had the urge to rush to the convenient store which is just round the corner to grab a cup ramyeon but at the same time she was worried that G.O might arrive anytime if she were to leave the bus stop. She decided to just wait for him and cook some hot ramyeon when she gets home. She started recalling the things that Joon and her had talked about earlier on. She did not expect G.O to take up the role of the 'omma' in the dorm. He did not come across as feminine as what Lee Joon had described him to be.
 
It did not take long for G.O to arrive. He stopped his black SUV by the bus stop and wound down his window. Seungyeon seemed to be immersed in her own world and he caught Seungyeon smiling to herself. The sight of her silly smile only make G.O realise why he had fallen for her.
 
"Mind sharing what's in your thought?" G.O asked.
"Oh! Gamjjakiya!"
G.O let out an evil laugh seeing the shocked expression on Seungyeon's face. It was just priceless and beyond cuteness. 
"When did you.."
"Just when you were in your own thoughts and smiling to yourself." 
"Ahh..." Seungyeon's face immediately flushed bright pink. She cupped her face with her hands and hurried into the passenger seat.
 
"How can you not notice me?" G.O asked as he drove. "What were you thinking about just now?"
"Huh?" Seungyeon was caught off her guard. She could not possibly tell G.O that she was thinking about him. The things that Joon had told her, about how dorky he was in the dorm and how he always takes care of the members. "I was just... thinking.."
"It's alright Seungyeon, you don't have to force yourself to say if you don't feel like it." G.O smiled. Though he felt a little ache somewhere at the corner of his heart that Seungyeon has things that she do not want him to know, he knew he should not force her to say things that she is not comfortable saying. "Anyway, what are you doing here, I mean, it's late already, it could be dangerous for a girl to be alone in the streets."
"I haven't had the chance to come around this area, so I wanna take the opportunity to shop around." Seungyeon explained. "I should have checked the timing for the last bus service, really sorry to trouble you at this hour, but I ran out of cash and.. and.." She paused for a moment. "and you are the only friend that lives around this area.." She whispered to herself.
G.O let out a slight laugh. "Ahh... So it's just cuz I'm the only one that lives around here, that's why you phoned me up..." He teased.
"Ani, don't get the wrong idea! It was because Lee Joon ssi told me.."
"LeeJoon?" G.O thought he had heard wrongly.
"Neh... I met Lee Joon ssi a while ago.." Before Seungyeon could finish, her stomach had betrayed her by letting out a loud growl. "Omo....." She blamed her stomach for not holding in for at least a while longer. She felt the need to hide herself in a hole.
"You haven't had your dinner?" Instead of joking about it, G.O was concerned.
"Er.. not yet..."
 
Without any warning, G.O made an immediate U-turn, causing a vehicle driving right behind him to honk at him. It's not like he would care about it anyway, the main thing in his mind now is the person he cared most had not had her dinner.
 
 
"Byunghee! What are you doing?" Seungyeon thought she almost died.
"Taking you to dinner." G.O answered calmly.
"Okay, but safety first okay?"
"Neh, arasso!" G.O mischieviously stepped on the clutch pedal, the car accelerated instantly.
"Ya! Jung Byunghee!!" Seungyeon screamed as she grabbed onto her seatbelt.
G.O couldn't help but laughed at Seungyeon's reaction as he slowed down the car a little. His mind started to work on the possible eateries around the area that are still operating at such hour, he then recalled the pasta house that Cheondung had brought him there once for supper.
 
When they arrived at the pasta house, Seungyeon was attracted to the exterior of the pasta house the moment she got off the car, amazed by the decorations. Little blinking lightbulbs surrounded the edges of the wooden roof of the shophouse as well as the signboard greeted them brightly. The entire wooden feeling creates an unique atmostphere. The red wooden walls matches just right with the brown wooden roof, with a sign that reads 'Splendid Pasta'.
 
"Whoa... This place is so beautiful..." Seungyeon's eyes were fixed on the blinking lightbulbs on the roof.
"Keu-jyo" G.O was satisfied with his own decision to bring her here. "Ppali kaja, I'm hungry already!" He walked ahead of Seungyeon and held the door open for her.
 
A waitress attended to the duo and assisted them to a seat near the window. "We are having a promotion now, it's a couple special." She took out the menu and showed it to them.
"Alright, we'll take the couple special then." G.O closed the menu and returned it to the waitress.
"Neh, aragetsseubnida." The waitress answered politely and walked off to prepare their order.
"People might think we are a couple." Seungyeon said.
"Are you unhappy about the decision?"
"Ani.. It's just.. You know, you are a celebrity, what would others think?"
"I don't really care how others will think, if I cared too much it would be hard for me to lead a life."
"Hmm.." Seungyeon nodded.
 
Soon, the dishes are served to them in an orderly manner. The bread and the soup came first, followed by the pasta.
"You were saying something about Joon earlier, you met him?" G.O asked.
"Neh, if not for him, I probably wouldn't be here having dinner."
"Something happened?"
"I met some weird guys at the park earlier in the evening, fortunately Joon came and scare them off."
"You shouldn't have wondered into deserted places at night, what if something happened? What if Joon wasn't there?" G.O was getting a little anxious.
Seungyeon pouted, she did not expect this coming.
"Mianhe, I was just a little.. afraid.. of losing you." G.O muttered.
Seungyeon ate her pasta with a smile plastered on her face. At least someone cared. It had been some time since someone sincerely cared for her. Tae Gyun used to care, but the concern did not last long. Guess that was what people refer to, 'the honeymoon period'. That was what is holding Seungyeon back from accepting a new relationship, the fire may die, the enthusiasm may fade, people may change. In other words, it's insecurity.
 
"You know, I really do appreciate that you cared." Seungyeon told G.O as she picked up some fusilli using her fork. "Honestly, I like you as a friend, I don't wish to lose you as a friend. I've lost one, I don't wish to see the same thing happening again." She stuffed the fusilli into and looked at G.O. He had stopped eating and was looking intensely at her.
"Not everyone acts the same way, I understand your stand, but I want you to know, I'm different from Tae Gyun."
"Of course you are, you're G.O."
"Not that, and I would like you to call me Byunghee."
"Arasso Byunghee.."
"That's the way." G.O reached out and pinched Seungyeon on her cheek.
"Yah! Apa!!" Seungyeon protested.
 
The sumptuous dinner was on G.O's treat, Seungyeon had her wallet opened and insisted on going on dutch, but G.O just would not let her pay a single cent. Although he would want to spend more time with her since this would be the last week of his holidays before his schedule comes packing in again, but he knew that the night isn't young anymore. They chatted a bit in the car during the journey to Seungyeon's place. Seungyeon shared stories about how she met up with Gyuri because Gyuri was her late sister's classmate. Gyuri had always treated Seungyeon as if Seungyeon is her own sister ever since her family had met up with the accident. Seungyeon also get to know a little more about G.O. Like how he ended up being a singer because he of his passion for singing. He was the lead singer for a band back then when he was schooling. He also told Seungyeon that he took part in a singing competition and he came in second, first place was Girl's Generation's Taeyeon who is two years younger than him. It was then that he wanted to get serious into singing, he dropped out of high school and persue his dream. It was fortunate that his parents are supportive enough. They did not realise how time flies when they were enjoying the chats, soon, they arrived at Seungyeon's apartment.
 
"Thanks for tonight." Seungyeon said as she unbuckled the seatbelt.
"Remember, next time if you wanna go anywhere, you can always call me."
"Jinjja?"
"Yep, I'll accompany you, except if I have a schedule."
"You'll be busy soon?"
"Sadly yes, we'll start preparation for a new full album next week."
"Whoa..." Seungyeon was still amazed by the fact that G.O is a celebrity, this is the first time she ever knew someone who is a celebrity. Any celebrity related stuff would come across as amazing to her.
"I'll let you listen to the demo once it's done!"
"Jeomalyo?"
"Of course!"
"Promise!" Seungyeon held out her pinky. G.O immediately hooked his pinky to hers and stamped their thumbs as a prove. "Alright, I'll have to go, really thanks for everything tonight! Have a safe trip home!"
"I will, and you are welcome." G.O smiled.
"Annyeong..." Seungyeon opened the car door.
G.O watched her as she walked towards her apartment. Halfway, Seungyeon turned back and waved at G.O again, the small gesture could make him fly to the sky. He quickly waved back before she looked away.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Joon was watching some late night movie and he was clearly aware that G.O is still not home yet. G.O had been avoiding Joon's question about his whereabouts, this time, Joon is going to make sure G.O says everything. He heard someone pressing the code of the front door, he immediately shot up from his seat and sprang towards the door. 
 
"Jung Byunghee!" Joon called out the first thing when G.O opened the door.
"Whoa! You gave me a fright!" G.O said. "Why aren't you asleep?"
"Where have you been?" Joon wrapped his arm around G.O's neck and kicked the door closed.
"Yah! Mwo-ha-neungoya?! Yah. Let go!"
"Answer me, and then I'll let you free!"
"I went for supper!"
"Supper?" Joon slowly released G.O from his grip. "I thought you are suppose to avoid this kind of things. Be honest! Are you dating someone?"
G.O walked towards his room, pretending not to hear anything.
"Yah!" Joon walked behind G.O and grab him by his neck again and swing him to the sofa. "Answer me...." He sat on top of G.O.
"What was the commotion about?" Seungho walked out of his room and saw Joon on top of G.O. "Mwo yah.. What are the two of you trying to do in the middle of the night? Boy-boy relationship is restricted in Mblaq please."
"What?!" Joon got off G.O instantly. "It's not what it seems. I definitely have no interest in men, not to mention fur hyung."
"That's personal attack." G.O protested. 
"I don't care what the two of you are doing but keep it down, the rest are asleep already." Seungho warned.
 
G.O took the opportunity to escape from Joon and walked into his room. He laid on his bed thinking about the things that Seungyeon had mentioned in the pasta house. He knew she must be afraid that the new relationship might just end up like the previous one, he would not blame her since Tae Gyun was her first boyfriend, it would be hard for her to trust another person. He knew he had a lot to work on, to open Seungyeon up to him. Just then, he recalled seeing Seungyeon's identification card during the payment at the pasta house. Her birthday is just two days later, he just had a brilliant idea on what he had to do. Just wait and see. G.O thought.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
A/N:
 
Yes! I've finally churned out another chapter! hurhur. I got so upset after the whole chpt8-lost incident i've kinda lost the feelings to write. But thanks to @KaRain it's back! and here's an update!!
Oh.. and i probably wouldnt be able to update till next week. cuz i have a temporary job over the weekends. It's gonna be tiring cuz it's a full day job.. so i hope you guys will understand.
i still love u guys!
Today was the SIII Idol competition thing. Byunghee is soooo cute!!!! (All pictures credit as tagged, please do not edit/remove logo. Thanks!)
 
The 87Line Potatoes
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
@mydark-angel122 HELLO! thanks for reading and subscribing!! much loves!!
@KaRain YES! Thanks for saving me!! What a coincident! your ringtone is You're my +.. haha! ooo.. about the ending, i wont disclose much.. we'll see how as the story progress okay? hehe..
@kwonyoora Your comment was deleted after the shutdown of AFF. But i still remember it. Yes Joon. but no, cannot 'bang' joon.. lol! This is no 'This is war'.. hahaha.. He is so needed in this story.