Surprises surprise

Rust *On Hiatus till late May 2013*

Warning: Long chapter. :p

Polaroid pictures are laying all over the table surrounding the unfinished cake. A few of them with serious poses, plenty of them with goofy and cheeky expressions. Some even with cream all over their faces. Seungyeon picked up the particular polaroid picture that caught her eyes, G.O was kissing her cheek in the picture. To be honest, she still was unsure if she is really ready for a relationship, but something about G.O told her that she could trust him. He had always been there for her when she needed someone. G.O was like a gaurdian angel, always by her side.

"What are you thinking about?" G.O came back from washing off the mess caused on his face. He sat next to Seungyeon on the floor between the table and the sofa.
"This," Seungyeon showed G.O the photo that she was holding on to. "How many girls have you done this to?"

Seungyeon's question struck G.O hard, he had never expected her to be so straight forward with these things. He cannot decide if this was a good thing or a bad one. 

"How honest do you want me to be?" G.O asked.
"You're not suppose to lie in a relationship."
"Okay," G.O took a deep breath. "I've dated 20 times, but only got into a relationship for 11 times." G.O paused, it was hard to read Seungyeon's expression, she seemed to have a lot of emotions going through her, shock, disappointment, sadness, written all over her face. "You're not angry are you?"
"That's really a lot."
"Are you scared?" G.O asked.

That was the word - 'scared'. Seungyeon looked away from G.O, or probably insecure is what best describe how she is feeling now. 

"You're afraid that I will not take this relationship seriously because I've dated so many times." G.O continue to study Seungyeon's expressions, somehow, he sense that he had hit the point. He brought Seungyeon into his arms and carressed her tightly, brushing through her hair gently. "Seungyeon you're not like anyone else, you're the first girl who made me realise what love at first sight was, the first who made me wanna go after, the one who made me go crazy."

"You've never chased after anyone before?" Seungyeon got out of G.O's arms and looked at him.
"Nope, it's always when someone ask if I wanna date, I thought I would just give it a try. I guess that was why the relationships didn't last long. Members have been teasing me a lot, they think I take relationships lightly. But that's not true, they just haven't seen how I was like when I'm in a relationship." G.O paused to check on Seungyeon, making sure he had not said anything wrong. He placed both his hands on her shoulder, "I need you to trust me, you're special to me. You don't know how much struggles I've been through before I picked up my courage to go after you."

"Struggles?" Seungyeon looked confused.

G.O felt his own breath stopped. He could not decide if he should tell Seungyeon that he was stressing out on his family history of heart problems. Deep down inside him, he knew she has the right to know, but things have just gotten stable, burdening Seungyeon with something that uncertain is unnecessary. The guilt of having to get Seungho involved in the secret is already bothering G.O a lot. "I've never chased after anyone before, it's a breakthrough you know." G.O poked Seungyeon's cheek with his finger. He did not lie though, he merely just left out the details.

Seungyeon grabbed his finger and held it in her hand. "Promise me something?"
"Anything."
"I'll give you all my trust, but you have to promise me that you will never lie to me."
"I promise you," G.O placed both his arms on Seungyeon's shoulder, "but you have to promise me something in return."
"What is it?"
"Promise me that you will not believe whatever the media says, I don't know how hard this relationship will be, but I will fork out time for you if I am able to, I will protect you from all the harms, but promise me you'll not be affected by any rumours the media creates." G.O requested. Seungyeon nodded firmly. G.O has never come across a girl as sweet as her, someone so trustable, so loveable. He checked his watch and realised it was already close to three in the morning. "Hey, It's late already, you need to rest soon."
"You're leaving already?"
"Wae? Can't bear to see me leave?" G.O teased. He cupped Seungyeon's face in his hands, "I'll be picking you up tomorrow morning, it's your birthday, we'll spend the day together, do something memorable, so be a good girl and rest now okay?"

Seungyeon smile brightly, G.O had put so much thought into planning her birthday. How not to love this man even more? G.O took the leftover cake and head for the refrigerator, Seungyeon picked up all the polaroids photos laying on the table and place them nicely into a pile.

"Alright, I need to go," G.O grabbed his bag and walked towards the door. "Sleep well okay."
"Byunghee," Seungyeon called out. "Gomawoyo, thanks for doing so much for me."
"Silly girl." G.O messed with Seungyeon's hair.
"Heyyy.."
G.O loves to see the way Seungyeon gets irritated with his actions. He leaned forward and kissed her on the cheek. "Goodnight!" He said quickly and rushed out of the door. He closed the door behind him and leaned on it, he thought his heart was going to pop out. At the same time, he felt satisfied with the day, whatever he had planned went extremely well, not to mention that Seungyeon had finally agreed to be his girlfriend. Tomorrow is going to be another challenge, but he has got faith in himself, did a 'fighting' gesture and left for his car.

*****

It was already half past three when G.O got home, the members were already in bed. He tipped toe towards Seungho's room, hoping not to wake anyone up, it is always during this time of the night he wish their dorm walls were better soundproofed. Seungho must still be awake, his body clock is slightly different from the rest of them, this contributes to the reason why he had a hard time waking up for their schedules and it explains why his dark circles are never recovering. G.O turned the doorknob gently, trying to create as little noise as possible, he saw Seungho laying flat on his bed playing his iPad.

"Nuguseyo?" Seungho asked, not looking away from his game.
"Na, G.O.."
"Wae?" Seungho's eyes still fixed on his iPad.
"I did it."
"Did what?" He was starting to get a little annoyed that he could not concentrate on his game.
G.O hit on the 'home' button on the iPad and Seungho went into a moment of shock.
"Ya! Mwo ya!" G.O immediately covered Seungho's mouth with his hand, hoping that scream did not alarm any of the members who were asleep. He was not ready to let the rest know anything, yet.
"Ya.. lower down a little. It's not early you know." G.O warned.
Seungho let out a deep sigh and nodded, G.O gradually release his hand from Seungho.
"I did it," G.O continued, "Seungyeon agreed."
"Ah! Jinjja?! Whoa! Jal-handa chingu! You did it!" Seungho whispered loudly and brought G.O into a hug.
"Thanks for all the advise you've given me."
"Ehh, we're a family, don't be so polite." Seungho held onto G.O's shoulder with his hand and gave him a firm look, "I'm glad you've put some thoughts into my words."

Being a leader and a friend of G.O, he felt really happy that he had taken a big step out of his fear, but he knew that the road that lies ahead would not be an easy one. The beans will spill one day for sure, if that day were to come, the media will make good use of the piece of news and make a big fuss about it. But, no matter what, Seungho would never give up on him.

"Don't forget to bring her to a dinner with us." Seungho told G.O
"I was thinking if you guys could do me a favour tomorrow." G.O took a deep breath, "It's Seungyeon's birthday and I was thinking if we could do something for her?"

*****

Sunlinght was shining through the laced curtains in Seungyeon's room but she does not seem to be affected by the rays. She had a hard time falling asleep the previous night, her mind was filled with G.O the entire time. The birthday surprise, the things that they talked about, his eyes, his smile, his everything. The doorbell rang for countless times but Seungyeon was too deeply asleep to even hear a single thing. Just then, her cellphone which was hidden under her pillow rang, the loud music and the strong vibration shocked her up. 

"Yoboseyo...." Seungyeon answered lazily, her eyes still closed.
"Ya, aegi piglet ah~ ireona seyo~"
Seungyeon's eye shot open upon hearing G.O's voice. "Omo, what time is it now?" She checked th clock on her phone which showed ten in the morning.
"Ppali open the door..."
"You're outside already?!" Seungyeon started panicking, she did not want to let G.O see the hideous state she was in. "Jamkkanmanyo". She hang up the call and quickly got out of bed and check on herself on the mirror. She rushed into the bathroom and wash up a little and checked her breathe before getting to the door. She opened the door and saw G.O holding a big gift box.
"Saeng-il chukhahae!" G.O shouted and handed Seungyeon the present.
"Kamsahamnida." She hurried into living room and untie the ribbon from the box, she open the lid and it revealed a sweet white dress. "You bought this?" Seungyeon lifted the dress and placed it on her body.
"You like it?"
"A lot! Thank you so much!"
"You'll wear this today then." G.O suggested.
"Now?"
"Yep. Go prepare yourself."
"Okay, but you'll have to wait while I take a bath, you wanna watch tv?"
"I'll handle it myself, just go ahead."
"Arasso.. Just make yourself confortable okay."
"I will." G.O replied.

When he saw Seungyeon disappeared into her room, he went near her room door and waited till he heard the shower being . He hurried to the door and grabbed the bag of groceries he had hidden outside, he had intended to prepare breakfast for Seungyeon. He predicted that an hour should be sufficient for everything. He put on the apron to prevent his shirt from getting dirty for the date later on and gradually lay out the ingredients on the kitchen counter. Ham, eggs, sausage, lettuce, etc. 

"Chef Byunghee gogogo! Fighting!" He cheered on himself. 

After having done all the cookings, he laid the plate of western breakfast and the necessary cutleries on the dining table and waited for Seungyeon in the living room patiently. An hour was obviously more than enough. He the TV and browse through the channels aimlessly, the moment Seungyeon's door was opened, he shot up from his seat. G.O's jaw dropped at the sight of Seungyeon. She, in the white dress, was simply angelical. Her hair was let down with sweet curls at the end of it, the slight make-up which she had put on made her features stand out a little more. 

"Why are you staring like that..?" Seungyeon asked.
"You're.. beautiful..."
Seungyeon's face went hot, it was the first time G.O had complimented on her looks. Just then, the arouma coming from the kitchen caught her attention. "Do you smell something?" She asked.
"Matda! Close your eyes." G.O finally regain his senses.
"Why?"
"Just do as I say." He went over to Seungyeon and led her to the dining table.
"Cha, open your eyes now..."

The moment Seungyeon opened them, the sumptuous breakfast lay before her eyes, she was lost for words, besides being grateful towards G.O, she did not know what else she could tell him. 

"Why..? You don't like it?" G.O asked from behind her, leaning forward to see why she had kept silent.
"No, I love it, gomawo Byunghee." She turned back and gave G.O a hug.
"Glad that you like it, come on, let's eat!" He patted Seungyeon's head.

After breakfast, G.O took Seungyeon to his car and he was driving somewhere. He kept contacting Seungho through text messages to make sure things were going smoothly.

"This is for you." G.O handed Seungyeon an envelope.
She opened the envelope and it revealed two concert tickets, however, there was no performer's name on the ticket. "Whose concert are we watching?"
"I have no idea, I bought it because I thought it would be interesting to find out who is performing for it." G.O said.

Seungyeon thought the concept for the concert was rather weird, she was even more amazed that people actually do buy the tickets without having to know who is performing for the show. When they arrived at the Seoul Olympic Park, Seungyeon was looking out for the banners that would at least give a little clue as to whose concert she was going, but she there were no banners put up for the performance. She was expecting to see the place crowded with spectators, but probably because they were an hour early for the show, there wasn't anyone in the hall yet. They started looking for their seats and found it on the second row from the stage.

"I need to go to the washroom. Why don't you take your seat first." G.O told Seungyeon.
"Okay, don't take too long okay." She felt weird being alone in an empty auditorium.
"I won't" G.O assured and left quickly.

The moment G.O disappeared from the hall, Seungyeon began to regret her decision of staying here alone, she started meddling with her phone to distract herself from the silence. The lights suddenly went off as the stage curtains drew open. She startled, the scheduled timing for the show was suppose to be an hour later, besides, G.O was nowhere to be seen. Just then, the big screen on stage showed a picture of Mblaq, Seungyeon was shocked, she did not expect it to be them. A few seconds later, the picture dissolved and words began to appear, forming into 'Celebrating Seungyeon's Birthday'.  Fireworks shot from the front of the stage and the Blaqies emerged from the lifting platform as the music to 'Y' came playing. G.O was just right there on stage, dancing and singng to the song with the rest of the boys. Seungyeon has yet to recover from the state of shock. She noticed G.O winked at her from the stage, she began to feel herself once again. He had prepared the concert for her, the tickets were fake, she started feeling touched. She realised she had made the right decision to accept G.O, this was beyond what normal people would think of doing. G.O was so charming performing on stage she got to witness the charismatic side of him. He was indeed a star, a bright bright star.

*****

Seungho had broke the news to the members in the morning that G.O had finally found a girl after so long, and that they will be doing a mini showcase for G.O. Though it came off as last minute for them, it did not hinder their professionalism. G.O, on the other hand, had already contacted a technician he knew for years to prepare everything for him. The boys went to the venue earlier in the morning to do a rough rundown, since they had practised the dances for thousands of times, it did not bother them, the only thing that required a thorough check was the microphones and the amount of stage space since it was their first time performing at a real concert hall. Although they all knew that there will only be one audience, they could not help but get excited for the show.

*****

Joon caught a glimpse of the girl who was sitting in the audience seats in the midst of his performance. He was stunned to see Seungyeon. It's her? But how? Questions started piling up in his mind. Seungyeon had never mentioned anything about G.O during their meetings, he was so right that G.O was seeing someone, but he had no idea that the girl turned out to be Seungyeon. He felt the urge to walk down the stage and ask Seungyeon, but he knew that he should not ruin the performance just for his personal matters, since he had already promise to do a favour for G.O, he knew he had to do it good. He was not exactly angry, he just felt the need to know why he was kept in the dark.

They performed some of their hit songs like 'Oh Yeah', 'G.O.O.D Luv', 'One Better Day'. As the fast pace songs come to an end, the boys took down their ear mics and changed to hand held mics in preparation for a medley ahead.

"Today is a special performance for a special someone." Seungho started the talk. The words meant so much to Seungyeon, she felt a sense of recognition. Like the boys do approve of her being G.O's girlfriend.
"Neh, majayo. G.O hyung had been so secretive that none of us knows anything about it." Cheondung added.
"G.O hyuuuuunng! How could you not introduce Seungyeon to us???" Mir shouted.

Seungyeon laughed at Mir's outbreak.

"Kure, I'm sorry for keeping it from you guys, but because I did not know how to put it in words. Yeoreobun, this is Seungyeon, and Seungyeon, these are my brothers, Mblaq imnida." G.O introduced. Seungyeon rose from her seat and bowed to the boys. It was then she noticed Lee Joon had not been talking. He was just staring at her, she knew she had a lot to explain to him.

"Lee Joon, say something.." Seungho said.

Joon looked at Seungho, then turned to Seungyeon's direction. "Why didn't I know, I knew G.O was up to something, but I didn't know it's you." He stopped, preventing himself from saying further. Seungyeon looked at him with an apologetic look, Joon saw that and he flashed her a smile, trying his best to not reveal too much.

"Cha, the song coming up next will be the last song for the show. G.O goon has especially chose these as the last song of the day for a special meaning behind it, please listen it well." Seungho announced.

The music come setting in and they sat on the high metal stools on stage and performed the last song, a medley of 'My Dream and 'Last Luv'. The lyrics were so meaningful that Seungyeon started to tear. Nearing the end of the medley, G.O got out of his seat and walked down to where Seungyeon was and wiped away her tears using his thumb. "I love you" he whispered. He gave Seungyeon a hug.

Joon felt his heart tightened, this feeling was new to him, he tried to look away to distract himself.

Screams were coming from the boys who were still on stage and Mir was jumping around with excitement. "Ya, stop it." G.O spoke into the mic and the boys giggled. Seungyeon and G.O both looked at each other and laughed. "Wait for me here while we grab our stuff okay."

Seungyeon nodded.

The boys went backstage to change into a fresh outfit and pack their belongings. Joon was the first to return to where Seungyeon was. Seungyeon saw Joon coming from the side of the auditorium, she ran towards him.

"Joon!" Seungyeon called out. "Are you mad?"
Joon looked at her with a blank face, "A little."
"I didn't mean to keep everything from you, judging from the way you say it G.O seemed to have kept it from the rest of you, I believe he has his reasons to do so. It wouldn't be nice if I were to say anything since it concerns him as well." Seungyeon looked at Joon, hoping he would get what she was trying to bring across.
"Arasso."
"Are you still angry?"
"I'm not a mean person you know." He forced a smile. His heart was in a constant turmoil, he was not being honest about how he felt at the moment, but he did not know how to bring it across to Seungyeon either.

Seungyeon heaved a sigh of relief, she did not want to lose Lee Joon as a friend because of a trivial matter. She was glad that Joon  could understand her stand.

"Hyung! You're here! We're looking everywhere for you." Mir shouted at Joon. "Oh, Seungyeon ssi annyeong!" His tone changed when he noticed Seungyeon.
"Annyeong." Seungyeon greeted.
"By the way, Seungho hyung was suggesting that we could have an early dinner together, is that alright?" Mir asked.
"Of course, it's my pleasure to dine with you guys."
“You don’t have to be that polite with us,” Joon joked.

The rest of the members came joining them in the auditorium, G.O walked over to Suengyeon and held her hand in his, “Come on, let’s go to our favourite Samgyupsal restauarant!” G.O said. The members started making noises teasing the couple, Seungyeon wanted to let go of his hand but G.O held it tighter. "Yah, you guys monkey?" G.O retorted.
"Yes Hyung, OOHH OHH AHH AHH!!" Mir immitated the monkeys, causing laughters to erupt from the rest of them, including Seungyeon.
"Guys, I just remembered I have an appointment to attend to," Joon said, "I'm afraid I can't join you, mianhe." With that, Joon walked off from the group.
"Hyung!" Cheondoong shouted. "Joonie hyung!" Joon did not response. "Aish, why so sudden?"
"Gwenchana, we'll just go ahead then." Suengho said.

Despite being out with the rest of the boys, G.O stick by Seungyeon to make sure she would not feel awkward among the group. The boys had never seen this side of G.O before, him being so gentlemen towards Seungyeon, at times the members gets shivers all over them. Even while they were eating, G.O helped Seungyeon to gather the food that she wanted and helped her with her drinks.

"Hyung, whenever we asked you to help us get our drinks, you said it's self service here," Mir whined, "this is so unfair, I wanna be hyung's girlfriend too."
"I'm sorry but I'm straight." G.O countered.
"I DON'T CARE!!!" Mir shouted.
"Don't mind Mir, he's always like that." Cheondoong told Seungyeon.
"It's okay, he's cute in that way." Seungyeon laughed.
"Cute? You won't think it's cute if you experience this everyday." Seungho said while biting on his meat.
"Hyung! Are you saying you're sick of me?" Mir pouted.
Seungho looked at Mir while he opened his mouth to engulf a meat wrapped with lettuce and then looked away.
"HYUNG! Now you are ignoring me!!!" Mir cried.
G.O hit Mir on his head. "Yah, stop it, people are looking at you."

Suengyeon had so much laughter just by watching them, the dinner was an enjoyable one. It seemed like she had worried too much for not being able fit in. The boys had made it comfortable for her, fooling around, creating so much laughters. They did not seemed to be as far-fetched and as chic-dol as the media had portrayed, they are still boys who act like their age. After the dinner, G.O had suggested that he will be sending Seungyeon home and he had asked the members to head home first.

Seungyeon was looking out of the car window enjoying the scenery when she noticed G.O driving through an unfamiliar route. "I don't think this is the way to my home." Seungyeon turned to look at G.O, "are we lost?"
"Nope," G.O said. "I'm kidnapping you."
"Nonsense." Seungyeon saw G.O driving up a hill, she was starting to get a little worried. Anything could happen between two opposite genders, besides, today was only their first day of being in a relationship officially, she wasn't prepared for anything too intimate.

The car finally come to a halt when they reached the top of the hill. G.O unbuckled his seatbelt and got out of the car, the fresh air welcomed him as he spreaded his arms to feel the breeze. He turned back and saw Seungyeon still seated in the car, frozen, he went to her side and open the door.

"You're not getting down?"
"Why are we here?" Seungyeon's voice trembled a little. "You're not going to.. you know.."
"To what?" G.O was all confused.
"To.. do that..."
"That?"

G.O suddenly realised what Seungyeon was trying to say. A cheeky thought came up in his mind, he leaned closer and closer to Seungyeon, till their faces were just inches apart. Seungyeon shut her eyes tight, holding onto the seatbelt with both her hands as if clinging on to her dear life. Seungyeon could feel G.O's breath on her face, the imtimacy is driving her insane.

G.O let out a sudden giggle, "silly girl."
Seungyeon opened her eyes to realise nothing happened, she felt a gush of embarrassment.
"I'm not that kind of guy." G.O said.
"Ya, you and your secrecy, it's hard not to imagine stuff okay." Seungyeon said as she unbuckled her seatbelt and got out of the car.

G.O walked over to the boot of the car and brought out a picnic mat and laid it on the grass just few meters ahead of the car. Seungyeon watched his every action with curiosity. G.O sat down on the mat and looked back at Seungyeon.

"Come on here." G.O called.
Seungyeon walked towards the mat and sat next to him. He made her lay down on his lap, it was then that Seungyeon gasped. Countless amount of stars are shining and blinking brightly in the clear night sky.
"It's pretty isn't it?" G.O asked while looking at the spectacular view.
"Neh.. You're really good at exploring places." Seungyeon said without taking her eyes off the stars.
"Saeng-il chukha-hae chagiya."
Seungyeon smiled at the way G.O address her. "Gomawo, Byunghee oppa."
They both laughed at their mushiness.

They spent some time admiring the sky and enjoying the silence away from the busy city life, appreciating their time together, just the two of them, and the stars.

The only thing that they did not know, they weren't really alone.

______________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

I'm sorry my dear readers~~ I'm so caught up with my work I hardly have time for my personal stuff. And because I dragged so long for this update, I made a long chapter to compensate. *kneels*
I hope you guys like it! :D
This chapter isn't awesome, i know, cuz there are too many information, too many things to say. I hope i did not bore you off. >"<


hehe... isnt he cute? :D

naznew:  Sorry for dragging so long for the update! Here! a long date~~ :D 

mydark-angel122:  Sorry! I didnt have time to update so sooooooon from the previous update! but here I am! do enjoy! :D 

KaRain:  Hurhur.. you're so cute! of course you can call me chingu! That'll make us closer! hahaha. I hope i didnt bore you off this update! thanks for understanding my situation so much. Really, your comments really motivates me a lot. A BIG thank you and a BIG hug for you! <3 hee. 

mrskwonyoora:  Cliff hanger this time. Don't hang me. hahaha. Joon is still appearing. hom g. you're going to kill me. 

syluv247ANNYEONG! :D thanks for reading and commenting. Sorry to drag so long for the update. I hope you're still with me. >"<

AAHHH~ MY EYES ARE POPPING OUT. ANNYEONG~ SARANGHAE~ HUR.

PS: I just created an instagram account to upload pics on G.O, if you are interested in following, my username is mblaqgobyunghee

cheers!