Chapter Three

It's Grotesque

I just stared at the ceiling for a long time and sleepiness slowly crept over me and I decided to obey hyung’s advice to take the beautiful sleep.

---

“Wake up Hyuk, your beautiful sleep is dismissed.” I felt someone shook me at my dream. I ignored it and keep hugging my monkey plushy, deepen my comfortable sleep.

“Come on Hyuk or I won’t help you anymore.” Hearing that, I was totally , and sit immediately.

“Take a bath. Remember to clean your body thoroughly. We will start our beauty session after that. Quick!” Heechul hyung said looked enthusiastic and excited. Maybe because beautifulness is his favorite thing in this world. I took my towel and went to the bathroom lazily.

After I took a bath I put on my usual home T-shirt and shorts. I went to hyung’s room. He was seating on his bed with manytools over his bed. Only some that I can name. Combs, hairdryer, and… Lipsticks? Oh God. The rest of them are even worse. Makeup tools that I can’t even name. Tubes in various sizes, a big box of many pencils. Wait… Is that marker? I bet my mom’s makeup tools are not this much. I bet a hundred thousand won for that. Is hyung making me become a girl?

I was about to flee from the room, when Hyung’s voice echoed.

“Where in the world are you thinking you’re going?” He said it with a pause in every word.

“No… where.” I answered nervously. Turned my body facing him.

“Here.” He said patting a tiny vacant area left on his bed, signaling me to sit.

I did what he commanded. And looked in horror at the things on his bed. As if they all were dangerous weapons and hyung is a terrorist, and I told to keep all this weapons at my body.

“Look at here.” Hyung commanded. I turned my head slowly to him. He stared at my face, looked from my forehead to my chin.

“You got y lips.” He said. That time, I really wanted to say “Are you just realized it hyung? What a caring brother you are.” But I was quiet pleased with his compliment. What Heechul hyung said about someone’s appearance is always true so I just smile and blush at it.

“But you got a pig eyes. Did you do what I told you last night?” He heard a bit irritated.

“I did.” I defended myself. Preventing from the other continuous blabbering.

He then, does what I always afraid of. He took a tool, from his big tool box and removes the tip, ready to do something with my eyes with it.

“What is it hyung?” I said, move my head a little backward.

“Don’t move. Do you want to look beautiful?” He said and and ready enough to make my nightmare happen.

I really wanted to say “Honestly I don’t hyung.” But he already lined it to my eyelashes, and did the same with my other eye. It was really a hard time for me when he did it with my eyes. I felt tortured. He moved his head backward, and I thought it’s done. It’s over.

“Looks good. But… You need more seducing lips Hyuk.” I widen my eyes hearing that? So I have to put on those scary lipsticks. No way. NO WAY.

“Hyung-“ I just wanted to say something but I was cut off.

“Shut up and don’t move or you’ll ruin my plan and I won’t help you anymore.” Hyung knows very well how to make me obey him. But… I think this is too much.

He took another tool, but now it placed on the bed, not in that box. But it has the same scariness with the tool before. And from the shape I know it. It’s a lipsticks or something like that.

Hyung did it to my lips and I felt uncomfortable after that. It makes my lips sticky and it was so unbearable.

“Smack your lips Hyuk. Like this Mma” He said and smacked his lips strangely like what actress those play an ahjumma role do in some drama I watched. And if I wasn’t in this horrible situation, I bet I was already rolling on the floor laughing watching my hyung did that.

“Mm…a” I did it nervously don’t want to make a sound at first, but I just wanted to make him satisfied.

“Do it again Hyuk. Do it properly.” He commanded.

“MMAAA.” I smacked my lips and shout to make him more satisfied.

“Great.” He said but he couldn’t help giggling after that.

“I think your skin is milky white enough so I don’t need to put foundation and powder again, because it will make it looked overdone.” He said. I was ultra relieved hearing that. “But make sure you clean it properly everyday and if there is pimple, I won’t help you anymore because it will be helpless.

I just nodded.

“You don’t want to look your appearance? You look great.” Hyung complimented me. I was so pleased and smiled.

“I do hyung, where is the mirror?” I asked. He gives me the mirror and I was a bit nervous when receiving it.

I was indeed surprised, in the mirror, I saw myself with a bigger eyes. I don’t know what hyung did to it, but it looked… Cool. My lips are plump as usual, but now I know what Hyung put on it. It was lip gloss. My lips looked glossy, and I have to admit it myself, it looked y. Plump and y, who can resist it? I looked over and over again, and I have to admit that I looked great. Just as hyung said.

“Thank you hyung.” I couldn’t help but to thanked him.

“I told you. Hyung want you to look great, and I did right? You owe me big time for this.” Hyung said. I smiled showed my gum. I never knew hyung will be this great. I was so thankful for having such a great hyung like him.

“I have to teach you how to put all of this yourself. But that’s later. Now, we have to find new clothes for you.” He said and looked at clothes I wore. “What a great brother I have. Go change.” He said sarcastically and singed me to go out from his room and change.

I changed to my plain black T-shirt and jeans. I proceeded to the living room wait for him to together go. He took his time to do his makeup and all as usual.

“Let’s go.” He emerged from his room with pink shirt and white pants with his car keys on the hand. I followed him to the car. But then his phone rang.

“Yoboseyo?” He answered without bothered looking at the caller ID.

“Hey, baby.” That’s obviously Hangeng hyung. “Ne. Yes, of course. Bye, see you~” He replied with whatever Hangeng hyung said.

“Mm… Hyuk. I think I can’t go with you. Hangeng is asking me for lunch.” What’s now? I just stared at him with my annoyed look. Lunch? At 9PM? Just admit it’s a date, hyung.

“So?” I continued staring at him and tapping my foot on the ground. Wearing an irritated look now.

“I know.” He replied and turned to his phone, pressing some button.

“Hae.” I widened my eyes just when I heard the first word he said. “Can you accompany Hyuk? Yes just for helping him find new clothes. Please Hae.” I was about to grab his phone from his ear when he moved backward. “Thanks Hae, I owe you big time for this.” Heechul hyung ended the call.

“Ya! Hyung.” I called him. It’s not that I don’t want to go with Hae. Well, probably yes, shopping with Hae is the worst thing. I experienced it many times on the middle school. I just wanted to buy comics but he kept telling me to go home. Since then, I never want to ask Hae for accompany me buying things again.

“What’s wrong with Hae? I think he got a great taste. Mmm… I’ll just contact the usual store what you will buy and if I don’t see the clothes I request when I get back, you are a dead meat. Hae will take you, wait inside the house. ” And with that He left.

I just want to say something. Hae’s house is not that far from mine, but it’s not near. I’m always afraid of being alone. Especially in my house. Well, I think it’d be fine, it’s morning after all. I walked inside my house and wait.

Reason why I’m afraid being alone in my house is because of my childhood. Back then, I was alone in my house and heard a sound of screaming woman. I was only seven back then so I had no idea of what sound is it. I looked outside the window and saw a man in black rushing to the other side of the road, escaping from my neighbor house. The house that exactly besides mine. Because of my curiosity, I exited my house and walked inside my neighbor’s house. And what I found that time is what caused this all. My neighbor, my friend’s mom, was lying on the ground with open eyes and mouth, with blood all over the ground. There was no one I could ask help, so I returned to my home, crying. Then, sometimes later polices gathered there and observed the place. What I remembered is the house was being robbed, and the woman killed. That’s why I hate being alone until now. No one means no help.

I waited sitting on the sofa. Then I began to feel creepy myself. I think I heard voices, the same voices I used to hear when I was child. Pictures of the woman began to flash in my mind. I closed my eyes and…

“AAAAAHHH”

---

Friend- noun

Someone who you know and like very much and enjoy spending time with