Chapter 15

Driving to the Destination

A/N : Hey people! If you think the story is gonna end after this chapter >.> HAHAHA I DON'T THINK SO. See the tag ^^ Idol Life. This is just the beginning of the beginning. I would like to call this a super long flashback. 

 

Tiffany Pov 

Lee Teuk oppa had invited me to a birthday party. I didn't know who that person was but since we were all trainees, I could do with a bit of socializing. I didn't know who that person was. Now I do though. 
 
The guy in front of me was Lee Dong Hae. He was a company trainee? Why didn't he tell me?! 
 
His jaw dropped and he stuttered panickly.
 
"Uhm.... U-Uh, I... I...."
 
I glanced at what was beside him. It was the bucket that Lee Oppa had always used . I began to absorb everything and so many emotions started to crowd my brain. I started to feel sad, disappointed, angry. I don't know what to feel anymore. 
 
"Tiff ... I can explain" Donghae began to walk towards me. 
 
"Don't say anything anymore. Why didn't you tell me?! You lied to me." With that, I turned around swiftly and twisted the knob. It didn't open. I tried again. It's not working at all. I stood there, stewing in frustration.
 
"Fany ah . It won't work."  I could hear Lee Teuk oppa's voice tinkling with glee. He had tricked me as well! 
 
"I won't let you out as long as you settle it with him." Then, I could hear his footsteps getting further and further away. 
 
"I want to go out fast. Shoot." I told him coldly.
 
" I don't know why I did that.... But, yes I know it's stupid and everything. I wanted to tell you everything. But-But..."
 
"But what ?!" I nearly shouted.
 
He gulped and looked away before continuing.
 
"I wanted to tell you before you fainted. " 
 
I digested everything again.
 
"You brought me to the hospital? Wasn't it Hyukjae oppa...?" I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.
 
"No, I was the one . " He said firmly now.
 
"Why did you run away then?" I was really confused now.
 
"That's because Hyuk liked you... And I thought he deserved you better than me ." His then strong voice softened and he stared at me from the corner of his eye.
 
Huh? What did he mean by that ?
 
 
Donghae Pov
 
I couldn't take it anymore. Everything just came out of my mouth. 
 
"That's because Hyuk liked you... And I thought he deserved you better than me ." My palms were already clammy and I peeked at her from the side of my vision. I hoped she got my message. The next few seconds were torturous . It's official. She was confused .
 
"What... What do you mean by that...? " she asked.
 
Simple. Very simple . 
 
"I like you. " The confession dropped like a bomb out of my mouth. Easy peasy. I wonder why I didn't do that earlier. 
 
Tiffany was shocked. It was as if I just told her that I was a vegetarian and ate only tofu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. She dropped onto the bed and her shoulders slunk. She was stunned . was agape. I hope she wasn't horrified. Oh well. 
 
I was very calm. Creepily calm.
 
"I... I don't like you that way... I'm sorry." Her voice softened at the end, as if to lessen the blow to me...
 
At first, it took some time for her words to fully sink in . Then , i heard this horrible choked sound coming from my mouth and my heart ached terribly. I felt as though there was a humongous hole in my heart . 
 
Contradicting to just now , I wasn't calm anymore. I was going to break down. Soon. Just then, the door lock clicked open . Perfect timing . Tiffany quickly ran out of the room and as for me , I out ...