Chapter Twelve, part one

It's Grotesque

The next following days, Hyukjae who is still in his plan on approaching Leeteuk has stepped further. He has met Leeteuk and talk lightly to him for several times, and according to his brother, Heechul, Leeteuk has already interested on him. So he has planned how he will confess to Leeteuk, and prepared himself of rejection.

Honestly, when he does all of these, he feels something that maybe isn’t right for him. He asked himself for many times whether he really likes Leeteuk or not. But being a stubborn Hyukjae, he still glued with his first thoughts, and he kept saying to himself that he likes Leeteuk. And no matter what, all his plans have to be done.

On the other hand Donghae, He kept frustrated himself with many thoughts of Hyukjae. He was rather paid attention to many things of Leeteuk than talk to him. It did frustrate him more when he knew the next action Hyukjae will do for the sake of approaching Leeteuk.

Their high school, Kyungji International School has an annual event. It is the biggest event the school has in each year. The event more like a school’s sports championship. It holds many sports matches with other schools. But the difference is, it is just more than a championship.

Besides sports matches, in this event there will be various competitions, in various sectors. Art, Dance, Music, Culinary, Math or even Science. The event will be held in April, for two weeks. In those two weeks, student will not study or learn anything. That’s why the students always anticipate this event.

The student’s council always busied by this event. They have to collect funds, sponsors, and promote the event to the other schools. And Leeteuk, as the student’s council’s vice president, has the obligation to organize all the event preparation, the proposals, funds collecting, until promoting the event himself. Simply, he is the leader of the event’s committee.

The student’s council’s president herself, couldn’t be the leader of the committee, simply because of the student council’s policy, she has to take care and focus on the other programs.

Hyukjae who obviously knows about this thing once asked Donghae whether is it alright to join the event’s committee, as it is opened for anyone of the students to join. So he can meet Leeteuk more often, as it’s surely will be many meetings between the committee’s members to discuss things.

Donghae was undoubtedly broken heart once again knowing Hyukjae has think of another way, for Leeteuk. He just told that it may not be good for Hyukjae’s health. As he will be very busy on things.

“But Hae, maybe it will be my only chance.” Hyukjae argued him after he told about all the bad effects of joining the committee.

“But I’m worried about your health, Hyuk, you’re not really stable when you’re too tired.” Donghae tried to show his worry.

“Hae, I’m a man, and many girls have registered.” Hyukjae said and sighed. Look like Donghae’s worry didn’t really affect him. “I will register, Hae. Why don’t you join too? Ah, that Im Yoona, is she attending?” Hyukjae added just makes Donghae felt irritated once more as Yoona’s name mentioned.

“What’s the connection with her?” Donghae asked obviously irritated. He hasn’t met the girl for the whole day and he felt less burdened when she was not around. And Hyukjae just mentioned about the girl, and Donghae felt annoyed and upset at the same time. He was upset because Hyukjae kept asking about her lately, like she is Donghae’s girlfriend, despite he had told him like thousand times about it.

“Maybe if she registers, you-“ Hyukjae wasn’t finished but he was cut by the particular man sit beside him in that man’s car named Lee Donghae.

“Stop that, Hyuk.” Donghae said with a sarcastic tone as his best friend, wait, the person he loves, Hyukjae has turned unbearable.

Hyukjae just giggled at his best friend’s reaction, sure he knew already that Donghae doesn’t like that Im Yoona, according to the reaction given every time he mentioned about her. He just wanted to , and maybe he is good enough for a beginner, because Donghae always annoyed by it.

Donghae tried another way to convince his best friend not to join or even taking the registration form of the committee, but Hyukjae’s decision already permanent. And Donghae couldn’t do anything about it.

-end of chapter twelve, part one-

 

Chapter Twelve

part two

Available Section:

 

-Sport commentators   Need:  0

-Proposals sender        Need:  0

-Funds collecting        Need: 13

-Consumption             Need: 0

-Sponsor provider        Need: 5

-Design and printing  Need: 0

-Promote and advertising        Need: 2

 

“Are you taking the registration form, Donghae-ssi?” A girl’s voice startled me.

I was standing in front of the student’s council room reading at the information board about the sections that still available for the school’s event’s committee.

“Ah, is ‘promote and advertising’ section still available until now?” I asked my classmate, the one asking me before. Yeah, she obviously is my classmate because she knows my name.

“Mmm… I’m sorry but that two girls just have been accepted just now.” She replied pointing at two girls walking away from the student council’s room.

“But ‘funds collecting’ and ‘sponsor provider’ sections still available.” The girl added enthusiastically as if I’m gonna take the section. “And for this section you surely will be accepted.”

“How many people took those sections?” I asked, confirming my thoughts. Heck, from many of the rich students in this school why there are only a few who want to take the section. It’s surely easy for them right? Just spend some money for the event to be running smoothly.

“Err… two for funds collecting, and none for sponsors provider.” The girl answered hesitantly. “But if you do the funds collecting, your name will be on the first page of the event’s book. And if you find the sponsors provider, your name will be in everyone’s t-shirt.” The girl added. Again, enthusiastically.

What’s so important? I couldn’t even imagine “LEE DONGHAE” is on the committee members’ t-shirt. Worse, the t-shirt will be worn for the whole two weeks.

But I have to participate in the committee. For the sake of…

Controlling, wait, spying what Hyukjae will do with his so-called plan.

And looking at the girl’s effort, maybe the committee really needs the funds now.

“Mmm… Okay. I’ll take the ‘funds collecting’.” I said.  For me name on a book is better than on a t-shirt. The girl beaming happily knowing that her effort this time is not in vain.

“Good then, I’ll fill the form for you.” The girl said. “There will be the first meeting today after classes. It will be on XI-2 hope you’ll be attending. Thanks for registering.” The girl said and made her way back into the student’s council room.

I walked my way back to the class. Hyukjae was sitting on his desk reading something seriously. I wondered what he read as I knew that there wasn’t any test today.

“What is it Hyuk?” I asked as soon as I approached him. He turned his head facing me and turned his head back.

He said nothing so I took a peek on a single paper that he looked since forever.

SPORT COMMENTATORS SCHEDULES

“WHAT HYUK? You registered for sport commentator section?” I exclaimed just after reading the header of the paper.

He just nodded. His expression showed desperation and resignation.

“But why? You registered early, didn’t you? You should have many options of sections to take.” I spoke again. His expression just now just showed regret and… disappointment?

“I thought I can be in the same table when commenting on matches with Leeteuk. But the fact is this. The schedule has been printed out.” He said still on disappointment and showed me the paper.

Hyukjae got almost all of the soft ball matches, and some of basketball ones. Each match has two or three commentators on it. But there isn’t any match that put Hyukjae and Leeteuk together.

I felt relieved, this one is not something to be asked. But I felt sorry for Hyukjae too, he made his effort on it.

And the last thing is I felt jealous once again. Knowing Hyukjae felt upset because he didn’t got the same schedule with Leeteuk stirred me inside once again.

“Cheer up, Hyuk. You still can meet him on meetings.” I tried to cheer him up but on the same time sadden me.

He still can meet Leeteuk on meetings

But then I relieved knowing that I’ve made a good decision to join the committee.

---

The meeting is not as bad as I imagined. The meeting held in a class, and fortunately the class can be filled with around 40 peoples so it’s not really narrow.

Every section makes its own group and discussed. Obviously my group is the least at amount of peoples. Fortunately all of the “funds collecting” section attended the meeting. But still, 3 peoples.

More like a discussion of an assignment than what to do to collecting funds for the event.

Hyukjae sit there with another “sport commentators” section’s members. Most all of them were boys, but there were several girls. I spotted them looked at Hyukjae with adoration.

Jealousy and possessive self of me wake up once again. How I want to show that he is mine to all of the girls and boys there.

Wait, he isn’t.

I’m a little relieved that Leeteuk is not in any group. Well, not in Hyukjae’s group. He just spoke in front of the room at the beginning, explain some things. And dismissed the meeting at the end. Now I’m glad that he is the leader of the event’s committee.

Hyukjae looked at him every time he spoke, but luckily they had no conversation at all.

---

Donghae kept staring the ceiling. He was in his room, thinking of something hardly.

Is it right to do this?