Chapter 19

Driving to the Destination

 Donghae Pov

As we got out of the carpark it was around 8am. We hurried to the department store that just opened for the day. I took off my sunglasses and went to the counter. The staff immediately greeted me .
 
"how can I help you mr lee ? "
 
" as you can see ms hwang here is not in proper clothing because I spilled something on her so I'm here to buy her clothes. Can you show me your VIP exclusive collection? " 
 
"my pleasure " the staff led us to a room with lots of different clothing.
 
"take your time to pick. I'll leave you alone for now . " as the staff said that , she left. 
 
"now ... Pick whatever you like. " I told Tiffany . 
 
"Are you serious ?" I could hear the excitement in her voice. Typical for a woman. 
 
I gave her the approving nod and she thanked me happily . She took a basket and filled it with many pieces of the beautiful fabric. She then went into the dressing room. I drummed my fingers on the counter table and anticipated how she looked like . I still can't believe that I managed to make her go on a so called date with me . Hehe . I waited for a few more minutes and she came out . 
 
She chose a one piece floral dress that was white . It had pink floral design on it and it did suit her . She looked cute and pretty . She changed into many different outfits , admired herself in the mirror and I enjoyed it. If only I could see her do that every day. If only I didn't meet her. If only there wasn't such pure coincidence...
 
Within a week , Jessica and I had become very good friends . We often talked about being an idol , our science projects and different things. It was all fine but my foolish question ruined everything . 
 
" hey Jessica ... Do you like anybody among the trainees ? " I asked her casually . 
 
She looked away and blushed slightly. I nudged her . 
 
"come on. There's someone right? " 
 
"yeah ... " 
 
"WHO !!" I demanded . 
 
"I'll tell you next time okay ? " 
 
I pouted . I didn't want to invade her privacy since we knew each other for a week only . 
 
Months passed by , things were going well. I heard that though Tiffany rejected eunhyuk , he didn't give up at all. Still, being the kind angel Tiffany was , she treated his daily confessions as a normal routine and took him as a very good friend . Eunhyuk didn't seem to mind but I do. I was very .very. Very. disturbed by it . Tiffany was also still very popular in the school . Same goes for ryeowook and I. Jessica often hung out with me and ryeowook and Tiffany would go with her other friends. I didn't like it one bit that she wasn't hanging out with me anymore. It probably might have been the confession that drew us apart but eunhyuk did it as well. Why did she treat me so differently ? 
 
Then the day came . When everything changed . As usual when Jessica and  I were on the way to the SME building , I casually asked her the same question I had asked a few weeks ago. I thought that maybe it was okay to know now that we knew each other better . 
 
"so .... Jessica , who do you like ? You said you would tell me ! " I nudged her and pressed on. 
 
Jessica stopped in her tracks and turned to face me . Her lips opened then closed , opened then closed and she finally said it. 
 
"I like you."
 
I liked Tiffany . Anyone would have been able to imagine my expression that showed horror and surprise all mixed together . I didn't like that confession one bit . Now I know how Tiffany felt . I face palmed myself. 
 
"I really hope you will accept my feelings and go out with me Donghae. Take your time and think. " with that Jessica walked away. 
 
Oh no. I grabbed my head with both of my hands and squatted down. I shook my head . What could I do? 
 
Unless .... 
 
That was it . I sent Jessica my answer.