Chapter 16

Driving to the Destination

 Donghae Pov

That totally did it . Nerd goofy glasses was gone . Old Lee Dong Hae? Gone. This is the new me . 
 
With the glasses gone and the killer smile , I had fan girls at school tailing me every day. My identity as a trainee was also revealed . Some of them went like this: 
 
"OMG, DID YOU KNOW DONGHAE OPPA GOT A NEW HAIRSTYLE?! GAHHHH, WHY ISN'T HE AN IDOL!!! YET HES SO TALENTED OMAIGOSH." 
 
Comments like that totally freaked me out but, oh well . Ryeowook wasn't losing his fair share of fan girls as well. He was good looking but always maintained a low profile . With me, he too gained popularity . As for Tiffany ... She as well had become the most gorgeous female beauty in school whom every guy would want . She got rid of her spectacles as well. 
 
I didn't like my new identity . I did it for her . Maybe she didn't like the old me ? The one who was constantly being foolish and childish . The one without the light brown hair which curled up in wisps at the end. The one with the goofy glasses which cover the big eyes with dark brown orbs. 
 
Perhaps she would like the new me ?
 
I remembered that when I out, I woke up the next day sick. I had a high fever and Lee Teuk Hyung had to take care of me 24/7. He told me I only called out for Tiffany the whole time. My world only revolved around her and nothing else . I also heard that she rejected Hyukjae.
 
Not me , not him. Who exactly are you thinking Tiffany? 
 
 
*A week later * 
 
I was strolling down the hallway to get my books . The fan girls behind me were squealing and I couldn't take it. It was absolutely annoying. 
 
As I walked, I bumped against somebody. I muttered a "Sorry" and kneeled down to pick up the books the girl had dropped . She looked at me and apologised as well. After I handed her books, she thanked me and I went to class. 
 
There was a new timetable and this time, I had chemistry. As I waited at my assigned seat , I saw that Jessica was the name of my partner. I rested my head on my hands. I closed my eyes sleepily. 
 
I suddenly felt a light tap on my shoulders and when I turned around, I saw the girl that I bumped into earlier.  
 
"Jessica Ssi? " I asked .
 
"Uhm yes... You are Donghae right? " 
 
"Yeah. You don't sound like you're from Korea." 
 
I decided to be friends with this girl. She didn't seem to be one of those fan girls who were head over heels with me . Besides, it wouldn't be bad to make friends with my lab partner as well. 
 
"Yeah... I was from the United States.. I came here because I am supposed to train to become an idol."
 
That's it. I was officially stunned . She ... Reminded me of Tiffany . She was from another English speaking country and she came here to be an idol. I would scream if she told me she was from SME . 
 
"Eer... Don't tell me you are from SME."
 
"Oh! Yes, I am ! How did you know ?"
 
"I'm from there as well... Do you know Tiffany ? She's the same as you. Coming from another country and she also came here to become a trainee." 
 
"Oh gosh, really ?! Which means i'll be seeing you a lot then!" She smiled happily at me.
 
I gave her a tight smile . Though she was a very nice person, I couldn't help but be reminded that she was so much like Tiffany. My heart ached for her .