Chapter 4.

Best friends with Royalty

Chapter 4: Stargazing


"Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun, who was sitting outside, turned around to see Chanyeol rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"Hey, what's up?" He asked softly.

"Aren't you cold?" Chanyeol mumbled, taking a seat next to Baekhyun and laying his head on Baekhyun's shoulders.

"Sort of," Baekhyun admitted.

Chanyeol immediately slid off his thick jacket and threw it over Baekhyun.

"Won't you be cold now?"

Chanyeol shrugged and continued to nod off, smiling a bit when Baekhyun attempted to cover the both of them with the jacket. Chanyeol reveled in the fact that Baekhyun was pretty much pressing close against him, their body warmth mixing as one. Baekhyun usually didn't mind skinship when only the two of them were around, but since his brothers and friends were such nosy people, the two of them were hardly alone.

And since Chanyeol was usually the one all touchy-touchy with Baekhyun, he loved it when Baekhyun initiated skinship. It gave him a tingling feeling all over his body.

"What're you doing out here?" Chanyeol asked after Baekhyun had made the two of them comfortable.

"I couldn't sleep."

"But you didn't sleep all last night!" Chanyeol exclaimed, suddenly all awake.

"I don't know, I just don't feel tired. And the night sky is too beautiful to pass up."

Chanyeol tilted his head back and raised his eyes to the velvety midnight blue sky, sprinkled with stars.

"Yeah, it is."

They sat in comfortable silence, this time with Baekhyun's head on Chanyeol's shoulder and Chanyeol's arm around Baekhyun. Anyone who saw them would've thought they were a couple, but the two of them only felt a type of strong friendship between them, or so they claimed.

Somehow, Baekhyun had fallen asleep on Chanyeol, even with his endless chattering (he had begun talking after deeming the silence too long). Chanyeol chuckled at the innocent looking Baekhyun, sweeping his hair out of his face gently. Then, he slowly lifted Baekhyun up, bridal style, careful not to wake the latter. He laid Baekhyun down on his bed and was quite amazed that he had not woken up during the process.

Chanyeol was ready to make it back to his own bed when he suddenly heard Baekhyun mumble an all too familiar name.

"Yeol..."

Thinking that he was awake, Chanyeol immediately returned back to Baekhyun's bedside, only to find him still sound asleep.

"Dreaming about me, aren't we?" Chanyeol whispered quietly, feeling a smile growing on his face.

"Don't... don't..."

Baekhyun's eyebrows were furrowed as if he was dreaming about something unpleasant. His face was pulled into a grimace and his hands had clenched into fists involuntarily.

"What's wrong? Don't what?" Chanyeol said, softly but urgently.

"Don't.... don't get...."

Before Baekhyun could finish his sentence, his hands and face relaxed, and he fell back into a peaceful slumber. Chanyeol sighed and leaned down to fix Baekhyun's blankets. Then, not knowing what force made him do it, he placed a quick kiss on Baekhyun's forehead. It seemed as if the latter had felt it, since his eyelashes twitched a little. Chanyeol froze when he saw the little movement, and begged to the Muffin God that Baekhyun was not awake and did not know what he had just done. He sighed in relief as Baekhyun let out a soft snore. Thanking the Muffin God and the Cupcake God under his breath, he turned to leave again. However, this time, he felt something grab onto his shirt.

His first instinct, when he found that he wasn't able to move, was obviously, to scream. However, after realizing that it was just Baekhyun grabbing onto random things in his sleep, he breathed another sigh in relief, before furrowing his own eyebrows, wondering how to get out of this. Baekhyun's grip, he found, was amazingly tight, not letting go at all. He tried his best to pry the fabric out of Baekhyun's hands, but he didn't see how he could do this without waking him up.

Finally, he gave up and got into bed next to Baekhyun, suddenly feeling the day's fatigue catching up onto him. As he turned to make himself more comfortable, he found himself face to face with his best friend. They were only a few centimeters away from each other, so close that Chanyeol could feel and hear Baekhyun's soft breathing. Chanyeol swore that Baekhyun could probably hear his heartbeat, which had for some ridiculous reason, accelerated.

Chanyeol s one arm around Baekhyun's waist and instinctively pulled him close. It felt so right to have Baekhyun in his arms. He fit better than any of the girls Chanyeol dated or slept with. Chanyeol smiled as he thought about how Baekhyun was going to have a row in the morning, but decided that he'll deal with that later. After placing another small kiss on Baekhyun's forehead, he placed his chin on his head and promptly fell asleep.

 

---

 

Baekhyun didn’t want to wake up. When his mind drove away the sleepiness fogging his brain, he still didn’t want to wake up. He didn’t want to open his eyes, and he knew that if he did, the gentle warmth enveloping him would disappear.

So, instead, he snuggled closer to it, grabbing tightly onto a soft piece of fabric, shifting his head a little when something tickled his cheek. He smiled a little to himself and prepared to get a little more sleep.

“-hyun! Hyunnie~ Baekhyunnie~”

“Mmmfgh.” Baekhyun waved his hand around carelessly as he gripped even tighter onto the fabric.

Suddenly, someone grabbed his wrist, and he felt them bring the back of his hand to something that felt suspiciously like… a pair… of lips?

His eyes immediately flashed open, blinking a couple of times at Chanyeol’s smiling face.

A scream was bubbling in his chest, but he seemed to be unable to open his mouth, or move any part of his body.

“Hyunnie..? Are you alright?” Chanyeol’s smile disappeared, and he put on an adorably worried face.

“……AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

Chanyeol, having seen the shriek coming, unplugged his ears as his beloved silence settled upon the cabin again. He gave Baekhyun a wide smile as he pulled him into his arms and hugged him tightly.

“Good morning, Baekhyunnie~ It’s time for breakfast.”

Baekhyun, apparently still shocked from the morning’s surprise, didn’t come back with a snarky comment on his nickname, much to Chanyeol’s surprise. Then, when he finally realized what was happening, he let out a loud gasp before shoving Chanyeol away with all the strength he had.

“G-get away from me!” He screamed, pushing back against the wall.

Chanyeol, now on the floor, shook his head a few times, before staring at Baekhyun in bewilderment. Then, a few seconds later, he broke out in loud guffaws, rolling around on the floor and slapping the ground.

Baekhyun patiently waited for Chanyeol to stop laughing, and at the same time, tried to calm his own breathing.

Why in the world was Chanyeol sleeping in his bed? Better yet…. Why was he grabbing onto Chanyeol?

“Hello? We heard a scream?”

Chanyeol, who was still giggling, and Baekhyun both looked at the baby-faced boy that had just walked into the room, one hand still on the door handle.

“Hyung… why are you sitting on the floor?” Sehun asked, appearing behind Luhan.

His eyes darted between the laughing Chanyeol and the blushing Baekhyun, before a bit of understanding dawned on him. Knowing his hyung, he probably had surprised Baekhyun by either sleeping in his bed or kissing him good morning. And knowing Baekhyun, he probably pushed Chanyeol away, which explained why he was sprawled on the floor.

Deciding to tease his hyungs a bit, he put on a shocked face.

“D-d-don’t tell me-“ he began, before Baekhyun cut him off with a series of ‘No’s’.

He shook his head a multiple amount of times before blurting out, “I-I didn’t know your relationship was moving so fast! Hyung! How can you be so bad in bed?! Look! Baekhyun-hyung even pushed you away!”

Baekhyun had a horrified expression, his face turning even more red, as he began hyperventilating. Chanyeol narrowed his eyes at Sehun, who was trying very hard to keep up his façade, and a giggling Luhan.

“Yah, Sehun. Don’t make up false rumors,” he said, getting up from the floor and brushing himself off, his eyes never leaving his younger brother.

Sehun’s lips twitched a bit, before he gave up all hope in keeping his act up and began laughing, with Luhan shortly joining him.

“Y-you don’t understand! Baekhyun-hyung’s face was priceless!” He said, gasping for breath.

“Come on, Luhan. I told you they were fine,” Sehun said, tugging on Luhan’s arm. “He wanted to see if you guys were alright, since we heard a super loud scream,” he explained. “Let’s leave the lovebirds to themselves, shall we?”

Luhan nodded and bowed to the two, following Sehun, who shot them a smirk, out of the room.

“Crap. I hope that rascal keeps his little imaginations to himself. If Jongin hears of this, we’ll never get the end of it,” Chanyeol muttered, running his hands through his hair.

Then, he glanced over at Baekhyun and saw that he was still staring wide-eyed at him.

“Come on, aren’t you going to get out of bed?”

Baekhyun nodded slowly, before opening his mouth.

“W-why were you in my bed?” He asked in a whisper, as if he was almost scared to hear the answer.

Unable to pass up such a golden chance in fooling Baekhyun, Chanyeol immediately walked over to Baekhyun’s bed, leaning down so his face was inches away from his friend’s.

“Baekhyun… don’t tell me you don’t remember,” he said in a seductive voice.

Baekhyun visibly gulped, before tilting his head away. “R-remember what?”

“You know…. Yesterday,” Chanyeol crooned, trailing a finger down Baekhyun’s chest. He giggled inwardly as he saw Baekhyun’s eyes grow even wider.

“Yesterday what?” Baekhyun’s voice rose to an impossible screech.

“When we…” Chanyeol trailed off, looking Baekhyun’s body up and down, placing a hand behind his neck and pulling him closer.

Baekhyun let out a small squeak before grabbing Chanyeol’s arm, clenching it tightly.

“Ow ow ow ow ow!” Chanyeol shrieked, as he was reminded painfully how much Baekhyun’s grip hurt.

“When we what?” Baekhyun grounded out, giving Chanyeol a deadly glare, as if daring him to tell him what happened last night.

“When we nothing! Now let go of me!” Chanyeol replied quickly.

Baekhyun let him go after a few seconds, looking at Chanyeol intently.

“What?” Chanyeol asked self-consciously, rubbing his arm.

“We really did nothing right?”

“Yeah…?”

“T-t-then why’d you say all of that suggestive stuff?!”

Chanyeol looked at a cutely blushing Baekhyun, before pinching his cheeks.

“Because teasing you is just so fun~” Chanyeol said in a cute voice, dodging a harsh smack from Baekhyun.

“Why were you in my bed this morning?” Baekhyun asked, finally getting his nerves calmed, ready to get out of bed.

“You fell asleep outside yesterday, and I had to carry you in,” Chanyeol explained, as his eyes followed Baekhyun, who was moving around the room, getting his clothes in order.

Baekhyun, having been Chanyeol’s friend for years, didn’t really care about changing in front of him anymore. He stripped off his shirt with no hesitation, missing Chanyeol’s sharp intake of breath while he was being intent in getting the right body part through the right hole.

Chanyeol, for some reason, felt momentarily stunned as his eyes trailed over his best friend’s milky white chest. It definitely wasn’t the first time he had seen him with his top off, but it was the first time he felt like his heart had just stopped beating.

“And?” Baekhyun prompted after noticing that Chanyeol had stopped talking.

Chanyeol snapped back into reality and stuttered, “A-and then I laid you down on the bed, and you were sleeping, but then you called out my name, so I-“

He broke off when Baekhyun came crashing to the floor, having lost balance in putting on his pants when he heard Chanyeol’s words.

“Ohmygod, are you okay?”

Baekhyun waved Chanyeol away, his face flushing once again. “I c-called out your name?”

“Mhmm,” Chanyeol nodded, his eyes wide. “So then I walked over, and then you said something about ‘Don’t’, and then you stopped sleep-talking, so I was going to walk away, but then you grabbed hold of my shirt, so I couldn’t move, so I just laid down next to you,” he rambled.

Baekhyun blinked a few times, his mind still stuck on the fact that he had mumbled Chanyeol’s name when he was sleeping.

Why in the world had he said his best friend’s name?

He wracked his brains trying to recall his dream from last night. His mind was completely blank.

“Baekhyun? Baekhyun? Are you listening to me?”

“H-huh?”

Baekhyun glanced up from the floor that he had been previously staring at, only to fall backwards when he saw Chanyeol’s face right in front of his.

“Ow…” He muttered as he rubbed the back of his head. “Yah… stop laughing…”

“A-arasso. Now stop doing stupid things and get up for breakfast. We’re going hiking later.”

“…More hiking?”

“Duh, what else do you think we’ll be doing on a mountain?”

______________________

A/N: Damn, what's with that wall of text right thar? o.O Well, is there more descriptions than talking? Lol. Anyways, this is nice, I guess. It's sweet! It's sweet~ Ohh BaekYeol. What are you doing to my life? Um.. it's cute... right? TAnd I'm rambling now because I'm watching BIG at the same time. I just finished Queen In Hyun's Man and it was AMAZING. I think I'm going to like BIG too. :) And from Queen In Hyun's Man, I actually got an idea for this story... A very ANGSTY idea. So.. Yeah. See, there's going to be angst after all. :) Yeah, I'm going to stop talking now. I sound like a .

On a side note... if you read my stories, you'll probably notice that I'm sorta obsessed with muffins. >.> It's... a long story. LOL