Chapter 18

Driving to the Destination

Tiffany Pov 

He ... Just. Puked. On. Me . After he puked, he collapsed on me and I used two of my fingers to push him off . EW. I snorted in disgust.
 
My dress was... Well, let's just censor this part. I had no choice but to change into a new attire. But how? Sighing, I got up and took some napkins to wipe off the vomit. After cleaning myself up, it looked much better but still smelled really horrible. Just how much of beer did he down? To keep my idol image , I decided to take a short shower. Sneakily, I looked around the rooms and realized that no one was in the dorm, thank god. I had to look for some clothes quickly as well. I took a side glance at Donghae and sighed heavily. I guess I wouldn't have a choice. 
 
I went to him and hovered over him. Gosh, what am I doing? I seem like some anxious parent of his. I began to his shirt.
 
It was really awkward... I prayed like crazy that he would not wake up now.
 
When I was done, I quickly took it off his body.
 
I scanned him up and down. Not that perfect.  
 
Running to his bedroom, I took a random shirt hanging from his door knob and dressed him in it. Then, I grabbed a few necessities and hastily went to the bathroom to wash up. That 'short shower' took me close to an hour because I hated the sour smell on me. I must have scrubbed my body like a hundred times because when I was done, my skin was red and felt tingly. Unfortunately, I had no choice but to use his towel as well.
 
This is seriously getting grosser and grosser.
 
I quickly dressed myself up into his shirt and my clean sweat pants. When I was done, I got out of the room and banged right into something. More like someone. Who else? Donghae . 
 
He scanned me with confusion in his eyes while his lips seemed to twitch ever so slightly upwards at the corners. 
 
"Why are you wearing my shirt? " 
 
"In case you do not remember,  you puked on me !" I huffed with vexation.
 
"Oh.... Sorry.... " His apology seemed rather half-hearted.
 
"It's okay. Now, will you excuse me, I need to go! "
 
As I stepped to the side, he stepped to the side as well and he kept on blocking my path. He suddenly pinned me towards the wall and his eyes danced with mischief as he stared at me.
 
"Would you mind returning my shirt to me?" He asked huskily, as if I would fall for his charms.
 
He gave me a cocky smirk. No reply from me. 
 
"Need help taking it off ? " He teased and started to reach for the buttons. Irritated, I slapped his forearm. Hard.
 
"OWWWW!" he yelled. As if I hit him that hard.
 
"Serves you right for being such a ert. " I rolled my eyes and smirked back at him. 
 
"Woah ! I was just kidding chill! " He playfully held up his hands in surrender.
 
"Yeah, okay what are we gonna do about this? It's already 7.30 am! I need to train! And I have a schedule at 1 pm! "
 
Donghae frowned in frustration as he drummed his fingers on his leg. Suddenly, his face brightened up and he seemed to have thought of something.
 
"So ? " I asked impatiently.
 
"How about.... I take you to the department store? You can get you some pretty clothes and we can have some breakfast. " Donghae grinned at his "wonderful" suggestion. 
 
"Oh, how smart ! Do you want the media to take a picture of us ?! And they'll spread rumors here and there and we can be prepared to buy a coffin when Mr Kim finds out!" 
 
"I'm fine with anything if I can die with you . " he said in a composed tone. 
 
 I ignored how uncomfortable I felt at his statement and rolled my eyes again. 
 
"Aw~ Come on, don't be a spoiler honey." He pouted and gave me that annoying puppy-dog face.
 
I snorted. He knew my weakness very well. He's gonna act all disgusting and gay and he knows I'll freak out and do anything he says.
 
"FINE! " I shouted, my mind yelling with frustration. 
 
"Good decision, darling. " He said and winked.
 
We took out two pairs of sunglasses and while he wore a cap, I tied up my hair into a bun. I also rolled up my sleeves so that it wouldn't look too big . We got out of the apartment and set off for the department store. 
 
I sniggered as I remembered how idiotic he had acted when he was drunk. Meanwhile, he cast me a bemused look before opening the car door for me.
 
When we were on the road, my eyes started to close. I was very tired. My schedule was so packed and I still had to study for my examinations.  But I would pinch myself to stay awake.
 
"Sleep Fany. You need it . " Donghae told me in a comforting voice. He stopped at the side of the road and helped me adjust the seat position so that I would be able to sleep in a more comfortable position. I thanked him, feeling slightly grateful,  and dozed off to dreamland....
 
 
 
" I like you. " Donghae told me . 
 
I freaked out. That was too sudden. Just a week ago , Hyukjae oppa told me the same thing. Why? Why?!  What's so good about me ? I dropped onto the bed, not knowing how to react . My mind just completely blanked out.
 
Though that was my reaction, and it probably looked as if I was horrified by it, I had no idea why a teeny part of me was a little happy about it. Did I like him? As a friend? Or more? I was confused. Yeah, confused .
 
My immediate action right after I heard the door lock open was to run out and I did. The pressure was too hard for me to take it anymore. I ran and ran and ran. To where? I ran to a beach. I plopped myself down onto the ground . I dug my feet into the warm soft sand and hugged my legs. It was only then when my pounding heart slowed down and I felt relatively calmer, listening to the swooshing waves.
 
I pouted sadly. This day wasn't good at all. I had expected to have a good time making new friends with the trainees and artistes but then to realize the birthday boy was no other than Donghae, my guy best friend, I felt so.... He lied to me and the most unbelievable thing was that he was the hilarious Lee Bucket oppa in SME . Of all entertainment companies , I had to be in the same one as him and because of that, all this happened .
 
I sighed. My reasons for rejecting him were too complicated. I didn't accept his feelings because even if I did like him, I didn't want to risk losing my career just when I started. I had this rare opportunity to be scouted and casted in. I came alone and defied my dad for my dreams. I couldn't let anything ruin it. Not even love. I'm sorry, Donghae .
 
The next few days , Donghae came back after a while and I saw that he had took out his glasses and styled his hair, attracting fan girls of all grades . I also did the same. Boys were trying to check me out every day. I did this so that we wouldn't be able to be with each other quietly again. We would spare each other the awkwardness....
 
 
 
 
*Present day* 
I woke up with a start . I rubbed my aching eyes and opened them slowly. Donghae's face was just a few centimeters away from me.
 
I stared at those warm, brown eyes and my cheeks burned. We were so close that our noses could almost touch. It was extremely awkward for me because my seat was adjusted a little further back and he might just lose his balance any moment and fall on me . He came nearer before pausing hesitantly and my heart throbbed painfully. 
 
"Wake up... Let's go. " He whispered into my ears . He backed away and smiled gently at me, his eyes strangely devoid of any emotion. It seemed as though he was trying to mask something...
 
He got out of the car and I jolted out of my thoughts. I half-stumbled out and followed him.
 
What a dream I had...