Chapter Nine

It's Grotesque

Chapter Nine

 

I started to drive trying to calm myself. And assure myself that everything gonna be alright. When it is not.

---

I drove away from the mansion and proceeding to get away from the area. But I remembered I left Yoona somewhere before.

I sigh knowing that I have to find her all the way again before I can go home or go somewhere else. Honestly, I don’t want to find her if I could. But my oh so dramatic mom will do something extreme like forbid me to meet Hyukjae for a certain time. Which is I never want to do.

I drove to the mansion I left Yoona at, hope that she still around there. Maybe sitting on the bench she could found or whatever.

I stopped in front of the big mansion and eyeing every angle of the gangway, couldn’t find her, I tried to go to the park where peoples are around and can do whatever they want to. And my instinct was correct, because I saw her with her long hair and floral dress sitting on one of the benches. With a guy.

I parked my car nearby and walked inside the park that filled of children and their baby sitters, walked to the bench Yoona and the guy sitting at.

“Yoona-ssi.” I called using honorific. “We have to get back now.” I said again coldly and stared at the guy beside her with a blank expression.

“Oppa!” She exclaimed and rushed to me. “Why do you left me like that?” She asked with a tone of a toddler that demands her candies.

Instead of answering her, I kept staring at the guy that now standing beside her, wearing an expression that looked like… Jealousy. Nah, this is interesting. I said to myself and smirked.

“Let’s go home.” I said and started dragging her to the car.

“Is he your boyfriend, Yoona?” I heard the guy talked for the first time. I stopped and turned around, wanting to watch the drama that could possibly happen.

“Yes.” She answered as I expected and giggled.

I kept staring at him without saying a thing. For sure my stare is not the one that expresses possessiveness or jealousy. I just stared him blankly, waiting for another words he can possibly say.

“Hello, my name is Cho Kyuhyun.” He said casually and offered for a handshake.

I accepted the offer and leaned closer to whisper something on his ears. “She’s lying. You can take her for sure if you want to.” I leaned back and smiled gently at him, faking it of course, just to let Yoona see it.

At first he looked surprised. But after that he smirked, for both me and Yoona.

I continued dragged Yoona to the car and I could hear that Kyuhyun guy bid his goodbye.

“See you, Yoona.” Yoona replied it with a smile (What I imagined of because I didn’t hear her say a thing) and let herself dragged by me once again.

Once I arrived at the car, I let myself in without bothered to open the door for her.

I started the engine and drove away.

“Where did you get that guy?” I couldn’t help but to ask.

“He is the owner of the mansion you left me at. I rang the bell as you told me to and they let me in.” She explained and I could only smirk at it. The genius-in-school Yoona can be so dumb like this.

“Why oppa? Are you jealous?” She said and I could only snort at it.

I didn’t say a thing. First rule of facing someone like Yoona is don’t answer when she is talking nonsense. Just answer her if it’s really needed.

I drove along the way and thoughts about Hyukjae didn’t realize what I did slowly crept over my mind. Did he really don’t know that I was about to kiss him or was he only pretending?

I prefer that he was not pretending. I hope he is really didn’t understand what was I just trying to do. Because if he is, I will be in a miserable situation. What should I do if he refuses to be my friend again? I won’t just couldn’t have the chance to make him mine, but I won’t meet him as often as usual, he probably won’t visit my house after school again ever.

Just to think about it, I felt that I have to blame and torture myself even harder. Just to get Hyukjae back to normal situation. The situation before the I-tried-to-kiss-him incident.

But if he mad at me, he should express it, right? He was just faked his expression.

I shouldn’t be this hopeless. I still have another chance to apology, and I still have a big chance before Hyukjae has enough courage to approach Leeteuk. I said to myself and with that I smiled.

I continued drove and when we arrived at my home, I asked Yoona to get in and I said I want to go somewhere else by myself.

Surprisingly, she just nodded and did get out of the car and walked towards the home.

---

“5000 and 300 won, sir” The cashier said and I gave her that amount of money. I received the plastic bag and returned to my car.

I bought packs of strawberry milk. Hyukjae’s favorite. I always amused seeing his satisfied look after seeing this particular drink given to him.

I always stock them in my home because he usually craving for it after school. And seeing his satisfied look after drinking it makes me love him even more. His satisfied look just so adorable and cute, and I’m being the lucky person, is one of  few peoples who can see that look.

---

The next morning I got up a little early, I took a bath and prepared myself. Double checked my appearance, ensure that I look good enough and crawled down stairs to eat my breakfast.

My breakfast is made perfectly by the maids as usual. My mother also sitting in the dining table with her food. My father is on business trip so he obviously isn’t here with us eating breakfast.

“Ne, Hae.” My mother started while spreading jam on her bread.

“Yes mom?” I replied and took a bit of my toast.

“Look like you were having fun with Yoona yesterday. You look excited today.” She commented. I realized myself why I can be this excited. I just planned to get closer and make at least a little move on Hyukjae. Before it become a little late.

“Have I said it mom? I’m not interested in her.” I said with an irritated voice and returned my attention to the toast I consumed. Sometimes I can imitate my mother’s dramatic side too.

“Whatever. Pick Yoona up to school today.” She said firmly.

“No. I have to pick up Hyuk.” I said in a firm tone too. Mom never compelled me like this before, but I decided not to say anything more.

“Pick up both of them, then.” She replied again now with a challenging tone.

“Mom…”

“Hae…”

“Aish. Okay. Just for today.” I said again and stood. “I’m going now. Bye mom.” I bid my goodbye and pecked her cheeks.

I walked inside my car just when I felt my phone vibrated.

A message from Hyukjae.

Hae. I’m taking bus today, no need to pick up me. Don’t worry, I just have something to do today. See you in school.

Too late.

---

Marriage- noun

The relationship between two people who are married, or the state of being married